Add 10 tokens of the twelve to E3BC saga reward

droid327

Right now tokens are in a bad place for TRing. They only drop from low epic level quests that you rarely run, outside of grinding tokens - so every life you're left ransacking BoB & LoD before you can actually reincarnate, after you've already leveled to 20

Putting 10 in 3BC would at least give you a different low epic path to TR that wasn't as repetitive

Upvote 3

voenixa121

Definitely have some things i boycott, and usually promote things that dont use the same antics as those places that i boycott. But i get and have all the things i want via sourcing out places that are fully respected by their clientele, man, you probably one of those people that says anything you buy from any company was the best idea ever, oh hey i know of a company that sells land with luxury houses on it in mexico.

P.s. obviously by the many current threads of disappointment by the ddo customers the reapect line has drawn very thin.
I cant actually afford to be that picky. And as for entertaintment, I just avoid the things that I dont enjoy. I cant imagine you will get joy from eventually seeing this game die either.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
8<snip>8
I don't understand your hostility toward my statement.
8<snip>8
It's a hostility toward the concept of 'close your wallet to force SSG to do what we want'.

Not towards You.

I have two annual subscriptions, occasionally buy points on 'sale' (double/triple bonus points) and buy the base versions of expansions, then upgrade when they go on sale.

Do I appreciate the game? Certainly. Do I wish some things were easier to get in game vs in the store? Certainly. Do I support boycotts of SSG to try to force a course of action? Nope, because I am convinced that would backfire, hard, and my wife and I would have to go find another game we both enjoy.

I apologize if you took it as hostility toward you, that was not my intention.

Aelonwy

It's a hostility toward the concept of 'close your wallet to force SSG to do what we want'.

Not towards You.

I have two annual subscriptions, occasionally buy points on 'sale' (double/triple bonus points) and buy the base versions of expansions, then upgrade when they go on sale.

Do I appreciate the game? Certainly. Do I wish some things were easier to get in game vs in the store? Certainly. Do I support boycotts of SSG to try to force a course of action? Nope, because I am convinced that would backfire, hard, and my wife and I would have to go find another game we both enjoy.

I apologize if you took it as hostility toward you, that was not my intention.
No worries. I wasn't advocating boycotting in my original statement, I was trying to sum up why we have the situation we do in regards to Token acquisition. It so happens I do NOT buy hearts but I feel I purchase enough things to indicate what I'm interested in spending on. Voting with our wallets is the only say we have, mine votes for expansions and cosmetics, and expansions with cosmetics (top tier.)

Stoner81

VoN 3 drops 2 tokens per person per run and can be done in 15 minutes.

With a full group that's 12 tokens in 15 minutes and 24 tokens in 30 minutes (give or take a bit) doing 2 runs of the quest.

Stoner81.

Sweyn

While I think 10 tokens for the saga is a little excessive and will never happen, the Token of the Twelve system really does need an overhaul.

This is an archaic system back when the level cap was 20 and epic only had one difficulty. The idea was that you'd run endgame content enough to get 20 tokens to TR. This is why only low level older quests give tokens. However, it seems as though they've forgotten about tokens ever since expanding into MoTU/Forgotten Realms.

Visik

I wont even go that far considering they were epic dungeon tokens and were renamed to tokens of the twelve to justify not putting the tokens in the new Menace of the Underdark quests. Saying that lore doesnt allow them in eveningstar is missing the fact that they are fine with changing the lore to justify post hoc. Of course, this point is irrelevant because:
Perhaps. But at least the '.. of the Twelve' moniker does provide a reasonable justification for not having them in Faerun (or other outside Eberron) content. But quests that actually give Twelve favor do seem to me to be a horse of a rather different color.

Visik

There is still already ways to get your tokens of the twelve in level range 25-27, it seems that the issue here is that people want to be earning max xp/min while farming their tokens. I understand that epic questing is ad nauseium so i can see why people want to get thru it as quick as possible.

Anything other than Challenges?

I mean sure, on Live you can just run the Token quests over-level. That's not an option on Hardcore, though.

Visik

1495 DDO store points can be easily earned in a single 1-20 life
And I'm sure that if you are VIP or already own all the content, races, classes, monster manuals, tomes, etc, etc, etc, etc, dedicating the entirety of the DDO points you earn in a life to this won't be a hardship. This is not true of all of us.

Putti

I think it would be fine if they were just added to the other epic Eberon quests. At least all the Twelve ones.

Maxxus Thull

Honestly, to all of you complaining about the "lack" of tokens, if making a dedicated toon to farm Tokens and keeping it for that purpose is too much, you are playing the wrong game.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
A possible work around just occurred to me.

Make Tokens purchasable in the Twelve for some existing in game currency, IF you have max Twelve favor tier.

Remnants come to mind, but it would have to be expensive because people have stockpiles of them. Or just make hearts purchasable for remnants IF you have the top Twelve favor.

Gives a use to something that usually just collects in people's inventory, and an alternative path to get hearts.

Probably won't happen, but would be a nice alternative. BTW, remnants is just what came to mind, could easily be some other thing people collect that has few alternative uses...

The Narc

Anything other than Challenges?

I mean sure, on Live you can just run the Token quests over-level. That's not an option on Hardcore, though.
They could make the eveningstar challenge ingredients convert too, as they are pretty useless at this point in time. This would give an option for higher level toons to atleast have a resource to farm out tokens, just keep expanding the upper level limit of those eveninstar challenges.

Ahpuch

Perhaps. But at least the '.. of the Twelve' moniker does provide a reasonable justification for not having them in Faerun (or other outside Eberron) content. But quests that actually give Twelve favor do seem to me to be a horse of a rather different color.
Oh i get it. But that is a not a good reason. If you want them added try something like
  • the quests in the twelve that came with WPM are not run very much. Adding tokens to the end chests will add incentive and help sell the adventure pack.
  • Add Tokens of the 12 to Myth Drannor. It will help sell the expansion. (Myth Drannor is so magical that T12s show up there!)
But dont use the Lore of the name. That is a dead end. The Lore is not your friend. The one time it was used they renamed it. Using they are “tokens of the twelve” as a reason will give three options:
  • They will ignore the suggestion
  • They will say “Gee your right we will add them”
  • They will be renamed to Tokens of the Vault, Fens, Sentinels and Carnival. (They will be removed from the three underdark pre quests because that would make the name too long)
One of those options has never been done before. Guess which.

Aelonwy

Oh i get it. But that is a not a good reason. If you want them added try something like
  • the quests in the twelve that came with WPM are not run very much. Adding tokens to the end chests will add incentive and help sell the adventure pack.
  • Add Tokens of the 12 to Myth Drannor. It will help sell the expansion. (Myth Drannor is so magical that T12s show up there!)
But dont use the Lore of the name. That is a dead end. The Lore is not your friend. The one time it was used they renamed it. Using they are “tokens of the twelve” as a reason will give three options:
  • They will ignore the suggestion
  • They will say “Gee your right we will add them”
  • They will be renamed to Tokens of the Vault, Fens, Sentinels and Carnival. (They will be removed from the three underdark pre quests because that would make the name too long)
One of those options has never been done before. Guess which.
I absolutely loathe that you are correct. I prefer logical consistency, and the most logically consistent avenue for more ways to acquire Tokens of the Twelve should be for more Epic Eberron quests, in particular those that grant favor of The Twelve, to also have a chance to drop Tokens or at the very least Fragments of Tokens of the Twelve in their end chests. But you are absolutely correct that they prefer to rewrite or ret-con lore if it troubles their expediency. If they gave a fig about lore, there would be someone in Stormreach that would not only recognize the player but significantly reward them for completing the first Sharn saga, once per life for saving Stormreach from the Madness Plague by recovering the Harbor Beacon. This should have been a Key-to-the-City, rub-elbows-with-the-Coinlords event. They can sell an expansion, but they've forgotten the quality of immersion in the experience.

Ahpuch

I absolutely loathe that you are correct. I prefer logical consistency, and the most logically consistent avenue for more ways to acquire Tokens of the Twelve should be for more Epic Eberron quests, in particular those that grant favor of The Twelve, to also have a chance to drop Tokens or at the very least Fragments of Tokens of the Twelve in their end chests. But you are absolutely correct that they prefer to rewrite or ret-con lore if it troubles their expediency. If they gave a fig about lore, there would be someone in Stormreach that would not only recognize the player but significantly reward them for completing the first Sharn saga, once per life for saving Stormreach from the Madness Plague by recovering the Harbor Beacon. This should have been a Key-to-the-City, rub-elbows-with-the-Coinlords event. They can sell an expansion, but they've forgotten the quality of immersion in the experience.
So true. They were very adamant when GH epic was released without tokens (despite being in eberron) that they werent going to add them to any more quests. It will take a good reason for them to revert IMHO. Both my examples included the word “sell” for a reason.

Visik

Honestly, to all of you complaining about the "lack" of tokens, if making a dedicated toon to farm Tokens and keeping it for that purpose is too much, you are playing the wrong game.
We do all kinds of workarounds for stupid game design all the time. But asking us to somehow decide it's OK that they make us do so seems like asking a bit much.

woq

It's not too much for me and I did so and I am not personally struggling for tokens (anymore). A lot of people are, and I think that's actively hurting the game. It is the wrong place to have friction. Sometimes friction is great, an arbitrary grind between lvl 20 and 22 for tokens is not that anymore.

Fizzix

VIPs should get a free heroic or blood Stone and a EPIC or Iconic every life.

tokens of the twelve are a PITA. that is all.

Yes I want it given to me. Farming them is not the enjoyable part of playing this game for me.