Ascension Chamber

Mornyngstar

I just ran the Abbot raid yesterday. There seemed to be interest in having it run more in the future. That is why I am announcing a standing Abbot raid on Sundays at 4:00 pm EDT (EST when it switches). This will be going forward until interest drops off. If there is more than a raids worth of people interested or multiple toons from the same person I can run extra. In conclusion dust off your Completed Sigils, do your Litany of the Dead runs (4) and get ready to teach the Black Abbot a lesson.

For contact and to reserve your space (be on time or next person gets it) send a mail to Mornyngstar (in game).

Note these runs are for completion and loot so will take toons all the way to level 32. I will also be teaching how to properly run the raid and the easy version also.

Last edited:

Mornyngstar

Managed to run Ascension Chamber (Abbot HE), Vault of Night (VoN) 5&6 EE (Joined Hapyjoe since he started before my group did, excellent run.), Chronoscope (Chrono) EE, A Vison of Destruction HE (VoD), Hound of Xoriat HE (HoX), The Master Artificer HE (MA), The Lord of Blades HE (LoB), The Fall of Truth EE (FoT), The Reaver's Fate HE, Tower of Despair HE (ToD), The Shroud HE (Shroud), The Twilight Forge/The Titan Awakes HE (Titan), Zawabi's Revenge EE (DQ2).
I did not have time for Caught in The Web (CiTW). I hope to get to it next week for running.

Notes: no one pre-signed up for Abbot. Getting to Heroic Hound is still a pain. So many people saying "If I can remember how to do it.", lol.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
So happy to see more folks from Thelanis starting up public groups for raids!

Now that I see you are doing this I'll let my guildies know and we might join you for some. Always like getting some raids in and haven't quite mastered some of the ones you mentioned. Others I've only done a time or two or not at all for the Heroic versions.

Have you thought of starting up and using a Discord channel to organize this and give a better place for voice coms during the raids? I know that the Saturday raids I participate in have us sign up on an event bot and it sends a message out 30 mins prior as a reminder. I mention it because more than once I've forgotten whether or not I had signed up and having a place to go see that list saves me from accidentally signing up again.

Looking forward to this becoming a thing.

Contessor

Abbot is run very frequently but in small groups...I usually end up duo'ing on Thelanis often as not many go through the trouble of flagging. I have put up a few LFMs recently but wait 10mins and no takers.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
I know that with the regular raid group I join on Saturdays the leader will tell us a week in advance if we are running something that requires flagging (more than just the thunderholme rares).

We did Abbot about 5 weeks in a row and he reminded us each time that we were starting with that one since it had the flagging required. Then he'd open it up for PUGs afterwards.

We do that with Leg. Shroud as well even though that one is a much easier flagging.

Putting out a list of raids you want to run that need flagging and doing them at the beginning or end of the raid train can make a real difference in participation.

morningfrost

I just ran the Abbot raid yesterday. There seemed to be interest in having it run more in the future. That is why I am announcing a standing Abbot raid on Sundays at 4:00 pm EDT (EST when it switches). This will be going forward until interest drops off. If there is more than a raids worth of people interested or multiple toons from the same person I can run extra. In conclusion dust off your Completed Sigils, do your Litany of the Dead runs (4) and get ready to teach the Black Abbot a lesson.

For contact and to reserve your space (be on time or next person gets it) send a mail to Mornyngstar (in game).

Note these runs are for completion and loot so will take toons all the way to level 32. I will also be teaching how to properly run the raid and the easy version also.
Thank you for this. I would gladly join, but it's very unusual for me to play on Sundays. I just wanna say thank you for doing this.

Mornyngstar

Sunday 4pm EDT will be another round of Old School Raids. Everything we did last Sunday and try to hit Caught in The Web also. We will start with Ascension Chamber HE (Abbot). The LFM will have (Mornyngstar) posted.

PersonMan

I do sincerely miss running Abbot the intended way, actually coordinating the ice wands to make it across without touching the water and actually leading people across the invisible tiles rather than death abuse.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Sunday 4pm EDT will be another round of Old School Raids. Everything we did last Sunday and try to hit Caught in The Web also. We will start with Ascension Chamber HE (Abbot). The LFM will have (Mornyngstar) posted.
What level toons will you be taking? I recall you saying cap (32) would be fine because you are going for completion and not XP.

Mornyngstar

What level toons will you be taking? I recall you saying cap (32) would be fine because you are going for completion and not XP.
You are correct, any level toon as long as you are flagged and meet the minimum level to enter the raid. If you are not familiar with the raid instructions will be given (prefer you can hear voice but not required, i.e. I suck at typing but can do it). If you want/need to learn the more complex raids (Titan, Abbot) we can arrange a time to teach those (noncompletion runs).

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
So how'd the raids go last night? I hope you found some fun again.

I was working on my TR toon most of the weekend. Was able to go from level 5 to level 16. Trying to get back to 20 so I can utilize the 1st time bonuses on those Night Revels quests before they end.

It is such a boost to have some guildies help you through the level 37 versions of them at 20+ for a massive XP boost.

Mornyngstar

On Sunday October 29th we ran Abbot, Titan, Shroud, Zawabi's, Chron, Von 5&6 and a Caught in the Web. 5 hours of raiding fun.

Mornyngstar

On Sunday November 5th we ran Abbot, Titan, Shroud on HE. We also ran Zawabie's, Chronoscope, Von 5&6 on EE. Also ran Defiler on R1. There was a request for Tower of Despair so that will be run next Sunday November 12th.

If you need help flagging for any raids pls send a mail to Mornyngstar in game and I will see what I can do.

Mornyngstar

Another Good Raid Night. We were able to run HE Abbot, EE Chrono, EE VoN 5&6, EE Zawabi's, EE FoT, HE Titan (We did not 1 shot him so had to use pillars which was fun. Also, Skull Fetish Mask dropped for me and had never seen one before.), HE HoX, HE VoD.
I was going to do HE Shroud but someone needed HoX and VoD for favor.

Mornyngstar

Today we had a very good turnout. Started with 9 people for the HE Abbot Raid. Then we did EE Chrono, VoN 5&6, Zawabie's, FoT. After that we hit HE Titan raid, I almost 1 shot him with a Sun Pillar (used Well Spring and Spell Power Boost). Managed to get 10 people to HE HoX (3 people dropped out due to us not running Legendary). Next was HE VoD, MA and rounded it off with HE LoB (had to run twice do to too much dps on the Lord of Blades. FYI don't take him to -500k+ or take the pillars down before the DM says so.

This next week will be flagging some people for Abbot so if you want help message Mornyngstar in game.

Mornyngstar

Once again had a good run last night. The Abbot run was a little light with 6 people (Had 3 items drop with a Seal of the Abbot that was given away). The EE Chrono, VoN 5&6, Zawabie's (3 minute run) and FoT (10 minute run) went off without a hitch. Next did a requested CiTW raid (To those who participated Thank you for a very fast run at 26 minutes). Only had 3 people in the Titan Raid and my hit on the Titan was too soft so had to use 5 pillars to take him down. After that was a 4 person HE Shroud run. We were able to do all the puzzles and take down the Devil in 1 round.

As a note I will be running on the 24th as normal.

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Thanks again!

Glad I was able to finally join for the first two raids last night. Had fun as a warm up before HCs9 static.

Keep on Keeping on! I look forward to finding a Quiver eventually.