Are the Dice Rigged?

Is DDO's dice(RNG) rigged ?

• Yes, the dice are rigged in ALL areas.

• Yes, the dice are rigged on crafting rolls, daily dice rolls, reward rolls, curse cards, chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on daily dice rolls, reward rolls, curse cards, chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on reward rolls, curse cards, chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on curse cards and chest rolls

• Yes, the dice are rigged on chest rolls (and rerolls for sure)!

• No, the dice are not rigged and it's just "RNG".

Results are only viewable after voting.

DDO Gaming

I think I'm being unfair elminister so I'll give provide a science engineering explanation.

digital 1 and 0 (the basis of all things electronic including your ability to see the mindless nonsense words of wisdom you post on you rmonitor.

they are also comparable to atoms. Thus digital technology hasn't yet evolved to the point we can create the digital materials we need to be able to manufacture rigged dice.

Col Kurtz

my buddies accuse d me tons of times of having loaded 20 siders when I was DM

>I eventually started assigning each player a number and roll for each enemy to see who they attack, to avoid being accused of playing favorites
>I have like 8 diff 20 siders at least, change every roll
>still critted them like madness! ... hadda get rid of special crit table too, so they could keep all their arms and legs:)
>some people just have the magic touch w the dice

DDO Gaming

BTW I'm pretty sure most MSWinX assembler languages offer a random number generator so this entire OP is slightly "alternate reality"

Lazuli

my buddies accuse d me tons of times of having loaded 20 siders when I was DM

>I eventually started assigning each player a number and roll for each enemy to see who they attack, to avoid being accused of playing favorites
>I have like 8 diff 20 siders at least, change every roll
>still critted them like madness! ... hadda get rid of special crit table too, so they could keep all their arms and legs:)
>some people just have the magic touch w the dice
My players called my black d20 that I use for NPCs "the black die of death," because they joked that that die rolled too well. They often joke that it is rigged, etc. And one day they hid it from me, to continue the joke.

But it was a joke, the players didn't really believe it was rigged, it was just a bit of a joke on the dice that hurt them lol

Cheeps

Tired Member
I'd like the bleeding stabilization roll swapped with the gold/silver rolls please.

That way we would always stabilize and would never run out of sunflasks.

nenetteblackmoor

Sometimes I operate 6 accounts and open chests eight times, and what I always notice is that the drop rate for items drastically decreases after the third time.
I feel like the drop rate decreases when you open a chest three or more times on the same day.

Also, when a new update comes, initially the drop rate is high, but after a while, it decreases.

It's noticeable when farming eight times with multiple accounts.
I feel like the number of times chests are opened might affect the drop rate, similar to an experience bonus.

Last edited:

Solarpower

Sometimes I operate 6 accounts and open chests eight times, and what I always notice is that the drop rate for items drastically decreases after the third time.
I feel like the drop rate decreases when you open a chest three or more times on the same day.
It is. It's a well-known Ransack mechanic that lowers your XP & loot if you repeat the same dungeon.
No dice are involved.

Warsaga

It is. It's a well-known Ransack mechanic that lowers your XP & loot if you repeat the same dungeon.
No dice are involved.
Players are penalized for farming? Is this another tactic to force rerolls? I haven't seen this information anywhere; where have they confirmed this?

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
2(1d8+2) =rigged
2(1d8) = not rigged
that's not the right way to rig them smoothly :
for a standard randomize function 0.0 < rnd() < 1.0 , it would rather be : rnd() ^ x
to increase chances of highest : x < 1.0
to decrease chances of highest : x > 1.0

Elminster

Players are penalized for farming? Is this another tactic to force rerolls? I haven't seen this information anywhere; where have they confirmed this?
They are for some strange reason. You can farm out a chest 8 times and then you are forced to wait a week.

nenetteblackmoor

No dice are involved.

It's a matter of perspective.
Let's assume there's a 35% chance the item will drop.

35 - loot count > 1d100
35 > loot count d100

In this case, the latter would be manipulating the roll. :)
This is the developer's specialty MAGIC!

Last edited:

nenetteblackmoor

I knew about the waiting a week, thats ransack. But is there confirmation that probability drops with subsequent openings 1-8?

It hasn't been confirmed or stated anywhere.
I'm sorry, everyone including myself loves conspiracy theories.

When assuming a drop rate of 35% for Elite rank items, opening the chest with six people results in a 92.4581% chance of item drops.

0.65 x 0.65 x 0.65 x 0.65 x 0.65 x 0.65 = 0.075419 %
1 - 0.075419 = 0.924581 %

Probability of consecutive item drops gradually decreases as follows.

0.924581 x 0.924581 x 0.924581 x 0.924581 x 0.924581 x 0.924581 x 0.924581 x 0.924581 = 0.534023203 %

1: 0.924581109 %
2: 0.854850228 %
3: 0.790378372 %
4: 0.730768912 %
5: 0.675655131 %
6: 0.624697971 %
7: 0.577583943 %
8: 0.534023203 %

Probability of consecutive drops decreases steadily, so it's just a misconception that items stop dropping. :)
People tend to remember unpleasant things for a long time, but they quickly forget about casual happiness.

Even if there's a mistake in the calculation somewhere, please don't nitpick!