Anyone know why we’re getting span for the United Arab Emirates?

popejubal

I’m not asking why we’re getting spam - someone thinks they can make some money, so they do the annoying thing. What I’m wondering is why we’re getting spam for the UAE. Most of the DDO player base is US from what I’ve seen, so spam for goods and services that people in the US could buy would make more money.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
spam, it just spams i guess

HZHeypc.gif

Primate

I'd like to know why it's still happening days later. It makes some pages on the forum nearly unreadable.

Kheledon

I’m not asking why we’re getting spam - someone thinks they can make some money, so they do the annoying thing. What I’m wondering is why we’re getting spam for the UAE. Most of the DDO player base is US from what I’ve seen, so spam for goods and services that people in the US could buy would make more money.
They're targeting the Russians, and plenty of Russians play DDO.

Cordovan

Community Manager
We've been seeing this particular form of spam attack for a few months now, and it is weird. We've made several changes to the forums that have helped but not stopped the spam. For every spam attack you're seeing I've stopped a couple from happening, so some progress is being made. We're working to further take actions to curb this kind of spam as well.

Kheledon

We've been seeing this particular form of spam attack for a few months now, and it is weird. We've made several changes to the forums that have helped but not stopped the spam. For every spam attack you're seeing I've stopped a couple from happening, so some progress is being made. We're working to further take actions to curb this kind of spam as well.
It appears to be a primitive attempt to "fool the Google" by spreading the same keywords and associations around to as many sites on the web as possible.

Regardless, thanks for your efforts.

Dragavon

The thing that makes me wonder is the places those "services" are available.

As if there is any DDO player that is active on these forums from Dubai :unsure:

mbartol

Murder Hobo
The thing that makes me wonder is the places those "services" are available.

As if there is any DDO player that is active on these forums from Dubai

Not from UAE, but I’ve played DDO from both Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Never saw targeted adds like these, but I did stick to playing DDO.