Buff Bar Enhancements please!

Nickodeamous

Hi there,

I don't know about you all, but I find it very hard to tell when my self buffs/boosts are active and when they are not. First off, the buff bar is way up at the top left of the screen, which is hard to read in the first place. I usually have a few self buffs that time out in various stages of time increments, but they become mixed in with all the other longer term buffs. I have my ship buffs consolidated into 1 icon. But I still have trouble knowing when my 1 min, 2 min, etc self buffs/boosts wear off. (this is more for short term boosts and buffs than it is for spells that last 15-20 mins/etc.)

Here are some suggestions:
  1. Make the buff bar moveable and separate (like the the hotbars) with different lines for self buffs/boosts, party buffs, and ship buffs. This way, if I want to put my self buff bar right under or over my toon, I can see everything that's going on to better manage my timers. Of course, have an option to keep as-is for those that don't want this feature.
  2. I usually barely see when self buffs wear off. It's usually a quick message, which is hard to see. Maybe a warning of some sort, like, you see this starting 2-3 seconds before it wears off.
  3. maybe highlight the icon in some other color when the short term buffs are active?

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'm sure there are other things ssg could be doing with there time. I see this as a QOL enhancement.

Thoughts?
Nic

Last edited:

Zokathra

I'd like to be able to have "permanent" buffs on one line, such as granted by equipment or enhancement tree abilities, and timed buffs (such as spells and guild airship buffs) on another line.

And keep de-buffs on their own separate line, too.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Just add a toggle option to each buffs so you could personalise your own buffbar. You could decide (turn it on/off) which buff Icon you wanna see.
For short term buffs like KTA the cooldown should be equal to the duration of the buff. U can set the CD visible on your icon. 2 birds with one stone.

droid327

I'd like to be able to have "permanent" buffs on one line, such as granted by equipment or enhancement tree abilities, and timed buffs (such as spells and guild airship buffs) on another line.

You can at least toggle permanent buffs from showing in your UI options

Also, just to be thorough, you can combine all your airship buffs into a single icon

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
When you turn off buffs you cant see temp ones. Have to check weapon for deadly or examine your character.

Altra

The buff bar also gets cut off somewhere around the top middle also. 😖

You can at least toggle permanent buffs from showing in your UI options

Also, just to be thorough, you can combine all your airship buffs into a single icon
The problem I have with it being cut off in the middle is with guild buffs condensed to one.
<Edit for clarity> With guild buffs toggled to single, it still cuts off.

Ellisaria

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement in this game, but I'd love it if buffs were organized by remaining duration. That would give one consistent section of the buff bar to look at to see what needs to be recast soon and you wouldn't have to look past a certain point to see if your short buffs (Trances, Displace, Hot/Cold Shield, etc.) were going to fall soon.

Nickodeamous

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement in this game, but I'd love it if buffs were organized by remaining duration. That would give one consistent section of the buff bar to look at to see what needs to be recast soon and you wouldn't have to look past a certain point to see if your short buffs (Trances, Displace, Hot/Cold Shield, etc.) were going to fall soon.
yes! this would be great! I would like the ability to have a bar for short term buffs that I can place directly under my toon. So, anything like a trance/boost/2 mins or less would be visible to me at all times. Think about it. If you are a player that uses a trance, it last 2 mins. then it really doesn't tell you super visibly that this is over.

2 things happen with this. I either hit the trance too early and waste it, or I forget about it cause it's not visible, thus giving up valuable DCs and damage, etc.

So, I think adding this as a moveable bar or customizable bar would be great! Or even if you would add a counter to actual hotkey that gives you how long you have. then I could add another hotbar and have these all listed.

TedSandyman

Hi there,

I don't know about you all, but I find it very hard to tell when my self buffs/boosts are active and when they are not. First off, the buff bar is way up at the top left of the screen, which is hard to read in the first place. I usually have a few self buffs that time out in various stages of time increments, but they become mixed in with all the other longer term buffs. I have my ship buffs consolidated into 1 icon. But I still have trouble knowing when my 1 min, 2 min, etc self buffs/boosts wear off. (this is more for short term boosts and buffs than it is for spells that last 15-20 mins/etc.)

Here are some suggestions:
  1. Make the buff bar moveable and separate (like the the hotbars) with different lines for self buffs/boosts, party buffs, and ship buffs. This way, if I want to put my self buff bar right under or over my toon, I can see everything that's going on to better manage my timers. Of course, have an option to keep as-is for those that don't want this feature.
  2. I usually barely see when self buffs wear off. It's usually a quick message, which is hard to see. Maybe a warning of some sort, like, you see this starting 2-3 seconds before it wears off.
  3. maybe highlight the icon in some other color when the short term buffs are active?

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'm sure there are other things ssg could be doing with there time. I see this as a QOL enhancement.

Thoughts?
Nic
If you press F1 and select the gears near your picture and select Examine you can see the buffs that are affecting you. Mine shows all of them, but I don't know have too many. If there are a lot they may get cut off. I seem to remember there being a slider with all of the effects, but I could be mistaken. You can see a lot more than the bar at the top.

Nickodeamous

If you press F1 and select the gears near your picture and select Examine you can see the buffs that are affecting you. Mine shows all of them, but I don't know have too many. If there are a lot they may get cut off. I seem to remember there being a slider with all of the effects, but I could be mistaken. You can see a lot more than the bar at the top.
Yeah, the only issue is I have like 45 buffs showing here (seems to show all ship buffs separately in this window. Also, I noticed if I hit a boost, it puts it within these buffs. I'm really trying to isolated the boosts/short term buffs. thanks though!