After last patch the game performance is degraded with low FPS

To be fair, this is a decades old game with spaghetti code (we're going on something like 5th generation of programmers now?). Maybe take a few updates to just fix things instead of adding new things?
This is exactly why I think it's a Hi-Z occlusion issue. In the 00's it was super common to render basic shapes using the CPU to determine if something should be rendered in full. This has largely been replaced by GPU Hi-Z in modern programming where this performance hit becomes negligible.
When I do trouble shooting I notice CPU utilization continues to rise over the course of a play session. Likely these occlusion maps are being loaded onto the CPU and never dumped.

Ooblagato

Hiding in plain sight
This is exactly why I think it's a Hi-Z occlusion issue. In the 00's it was super common to render basic shapes using the CPU to determine if something should be rendered in full. This has largely been replaced by GPU Hi-Z in modern programming where this performance hit becomes negligible.
When I do trouble shooting I notice CPU utilization continues to rise over the course of a play session. Likely these occlusion maps are being loaded onto the CPU and never dumped.
Yeah, my guess as to what is happening is that the tumble charges are being handled correctly on change/regeneration initially. But once the player loads into a new area they are reenabled as a part of the character visual loading process and start hitting performance.

Buddha5440

Hence the long shutdown times. That's why I suggested a break on new stuff to take time and try and fix the old stuff. Sadly, that would likely require having someone solely dedicated to going through and changing old code to new. Right now it's probably something like hieroglyphics->Sanskrit->Latin->BASIC->C++->...

Edit- By "long shutdown times" I mean when shutting down the game, not the downtimes of the servers.

Wanfanel

I think game start work in background mode, like you alt tab game, i have 4Ghz and 3060 RTX 12 GB VRAM, 16GB RAM... and when bug appears im capped to 25fps, even i try set all to lowest setting and i is not change in fps

Glimir

A few words about the game. Personally, I have been playing this game since 2012. Various things have happened here, but what this update introduced and did to the game is an exaggeration. You were supposed to eliminate the experimental tumble and what? you ruined the whole skill. What for? You were supposed to fix the bug with people being thrown into windows, you left us with a broken client and fps degradation. In my opinion, it would be appropriate to raise the issue of DEV. If you are not sure about something you want to implement, simply don't do it. People log in to the game to unwind and relax, not to get tired because one of you introduced an update quickly before the weekend and went home to drink a beer. We are your customers, thanks to US you have a living and earn money. So as a person who has been investing in this game for years, buying VIP every month and paying for each expansion pack since 2012, I expect efficient support. Meanwhile, I have to !@#$%^ all weekend because you can't fix anything. I'm so fed up with your incompetence and lack of communication with players that I decided to log in to the forum and express my grievances. Not that half the community wrote how to solve many problems.

DeathTitan

Yes I confirm this bug.
After doing a few quests "fps are gradually dropping": the game becomes more and more unplayable and I have to restart the client to fix the issue.

Of course after restarting the client the party/guild chat becomes unavailable for some minutes but this is an old bug (that I don't know if you will ever fix, I gave up on that).

All the players I know have the "game slowing over time" issue since the last patch.

ACJ97F

We already found the issue, it's U66. Didn't you read the warning label? "Caution: Do not use this patch if you are allergic to extreme failure.
Symptoms include severe nerfing, staggering lag, aversion to VIP, a desire to see sunlight, inability to roll, green spots in the field of vision,
and increased exposure to polls. If these symptoms persist, see a Cleric. Symptoms are highly resistant to Remove Curse, Feedback, and QA."

canicus

I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread. Is anyone else getting Failed to recover from teleport more often since the patch? I don't know if it's related or not.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread. Is anyone else getting Failed to recover from teleport more often since the patch? I don't know if it's related or not.
I haven't had a single one since the update (which is typical in that I can go days without them). But I've also played way less than usual since the FPS/mouse issues began.

Myosin

Am I correct in understanding this issue doesn't exist on the 32 bit client which is why the problem is still unresolved? Most people use 32 bit? I mean, they're acting on Twitter and stuff like the game isn't basically in what would be considered "unplayable state." Or is the bug not affecting everyone? Sure seemed like a lot of forum attention compared to normal.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Am I correct in understanding this issue doesn't exist on the 32 bit client which is why the problem is still unresolved? Most people use 32 bit? I mean, they're acting on Twitter and stuff like the game isn't basically in what would be considered "unplayable state." Or is the bug not affecting everyone? Sure seemed like a lot of forum attention compared to normal.
Nope. It effects people on the 32-bit client. Some people either on 32-bit or even 64-bit seem unaffected or not effected as much as others. But for the most part, many people are effected pretty heavily.

Playerbase pre66: We tumble around a bunch because we like to move quickly and experience more of the game, and we feel like the run speed is too slow. Maybe base speed could get increased?
Devs: *takes that personally*
Patch66: Not only can you not tumble as much as you like anymore, but now the entire game slows down the more you play it. Never ask for anything ever again.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
I hope when the finally fix this bug that they also fix the swapping characters loading in multiple times which I think is the exact same bug. Nothing like searching through all of your toons for that one item and after a while you get the same exact bug as the fps bug. So whatever is wrong right now with the UI is also what is wrong with the login screen or something.

DeathTitan

I see that you fixed the fps problem. But since then the game lags a lot and it's unplayable.

Please developers, can you focus on game performance issues? Try to play on Orien all saturdays and sundays, there are always 500+ players online and even in public areas I'm not able to move smoothly and I constantly lag while moving.

Also bank transactions are terribly slow.

All these game performance issues are happening since patch 66.0.1

Maybe take a look also at orchid blossom because it deals 10 times more dps than dragon breath now... if you balanced dragon breath then balance also orchid blossom.

Last edited: