After last patch the game performance is degraded with low FPS

Yes this is taking place, I have rebooted and restarted DDO. Starts at 144fps capped to my monitor refresh. then over time it gets LOWER AND LOWER until it's not playable.

Lacci

Yes this is taking place, I have rebooted and restarted DDO. Starts at 144fps capped to my monitor refresh. then over time it gets LOWER AND LOWER until it's not playable.
Same here. The game usually runs at mostly stable 144 fps, now it starts at 144, and after 3-4 quests I´m down in the 50s.
But even when it shows 80 fps, it feels very choppy and stuttery.

Gromodzila

I can confirm the problem, when I start game I have around 250 FPS, after 2 hour play I get 25 FPS.... It is horrible :( Never experienced such problem before, looks like problem was introduced with latest release, althought did not notice it in Wendsday but I didn't play much (was mostly looking at new destinies)

DDO Gaming

Maybe we need update associated threads for post-update bugs (including video evidence) in the services forum so gamers can easily record bugs and post them for the devs to analyze.

It is easier to seek bugs whern you have video-evidence available

I've noticed that the performance hit is substantially more evident when using mouse steering. Not sure if it there is a relation there or not, but might be worth looking into. /shrug

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
I've noticed that the performance hit is substantially more evident when using mouse steering. Not sure if it there is a relation there or not, but might be worth looking into. /shrug
My experience has been that the problem is far more evident when playing the game than when not. The fix has been quite self-evident. See everybody back in the game... eventually.

My experience has been that the problem is far more evident when playing the game than when not. The fix has been quite self-evident. See everybody back in the game... eventually.
Seems like a rendering error where things that have been rendered stay rendered to be honest. Likely using a hierarchal occlusion map that never turns off.

Ooblagato

Hiding in plain sight
Yeah, same for me. As the FPS goes down, so does the turn rate. But it's probably just a side effect rather than a cause.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Seems like a rendering error where things that have been rendered stay rendered to be honest. Likely using a hierarchal occlusion map that never turns off.
The more I think about it the more my head hurts. It's almost as if the game is applying lightmaps or reflections to invisible (to the player) inventory items. I wonder if it's trying to load a visual of every single thing in your inventory/bank, whether or not you have it equipped.

Ooblagato

Hiding in plain sight
This is most likely. Given the recent updates the tumble charge display is the most likely culprit.
We are actively investigating this issue.
I highly recommend having the devs look into this. There was a similar bug with the claw marks display on bear form abilities a while back. It seems likely that it has reemerged here.