Bards, buffs and healing over time

bdcable

Noticed some things that seemed out of sorts and maybe it's always been the case.

• Bards can't buff each other with Bardic Inspiration. If my friend with bard levels buffs me with Bardic Inspiration and I in turn buff him with Bardic Inspiration, I lose the Bardic Inspiration cast on me by him and if he buffs me again with Bardic Inspiration, he loses the buffs on him that I cast. Has this always been the case?
  • If you have the Sustaining song cast on you, you can't be healed with lesser vigor or vigor. Has this always been the case?
Trying to figure out what else will not work with the sustaining song so that we don't waste time putting useless things in our builds.

seph1roth5

I think it just takes the highest stuff. So if he has more warchanter and you more spellsinger, it SHOULD take the best of both?

Bjond

IIRC, the longest initial duration wins, not the strongest in terms of spell-power for sustaining or skill/damage for inspiration. I last tested this 5? years ago, though (right after the big ballad change) -- memory might be fuzzy, game changed since, etc.. If I think it's important (eg. no other healer), I'll let other bards know my devotion value so we can get the strongest one on the group.

It does help to buff other bards in reaper so he gets a full-value sustaining song instead of one with healing reduced.

Chacka

Yes afaik, both were always this way after they changed the bard songs to the current state.

bdcable

IIRC, the longest initial duration wins, not the strongest in terms of spell-power for sustaining or skill/damage for inspiration. I last tested this 5? years ago, though (right after the big ballad change) -- memory might be fuzzy, game changed since, etc.. If I think it's important (eg. no other healer), I'll let other bards know my devotion value so we can get the strongest one on the group.

It does help to buff other bards in reaper so he gets a full-value sustaining song instead of one with healing reduced.
Exactly what I'm trying to say, If I use my sustaining song on him, his disappears off of me. If he tries to rebuff me with sustaining song, he loses the sustaining song I cast on him. We can't buff each other because one loses the buff and is stuck with the reduced value healing because they have to buff themself.

It's like this, imagine if I cast GH on you and then you cast GH on me. After you cast GH on me you lose the GH I cast on you, if I cast GH on you again, I would lose the GH cast on me.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
There's only ONE correct way to play, and that's with ONE bard in the party. Why else would the Devs design it this way?

Can't do multi person songs, gotta be one at a time.
Can't get half the stuff to work with another bard, whether it's from class stuff or epic destiny, etc.

This *IS* the way they designed it. If it was supposed to be different, then they WOULD HAVE MADE IT different.

One bard per party. A decidedly rigid lack of imagination. They can't just make a framework, and let it/us/the game grow and flourish. No, everything must be defined and planned and locked in.

Bjond

ONE correct way to play, and that's with ONE bard in the party
So, uh, next patch the first bard to inspire will instantly kill the other bard. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

BTW, when that happens I want a victory animation where mine holds the other bard's head in the air while righteous heavy rock plays.

Hmm, I am (or was) pretty sure bards can inspire on each other. My current songbard is a zoneline bot, though. I don't watch it afterwards or much care if it's still getting sustaining ticks from any cross-barding going on. I'll pay more attention next time.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
There's only ONE correct way to play, and that's with ONE bard in the party. Why else would the Devs design it this way?

Can't do multi person songs, gotta be one at a time.
Can't get half the stuff to work with another bard, whether it's from class stuff or epic destiny, etc.

This *IS* the way they designed it. If it was supposed to be different, then they WOULD HAVE MADE IT different.

One bard per party. A decidedly rigid lack of imagination. They can't just make a framework, and let it/us/the game grow and flourish. No, everything must be defined and planned and locked in.
For raids you want two, one being warchanter tier5

bdcable

I wonder if three bards would work? I buff 2nd bard, 2nd bard buffs third bard, third bard buffs me. Would all retain sustaining song?

bdcable

Three bards work. This makes no sense. I buffed my alt, my alt buffed my friend, my friend buffed me. All retain everything from the bardic inspiration to include sustaining song. Please fix so that two bards can buff each other!

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Three bards work. This makes no sense. I buffed my alt, my alt buffed my friend, my friend buffed me. All retain everything from the bardic inspiration to include sustaining song. Please fix so that two bards can buff each other!
In honor of the Three Bards in Polish literature. maybe? :p

Ostwind-Cannith

having 2 bards is nice because then it takes half as long to buff the party. its a snoozefest while one bard has to target and buff each person. this is a dumb mechanic too. let us buff the whole group with one click.