Blanket nerfs

SpartanKiller13

Quick clarification, sorry to jump in - this is actually what we're aiming to do. From the notes in the preview 1 thread, the caster Epic Strikes Gloom Spear, Nightmare Lance, Moon Lance, Flame Pillar, Sun Pillar, Storm Catcher, Galvanic Blast, Sonic Blast, and Spring to Summer all received boosts to their damage in the form of better damage dice or a reduced cooldown. If you don't think our adjustments to those Epic Strikes went far enough, that's great feedback, and we appreciate you letting us know that you still think there's work to be done on that front! :)

For more information on what's changing, please feel free to take a look at the Preview 1 Lamannia notes!
Perhaps Flame/Sun Pillar/Storm Catcher could use a bit more love? Single-target and mediocre damage? It just feels like a hard sell to want to use them. Or maybe some other effect? Gloomspear/Nightmare Lance seem like they'll be pretty fun with the 0 SR part.

Idk, trying to make it a fair choice between epic strikes,

Reactions: DBZ

Lazuli

Before the stat squish Legendary gear was amazing and Legendary since then

+1 just does not excite and with the reaper frag system your better off maximizing gear scores then upgrading new gear
I honestly prefer that there are not large increases in power in the gear, that is difficult to keep balanced over time.

What I don't like about the current gear design are two things. The first is that it has become a Gear Tetris nightmare. Maybe there are people who enjoy spending hours thinking about how all the stats fit together, but I don't. I only want play.

The sets have added extra complexity to this Tetris, and since we cannot add sets to other items (real sets, not the augments ones that barely give a 1/3 benefit for three augments), things promise to be more and more complex with each update. Furthermore, changing one item for another is impossible in many cases, you have to move all the gear to change it.

The second thing I don't like is that the design is focused with many preferences on some classes than others. This looks especially clear in the case of casters, when you see that the whole design benefits classes that only need one or two offensive spellpowers and have bypass, but it happens with other classes/styles too.

Ellisaria

I agree, which is why I didn't ask anyone to leave. But the endless 'threats(?)' are kind of obnoxious. SSG is going to look at their metrics to make decisions (whatever those metrics are) and I'm fairly certain they aren't going to make decisions based on 3-5 serial complainers threatening to leave.

It's OK to leave a game for another, or to take an extended break. That's perfectly fine. But you don't have to let us all know about it.

Based on what I've read in these threads, it doesn't sound like the big complainers are big spenders either, I've seen a lot of "this is why I stopped spending money 5 years ago". Well, if you aren't spending money, why in the world would SSG care what you think 🤣🤣
what's one more, why not? the bandwagoners on this one are already there

Sheikra

I am a VIP and I buy the top tier of all the xpacks, and I maintain my nephew's account.

When I was happy with the direction of the game, I spent a lot more than that because I wanted to help the game. Now, it's possible to cut all of this too. We will see the second iteration of lammania.

SSG should care about all these non-spending customers, because if they were happy, they would be investing in their game. I think your business acumen is lacking a bit. Hint: alienating customers or encouraging them to spend less is not good for a business.

If you don't like reading about this, don't enter a topic dedicated to this. You're really complaining more than us.
Fair enough, sorry that I insuated that you don't support the game financially.

popejubal

Dear, if instead of saying that other people's posts are useless, you would think about the usefulness of yours, we would all benefit.

Stop harassing other players. I haven't done anything to you. If you don't want to read me, use the ignore button. The next time you continue harassing me, I will ignore you.
Do it now.

Even though there’s an impulse to reply to encourage the devs to make the game better, it isn’t worth the cost to your mental health and SSG has made it clear that they’re fine with toxic posts as long as their toxic posts that are supporting SSG decisions.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

Do it now.

