Attuned Bone Falchion and Dinosaur Bone Falchion

nenetteblackmoor

With the addition of the Deck of Many Curses, any weapon can now become a Favored Weapon.
I decided to change my equipment for the first time in a while and conducted a gear puzzle.
And I tried cursing about 200 times, but about 4 times, the curse of Favored Weapon was applied.
It seems like there's roughly a 2% chance of getting the Favored Weapon curse.

As an experiment, I cursed the Attuned Bone Falchion about 5 times, and three of them got the Death Block curse!
Damn RNG!

So I thought, if I go for the Dinosaur Bone Falchion, it's easier to mass-produce, and I think if I get around 50 of them, I might get the Favored Weapon curse.

The difference between Attuned Bone Falchion and Dinosaur Bone Falchion is the Dread Isle's Curse and a +2 damage bonus.
If I use Vecna's Profane Set, I won't need the Dread Isle's Curse, so the difference between Attuned Bone and Dinosaur Bone is just the +2 bonus.
Is this +2 difference significant?

I like Aasimar, so I don't want to reincarnate into a Wood Elf if possible.
Recently, due to a foolish mistake I made during equipment puzzles, I've become cautious? No, I've become timid.

Could I get some advice if possible?"

DBZ

RNG 50 or 50000 good luck

You probably have better odds getting reaper hats and rings then that single curse

And MD with 2 more levels will blow all current weapons aways

nenetteblackmoor

Reaper boost equipment often drops frequently.
When item farming, you can usually acquire several of them in a day.
Don't you think it would be interesting to combine the Melee power of Aasimar with the Critical range of a Falchion?
When Reaper Boost's Melee Power is added to Aasimar's Melee Power, it becomes even more enjoyable.

What does 'MD' stand for?
If it's about curses that increase item levels, it's definitely appealing.
However, regardless, you need a lot of materials to outsmart the stupid RNG and get the curse you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

DBZ

Myth drannor and level cap of 34 and theres 1-100 different curses with weakers being heavier chance rates

The math on that is astronomical

And then say u get it on a 0 bonus blank great till u pull a full 4-7-10 copy and no way to transfer curse to the copy

nenetteblackmoor

RNG 50 or 50000 good luck

You probably have better odds getting reaper hats and rings then that single curse

And MD with 2 more levels will blow all current weapons aways
I also considered Myth Drannor.
Switching to new items means the current materials will remain unused indefinitely unless used.
Although I only have enough materials to acquire 30 Falchions, statistically it might not be sufficient, but I thought it's better than leaving them unused.

Reactions: DBZ

nenetteblackmoor

Yes, or even better, TR into a 15/5 Dlord so it won't really matter too much if it's favored or not
I've been very curious about Dragon Lord.
Should I still take Dragon Lord even if it means sacrificing paladin's core enhancements at levels 18 and 20?
Are KotC's T5 also being abandoned?

PraetorPlato

With the addition of the Deck of Many Curses, any weapon can now become a Favored Weapon.
I decided to change my equipment for the first time in a while and conducted a gear puzzle.
And I tried cursing about 200 times, but about 4 times, the curse of Favored Weapon was applied.
It seems like there's roughly a 2% chance of getting the Favored Weapon curse.

As an experiment, I cursed the Attuned Bone Falchion about 5 times, and three of them got the Death Block curse!
Damn RNG!

So I thought, if I go for the Dinosaur Bone Falchion, it's easier to mass-produce, and I think if I get around 50 of them, I might get the Favored Weapon curse.

The difference between Attuned Bone Falchion and Dinosaur Bone Falchion is the Dread Isle's Curse and a +2 damage bonus.
If I use Vecna's Profane Set, I won't need the Dread Isle's Curse, so the difference between Attuned Bone and Dinosaur Bone is just the +2 bonus.
Is this +2 difference significant?

I like Aasimar, so I don't want to reincarnate into a Wood Elf if possible.
Recently, due to a foolish mistake I made during equipment puzzles, I've become cautious? No, I've become timid.

Could I get some advice if possible?"
To answer the original question: it's a +2 *per die*, so about +13-15 deadly probably.

droid327

I've been very curious about Dragon Lord.
Should I still take Dragon Lord even if it means sacrificing paladin's core enhancements at levels 18 and 20?
Are KotC's T5 also being abandoned?

Yeah you give up T5 kotc, and core 5-6 (though without T5 the capstone isn't great anyway), and Cure Serious. You keep Holy Sword and Zeal though. You trade your KotC imbue for the Dlord elemental one, but both scale the same and don't have immunity worries. You lose some power on LoH and your MP PRR MRR buffs.

You gain a STR trance so you can go STR for everything, an AOE helpless CC, extra feats (Stunning Blow is good for more AOE helpless CC), a couple Second Winds, you can use non favored Falc for +2 extra crit range over Gsword, and you go up from +1 to +2 crit mult

It's a pretty good toolkit to go with paladin

nenetteblackmoor

Yeah you give up T5 kotc, and core 5-6 (though without T5 the capstone isn't great anyway), and Cure Serious. You keep Holy Sword and Zeal though. You trade your KotC imbue for the Dlord elemental one, but both scale the same and don't have immunity worries. You lose some power on LoH and your MP PRR MRR buffs.

