Anyone still interested in PvP?

bloodraiser3

I have a small group of people who still do PvP on Argo. but Id like to get more people into it and really want to do some 6v6 capture the flag and team deathmatch. Is this something any of you would be interested in?

Gyuma Bei

I have a small group of people who still do PvP on Argo. but Id like to get more people into it and really want to do some 6v6 capture the flag and team deathmatch. Is this something any of you would be interested in?
People do PvP in other MMOs for the a) bragging rights (via scores and leaderboards) and b) in-game rewards. Unfortunately, DDO does not have a fully realized PvP system with either of these. That's part of the reason why Hardcore is popular, being the second-best option for these kinds of player satisfaction.

Not saying there aren't DDO players interested in PvP for the sheer heck of it. But there's not a whole lot of them.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
But seriously, DDO (the classes, items, spells, and stuff) is not balanced for PvP nor will it ever be.

17 years of it not being balanced for PvP is proof of that.

bloodraiser3

How do you do it? Just level 32s duking it out or other rules?
Well currently the most balanced we can get it is level 7 first life with all gear available. With the following rules:
No ship buffs
No outside arena buffs
No cookies
No reaper points
Scarab of spell absorption
Vorpal
Ash Inprisonment
Paralyzing Arrows
Maximize
Manyshot
Blood Tribute
Diving Attack
Sap

Which in the grand scheme of things isnt really all that many rules.
People do PvP in other MMOs for the a) bragging rights (via scores and leaderboards) and b) in-game rewards. Unfortunately, DDO does not have a fully realized PvP system with either of these. That's part of the reason why Hardcore is popular, being the second-best option for these kinds of player satisfaction.

Not saying there aren't DDO players interested in PvP for the sheer heck of it. But there's not a whole lot of them.
I agree, I am currently working on an Elo system for doing ranks in my discord channel and I have already done 3 different tournaments with quite good rewards in game(Otto's box, Pets, Hard to get in game items, Etc.)

But seriously, DDO (the classes, items, spells, and stuff) is not balanced for PvP nor will it ever be.

17 years of it not being balanced for PvP is proof of that.
Agreed, the game is not balanced for it. But I am working on make it balanced. Which so far is going well up to level 7 at least lol.

Thanks for the input.

Sheikra

You have a discord link or something? I play on Orien, but if it's for first life characters only I can roll something up! Sounds super fun

Alco

You will have a hard time finding PvP opponents. It has never been a big part of the game, even at the beginning - probably because most OG DDO players were former (or current) D&D players who relished questing with groups.

My entirely unscientific research (I do my own research and that makes me right!) tells me that most of the people calling for PvP come from other games that are more solo-focused or me vs the world games.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

Well currently the most balanced we can get it is level 7 first life with all gear available. With the following rules:
No ship buffs
No outside arena buffs
No cookies
No reaper points
Scarab of spell absorption
Vorpal
Ash Inprisonment
Paralyzing Arrows
Maximize
Manyshot
Blood Tribute
Diving Attack
Sap

Which in the grand scheme of things isnt really all that many rules.

I agree, I am currently working on an Elo system for doing ranks in my discord channel and I have already done 3 different tournaments with quite good rewards in game(Otto's box, Pets, Hard to get in game items, Etc.)

Agreed, the game is not balanced for it. But I am working on make it balanced. Which so far is going well up to level 7 at least lol.

Thanks for the input.
Balance didnt matter, If you were being killed, quit being so GIMP and be STRONG for once, quit your complaining and BUILD a STRONG character For it.

bloodraiser3

Balance didnt matter, If you were being killed, quit being so GIMP and be STRONG for once, quit your complaining and BUILD a STRONG character For it.
I have thought about that, but at some point everyone will just one hit eachother no matter what you have or how strong your character is. Unless something changes with how damage is dealt in pvp.

You will have a hard time finding PvP opponents. It has never been a big part of the game, even at the beginning - probably because most OG DDO players were former (or current) D&D players who relished questing with groups.

My entirely unscientific research (I do my own research and that makes me right!) tells me that most of the people calling for PvP come from other games that are more solo-focused or me vs the world games.
It is hard to find opponents but when we do its always fun. so I think most people just dont know ddo has pvp and the arena with Capture the flag and team deathmatch.

Orchidblossomwasgutted

So you would prefer max level with everyone just one-shotting everyone? Genuinely curious if there are people that would prefer that.
no, we can just chose to not use those "certain" abilities that are that strong.... just... pump numbers up and hit each other.. or pump spell power up use a non destiny modified spell or a Non modified Melee hit boom youve got a Natural fight....