Blanket nerfs

Phaaze

But you devs have also said in the stream that his MCL is now 20. Dragon Breath's upgraded damage 1d6+10 MCL 20 is not competitive.

It should be at least the same damage as Acid well (AoE, 1d6+18, MCL 20), and ideally a little more. That's what we're complaining about, Tonquin, the damage is very low, it doesn't reach that of a level 9 spell.

An epic spell, and even more so a strike that shares cooldown with the rest of the strikes, should have at least the same damage to a level 9 spell. And actually a little higher because it is *epic*
The part everyone seems to be missing is although yes epic should deal more than heroic, acid well and some other 9th level spells are silly with how much damage they deal. Nothing else in the game comes close. Shortly after they released those they lowered spell damage in high reaper by a lot.

Honestly acid well, meteor, tsunami, iceburg and thunderstroke need to be brought way down to like 1d6+9/lvl for single target and less for aoe. Then they can remove the extra spell penalty on high reaper.

You can't honestly look at those spells compared to every other spell and think "Thats balanced".

Last edited:

popejubal

if you beleive that the endgame is gear someone lied to you
Endgame for some people is eternal TRing. Endgame for some other people is Reaper points. Endgame for some is high R raids.

…but there’s a group of people who already have all of the Reaper points possible and who have every past life and who already have done the high R raids. So the ultimate endgame - the one thing that no one has finished yet - is gear. Getting the base gear is easy, but there’s still a very long road to getting all of your desired gear with Mythic + Reaper bonuses and the “right” curses for your build.

Base gear isn’t the final endgame but fully enhanced gear with all the bells and whistles is the only grind left for some players. And when there’s only one grind left for the very most active players, that grind is the endgame by definition.

Similarly, the real PvP in DDO is the ASAH and the forums. Not even kidding.

Lazuli

The part everyone seems to be missing is although yes epic should deal more than heroic, acid well and some other 9th level spells are silly with how much damage they deal. Nothing else in the game comes close. Shortly aftet they released those they lowered spell damage in high reaper by a lot.

Honestly acid well, meteor, iceburg and thunderstroke need to be brought way down to like 1d6+9/lvl for single target and less for aoe. Then they can remove the extra spell penalty on high reaper.

You can't honestly look at those 4 spells compared to every other spell and think "Thats balanced".
I don't agree, melees are doing much more damage these days. What a mania for wanting to nerf magic.

If they nerf lv 9 spells. it is to abandon all the casters and the game .

Shear-buckler

I don't agree, melees are doing much more damage these days. What a mania for wanting to nerf magic.

I think the idea is nerf the lvl 9 spells and remove the added penalty in high reaper. Too bad for the players outside high reaper.

Reactions: DBZ

Lazuli

I think the idea is nerf the lvl 9 spells and remove the added penalty in high reaper. Too bad for the players outside high reaper.
You can't center everything around high reaper. Level 9 spells are not unbalanced with respect to the hp of epic or legendary mobs.

The high dps of the three quintessential nuker classes is due to a lot of bonus stacking. There are classes that share the same level 9 spells and their dps is very far from these classes.

Phaaze

You can get 9th level spells at 17.

You think melees at 17 are "doing much more damage these days"?

Unless you mean at high end play in which case I am arguing to nerf a handful of spells and then give spells over all a 50% increase in damage on r10 as currently players deal 15.6% - Spells 10.6%

Reactions: DBZ

Lazuli

You can get 9th level spells at 17.

You think melees at 17 are "doing much more damage these days"?

Unless you mean at high end play in which case I am arguing to nerf a handful of spells and then give spells over all a 50% increase in damage on r10 as currently players deal 15.6% - Spells 10.6%
Yes, and at level 17 there is already a nice bump in hps, especially in the new content.

And it is a fact that currently melee dps is in an outstanding situation.

There are people who just want to nerf the playstyles they don't play. You should be ashamed.

DBZ

Diplomacy is about acceptable compromise no solutions are ever perfect looking at it looks acceptable

And the feather and the stick all we're getting is the stick now if they gave us the feather too that would help

If they said we will reduce the reaper fragment crafting system to 50 frags period going forward that would be incentive

Phaaze

There are people who just want to nerf the playstyles they don't play. You should be ashamed.

giphy.gif

albertjr

it feels Like im talking to a wall at times most people are rotating the Point being was if a change makes u want to swap your class and not because the class isnt uber broken anymore (druid shifter Before Warrior core 5 Nerf) but because it feels useless and your "fix" is Playing artificer instead of warlock that means the nerf was a bad idea....
hum, no. With macrotechnic and the rune-arm pass artificer is able to carry me further into reaper questing when i solo or am in a party. it gives a stun on the healing skill, and better armor class with the buffed epic mage armor, better damage because rune-arm charge tier, better hp as rm is better overall than es, and is better at both healing self and party. i am looking forward to getting something to improve warlock, as the only thing to happen in the last few updates was the change to blast dmg scaling which is not relevant to my preferred play style. to go back i would like a universal undead tree that leans on being more defensive, a way to bypass enemy immunities to pact damage and/or a improvement to the spell quality of abyss pact spells.

popejubal

If you believe that, you haven’t been paying attention to the DDO forums. “I can’t kill enough on my melee so I want casters to be nerfed” has been a constant theme for well over a decade. Whether the current top tier “meta” builds are casters or melee or pew pew. “Nerf casters because my melee doesn’t lead the kill count” has been a constant refrain.

Aelonwy

Phaaze

I understand your sentiment but you may want to remove the image. I've gotten in trouble for using that particular gif even without linking it to any particular post. Just the guy waiving a finger is apparently enough to make some people feel singled out. I'm not necessarily saying you are offending anyone in particular at this moment, only that that particular gif has been disallowed in my experience.

I dont Like gimps

hum, no. With macrotechnic and the rune-arm pass artificer is able to carry me further into reaper questing when i solo or am in a party. it gives a stun on the healing skill, and better armor class with the buffed epic mage armor, better damage because rune-arm charge tier, better hp as rm is better overall than es, and is better at both healing self and party. i am looking forward to getting something to improve warlock, as the only thing to happen in the last few updates was the change to blast dmg scaling which is not relevant to my preferred play style. to go back i would like a universal undead tree that leans on being more defensive, a way to bypass enemy immunities to pact damage and/or a improvement to the spell quality of abyss pact spells.
Okay umm I wasnt aware you are also a tanklock enjoyer I didnt really consider this lul if i wanted to solo anything above r1 in under 2 Hours I too would change from tanklock to something else :D

popejubal

Okay umm I wasnt aware you are also a tanklock enjoyer I didnt really consider this lul if i wanted to solo anything above r1 in under 2 Hours I too would change from tanklock to something else :D
Some people think that flower sniffing is the opposite of zerging. But really the opposite of zerging is sandwichlock. (For people who don’t know - Aura warlock tank where you get up to make a sandwich during the boss fight and come back 20 minutes later to a dead boss and full HP)

I dont Like gimps

Some people think that flower sniffing is the opposite of zerging. But really the opposite of zerging is sandwichlock. (For people who don’t know - Aura warlock tank where you get up to make a sandwich during the boss fight and come back 20 minutes later to a dead boss and full HP)
I still Love to read voodus guide on it and part of rotation steps being "sipping coffee"

owl

Heads up, this ability was changed early in the preview cycle! Check out this post in the Lamannia thread for more information. If you'd like to keep up to date with further developments, the Staff Tracker automatically organizes all developer posts for easy perusal. Thank you!

As someone who won't read through 71 pages of comments or even keep up on all the staff tracker comments, I wish I could view just a single page that incorporated all the information including updates - ideally the original post. For example nowhere do I see any changes to caster level, but from everything I am hearing that is a major part of this change - so it seems dragon breath damage is being lowered significantly from caster level changes on top of damage reduction. As I said, I am a bit lost and not up for trying to piece it all together trying to follow the changes in staff tracker. I always thought caster level was supposed to equal character level for epic abilities so that class mix didn't matter - at least that is what was communicated when the EDs were redesigned a few years back.

If not doesn't that mean as we move to 40 damage isn't going to scale properly? I am not sure why you are changing something that seemed like a good design that would scale with level cap changes.

I guess I'll just wait for preview 2.