You gain a STR trance so you can go STR for everything, an AOE helpless CC, extra feats (Stunning Blow is good for more AOE helpless CC), a couple Second Winds, you can use non favored Falc for +2 extra crit range over Gsword, and you go up from +1 to +2 crit mult

It's a pretty good toolkit to go with paladin

Thank you for providing specific examples!
I will try calculations following the examples you provided.
I have been skeptical about Dragon Lord+Paladin so far, but I feel like I can see some light now.

Even if Avenging Cleave is supplemented by the Fighter bonus feat, losing Holy Retribution's Instant Kill is considered a significant loss for the Paladin, which is why I've avoided considering multiclassing with Dragon Lord.

Grunndi

Even if Avenging Cleave is supplemented by the Fighter bonus feat, losing Holy Retribution's Instant Kill is considered a significant loss for the Paladin, which is why I've avoided considering multiclassing with Dragon Lord.
Personally I’d be more concerned with the loss of 95 melee power (and 3% damage aura) from pally T5s and Core 6 (assuming you manage to find your favored Falchion unicorn). I’m far too lazy to do the math on whether that’s worth +1 crit multi, with the falchion’s wide rage it might be. And you need to factor the DLords extra CC stuff which is harder to quantify.

Holy retribution IKs are nice while leveling but drop off in usefulness pretty fast at higher levels. Thinning mobs packs slightly is nice, but in my opinion at cap it’s mostly for regenerating exalted smites.

droid327

Personally I’d be more concerned with the loss of 95 melee power (and 3% damage aura) from pally T5s and Core 6 (assuming you manage to find your favored Falchion unicorn). I’m far too lazy to do the math on whether that’s worth +1 crit multi, with the falchion’s wide rage it might be. And you need to factor the DLords extra CC stuff which is harder to quantify.

20 Welf Pal with a Falchion @ 250 base MP: 14-20x3=1.7 crit profile * 4.45 MP (250 MP + 95 MP) = 7.57 * 1.03 = 7.79 total mod

20 Welf without Ascendancy stacks: 1.7 * 3.5 = 5.95 * 1.03 = 6.13

15/5 @ 250 base MP: 14-20x4 = 2.05 * 3.55 (5 MP from Rav) = 7.28

So Dlord is slightly behind if you can keep a full 25 stacks of Ascendancy. But if you cant, then its significantly ahead. If you can get your base MP higher than 250, then it favors Dlord more.

Also if you're using Adrenaline (and you will be) then the extra +1 mult gives you +33% damage on Adrenaline attacks. Assuming Adrenaline counts for ~20% of your total DPS output (those big crits are monstrous), that's an extra +6.6% to your DPS, and 7.28 * 1.066 = 7.76, which brings it pretty much even with 20 Pal Welf with full stacks, while being non-situational.

Also, its ahead of Gsword Paladin no matter what (16-20x3=1.5 * 4.45 * 1.03=6.87)

Also also, the bonus feats (including potentially the Human feat, since you arent locked into Welf) let you take WWA, which is another good rotational attack...2 strikes at 20% damage is useful even against single targets, so that's another boost to your total DPS

Holy retribution IKs are nice while leveling but drop off in usefulness pretty fast at higher levels. Thinning mobs packs slightly is nice, but in my opinion at cap it’s mostly for regenerating exalted smites.

Yeah thats my experience too, even with Sunder pumped way up with gear and trance, you dont see it simply wipe entire packs. Its just a nice +40% damage AOE and helps stack Vuln a little faster.

nenetteblackmoor

20 Welf Pal with a Falchion @ 250 base MP: 14-20x3=1.7 crit profile * 4.45 MP (250 MP + 95 MP) = 7.57 * 1.03 = 7.79 total mod

20 Welf without Ascendancy stacks: 1.7 * 3.5 = 5.95 * 1.03 = 6.13

15/5 @ 250 base MP: 14-20x4 = 2.05 * 3.55 (5 MP from Rav) = 7.28

So Dlord is slightly behind if you can keep a full 25 stacks of Ascendancy. But if you cant, then its significantly ahead. If you can get your base MP higher than 250, then it favors Dlord more.

Also if you're using Adrenaline (and you will be) then the extra +1 mult gives you +33% damage on Adrenaline attacks. Assuming Adrenaline counts for ~20% of your total DPS output (those big crits are monstrous), that's an extra +6.6% to your DPS, and 7.28 * 1.066 = 7.76, which brings it pretty much even with 20 Pal Welf with full stacks, while being non-situational.

Also, its ahead of Gsword Paladin no matter what (16-20x3=1.5 * 4.45 * 1.03=6.87)

Also also, the bonus feats (including potentially the Human feat, since you arent locked into Welf) let you take WWA, which is another good rotational attack...2 strikes at 20% damage is useful even against single targets, so that's another boost to your total DPS

Yeah thats my experience too, even with Sunder pumped way up with gear and trance, you dont see it simply wipe entire packs. Its just a nice +40% damage AOE and helps stack Vuln a little faster.

Thank you, the more I hear about it, the more my heart is moved!
I'm almost about 95.2% determined to reincarnate as a WoodElf+DLord.

I think the breakdown of this 4.45 MP (250 MP + 95 MP) is Prowess 50 + Sanctified Fervor 25, but I wonder what the rest is?

Last edited: