Artificer heroic gear

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
So after a long long while, I went back to fleshy pew pew pure artie with construct essense of course. I ran a few melee lives (thirteen is so much fun) but since they bugged/nerfed runearms I thought it was time to go back to ranged. Now, I want to be using medium armor because of all the bonuses in renegade mastermaker. Which leads me to a conundrum: Upon reaching 15 I can't use wallwatch set because that's robe/light armor/docent only. I dont' want to use sharn artificer set because even for caster artificers it has dublex attributes. Experimenter also is only robe/light armor (not even docent!). So what do I use? Do I just stick with crypt hunter and 5 rloft pieces?

For reference, using goggles/cloak/boots/ring/ring rloft, armor-necklace-trinket crypt raider, butterfly helmet+relentless fury belt from feywild, ghostly toee bracers and coop hp gloves.

DDO Noob

Some rune arms are bugged.

With the ability to now apply metamagic and increased effective levels, the ones that work (mostly the cone blasts) are actually more powerful than ever.
I wasn't aware some were bugged. Is there a list of those that still work properly?

DBZ

I like sands sets there twink

Scav sets real nice writhing storms too and the force set and the helpless set

And you can get the storm xbow again i here its pretty good

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I wasn't aware some were bugged. Is there a list of those that still work properly?
Most if not all "shot" type runearm shots including but not limited to force shot, acid shot, tidal shot fail to hit an enemy at range with multiple projectiles. When close up it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. More specifically, ALL runearms that had been tampered in the macrotechnic update have problems. Electrical leash has been nerfed or bugged, depending who you ask. Electrical storm shots also miss the second and succesive shots after they nerfed their aoe effect same as 'shot' runearms.

More specifically, any runearm shots that used an 'arc' are bugged.

The only ones that seem to work properly now are cold shot, fire shot (from bank runearm) and the blast ones.

Aerendil

Medium armour is tricky. As you noted, the good ones you'd probably want from Ravenloft or Sharn are light armour or docents.

Crypt raider is ok, and you'll probably outlevel it quickly enough anyways. Same with Wallwatch vs Family.

I'd have a look at the new anniversary quests though. It's a late armour (level 18), but Renovation Regalia might be just what you're looking for.