Are the Dice Rigged?

Is DDO's dice(RNG) rigged ?

• Yes, the dice are rigged in ALL areas.

• Yes, the dice are rigged on crafting rolls, daily dice rolls, reward rolls, curse cards, chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on daily dice rolls, reward rolls, curse cards, chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on reward rolls, curse cards, chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on curse cards and chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on chest rolls (and rerolls for sure)!

• No, the dice are not rigged and it's just "RNG".

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elminster

This may be one of the more controversial topics in DDO, but it needs to be brought up due to the sheer prevalence of the belief that the "RNG" of DDO is actually rigged.

Do you believe that it's rigged? if so in which areas?

Reactions: DBZ

The_Apocalypse

As with all MMOs, the game's AI is programmed to do whatever it takes to negatively affect the players' characters, within the confines of the rules. This usually only results in obscure ways to kill your toon, but I don't think that going out of its way to F with rando rolls for loot or DD rolls is beyond its scope.

Elminster

As with all MMOs, the game's AI is programmed to do whatever it takes to negatively affect the players' characters, within the confines of the rules. This usually only results in obscure ways to kill your toon, but I don't think that going out of its way to F with rando rolls for loot or DD rolls is beyond its scope.
8mzihw.gif

Dunspartacus

It's more a case of stacked odds than loaded dice. Say on daily dice, 80% of the rewards are bad to mediocre and 20% are ok to great, so your chance of a good result are inherently bad, but I highly doubt the program is sneakily low rolling the dice. Same goes for things like reaper bonuses or such, just not good odds but it's not "rigged."

YeeboF

They aren't rigged, but you will get unusual streaks a bit more often than you would with a completely random system (not that I haven't seen the occasional bit of "Wow, freakshow" with systems I knew were completely random). I've seen it in pretty much every PC game I have ever played where RNG is an element, it's not that DDO is particularly bad.

Awaits CS grongnards telling us what most of us already know about why this occurs . . .

Hireling

Because there is an actual real life money aspect to things involving shards, SSG would run afoul with state laws involving gambling, slit machines especially if the numbers were not true RNG or "loaded".
Because a player can reside in states or countries that disallow this.
Now I am aware people can claim that by signing in we are signing a "quit claim" on the laws. But the precedence for this was established with "loot boxes" and lawsuits from this.
It was established that there is no US Federal law against these, but that ruling did not apply to other countries or all states, since gambling is a state by state regulatory function.

TLDR: It would be illegal for SSG to "load dice" in a negative way in many countries and states, thus it would be a headache that they would most likely look to avoid.

Svirfneblin

I know some people who record every daily and weekly dice roll they do and they swear they’re those dicer waited low but then I just got not one but two 100 gold rolls back to back yeah baby. RNG THAT

DDO Gaming

This may be one of the more controversial topics in DDO, but it needs to be brought up due to the sheer prevalence of the belief that the "RNG" of DDO is actually rigged.

Do you believe that it's rigged? if so in which areas?
In your head. Like everything else controversial.

The most controversial thing here is that you should quit DDO and finally find a girlfriend... 🙄
And that...