Even though there’s an impulse to reply to encourage the devs to make the game better, it isn’t worth the cost to your mental health and SSG has made it clear that they’re fine with toxic posts as long as their toxic posts that are supporting SSG decisions.

yah dunno what that other guy wrote but the response here as well as in others indicate he's Not self-aware (aka Ignorant) that he is himself the very thing he complains about and write voluminous posts on

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

or that guy writes most amount posts during the time moderator(s) are off of work, knowing they won't get looked at until the work week starts

when working at Facebook/Instagram/Oculus we used to wonder how come most/all the attacks seemed to start coming in starting Friday night through the weekend, then realized yah of course, bcuz that's when there's reduced amount of staff and eyes on to act/react and they can inflict maximum amount of pain/damage before getting stopped....
...behaviour is just like that

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

sounds good... (y)u will respond with Promise of your Future wallet

some of us just Actually responded with our current wallet by re-upping VIP sub and buying DDOpts packages , and previously the highest tiers of both Patron Coffer Offers

Reactions: DBZ

Shear-buckler

Dear, if instead of saying that other people's posts are useless, you would think about the usefulness of yours, we would all benefit.

Stop harassing other players. I haven't done anything to you. If you don't want to read me, use the ignore button. The next time you continue harassing me, I will ignore you.

It's not harassment to challenge your claim that the development the last 7 years is characterized by nerfs. You are posting dozens of posts and making demands under that premise. It's more than fair to poke holes in it.

Last edited:

seph1roth5

What if some of these single target strikes were finagled to be aoe but not giant blast? A line or a spray or something, chain? Burst? Anything but single target lol.

Lazuli

Not all casters are A tier, Albertjr. That's the point of the topic, blanket nerfs that indiscriminately affect those who are golden and those who are not. And guess who always suffers the most. Hint: not the golden ones.

Another nerf following the big magic nerf on high reaper is unnecessary as well. Melees dominate now, why harm the casters more.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

Aug 28, 2013, 6:37 AM PDT
It's official: We made "derp" happen. Today, Oxford Dictionaries announced that "derp" has been added to their online edition.

According to Oxford, derp is a mass noun meaning "foolishness or stupidity" or an exclamation "used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action." Herp derp is also an acceptable form for the latter meaning.

It's not quite the Bayesian probability-based definition we like—all derp is stupid, but only a specific kind of stupidity is derp—but we'll take it. Maybe in the next edition, Oxford will clean up the definition a little bit and also add the adjectival form, derpy.

This article has been updated to reflect the fact that "derp" has been added to the Oxford Dictionaries Online. It has not been added to Oxford's flagship volume, the Oxford English Dictionary. Not yet, anyway.

albertjr

Not all casters are A tier, Albertjr. That's the point of the topic, blanket nerfs that indiscriminately affect those who are golden and those who are not. And guess who always suffers the most. Hint: not the golden ones.

Another nerf following the big magic nerf on high reaper is unnecessary as well. Melees dominate now, why harm the casters more.
try adjusting you build/play style. also stop the melee is better garbage. as someone that plays almost exclusively as melee build the ones that are good are usually players that are far better at the game than i am. i would recommend you stop relying on meta builds if you dont like the nerfs. most games virtual and physical that have pieces being added will purposely chang the meta with nerfs and buffs. be glad it is not hundereds if not thousands of dollars lost to price drops.

Lazuli

try adjusting you build/play style. also stop the melee is better garbage. as someone that plays almost exclusively as melee build the ones that are good are usually players that are far better at the game than i am. i would recommend you stop relying on meta builds if you dont like the nerfs. most games virtual and physical that have pieces being added will purposely chang the meta with nerfs and buffs. be glad it is not hundereds if not thousands of dollars lost to price drops.
Why do I have to change my wizard? With that advice, you change your melees. There are now exceptional melees. Change your build to those exceptional melees. Wait, don't you want to? Look, neither do we.

Don't want a nerf to melees because your builds don't excel? Be more understanding, that happens to us.

Let's see if you find out: this nerf does not only affect the "meta" builds.

albertjr

Why do I have to change my wizard? With that advice, you change your melees. There are now exceptional melees. Change your build to those exceptional melees. Wait, don't you want to? Look, neither do we.
if the game changes so a build i like is not viable, i change it. that is what i recommended. maybe my English is not good enough???