Can multiple Imbue filigrees stack (several questions)?

Blunt Hackett

So first, can I put more than one imbue filigrees in a sentient weapon? Will the imbue dice stack in this case?

Can I put an imbue dice filigree in a sentient weapon and then do one in a minor artifact and have those stack?

Ellisaria

My understanding is that you can't put two of the same kind in the weapon (two snowpeaks imbue dice filigree for example) but you can put one in the weapon and one in an artifact for 1 +1 =2 imbue dice. A three-piece longshadow will also give you another 2 that would stack with the others.

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
My understanding is that across all your gear, having a 2 of the same filigree will not stack the bonus (rares being treated the same as non-rare). However having 2 filigree with the same bonus but from different sets will allow the bonuses to stack.

ex. if I have [Snake Bite +1 CON] and [Heshen Mystic +1 CON], you will have a total of +2 CON
ex. if you have [Snake Bite +1 CON] and [Snake Bite +1 CON] in a weapon and artifact respectively, you only get +1 CON

Mickeymouse

My understanding is that across all your gear, having a 2 of the same filigree will not stack the bonus (rares being treated the same as non-rare). However having 2 filigree with the same bonus but from different sets will allow the bonuses to stack.

ex. if I have [Snake Bite +1 CON] and [Heshen Mystic +1 CON], you will have a total of +2 CON
ex. if you have [Snake Bite +1 CON] and [Snake Bite +1 CON] in a weapon and artifact respectively, you only get +1 CON
wrong. 2 filigrees of the same name won´t stack, or even be applied into the same item.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
wrong. 2 filigrees of the same name won´t stack, or even be applied into the same item.
This is what LeoLionxxx was saying, more or less. You can still have two of the same filigree, if one's on a weapon and another's on an artifact, but the effects won't stack.

With this one exception, all bonuses from filigrees, Rare versions, and set bonuses fully stack with each other.
So first, can I put more than one imbue filigrees in a sentient weapon? Will the imbue dice stack in this case?
In response to this case specifically, since only one filigree (from the Snowpeaks set) currently grants Imbue Dice, you can't gain more than one bonus Imbue Dice directly from filigrees. You can, however, get a few more from a number of the filigree set bonuses (The Beast's Mantle, Electrocution, Frozen Wanderer, The Long Shadow, Snake Bite, The Wreath of Flame and Reverberation all grant either +1 or +2 Imbue dice somewhere along their set bonus track.)

Mickeymouse

That example is correct. You could have Snake Bite: Constitution in your weapon and your minor artifact at the same time, and it would provide +1 CON. That's the case Leo was referring to, not having two copies in the same item.
Is that something specific to snakebite? I got 2xstr dread (wpn, arti) and they stack.

popejubal

You cannot put 2 filigrees of the same name in the same item, but 2 filigrees of the same name can absolutely go 1 into weapon and 1 into artifact and they absolutely do stack. This is confirmed and not just “my understanding is.”

Reactions: DBZ

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
You cannot put 2 filigrees of the same name in the same item, but 2 filigrees of the same name can absolutely go 1 into weapon and 1 into artifact and they absolutely do stack. This is confirmed and not just “my understanding is.”
Excellent, thank you. (On rereading it the wiki page on Filigrees was missing a lot of fairly important information, so I've overhauled it somewhat.)

As it turns out it was probably a good thing I missed Ellisaria's entirely correct answer, because otherwise I would have just closed this thread again and the wiki page would have remained wrong.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
No offense, but the OP was asking about stacking Imbue Dice from filigrees, not stacking stat bonuses.

Maybe that answer was subsumed into the stat bonuses discussion, but if it wasn't, can you please get back to the Imbue Dice subject question?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Multiple sources of imbue dice via filigrees all stack as they're untyped bonuses.
So for example, you could have in your weapon:
Snowpeak's Gifts: Imbue Dice +1 imbue die
Electrocution 3 Pieces: +2 Imbue Dice
Reverberation 2 Pieces: +2 Imbue Dice
For 5 imbue dice total.

Matuse

Excellent, thank you. (On rereading it the wiki page on Filigrees was missing a lot of fairly important information, so I've overhauled it somewhat.)

As it turns out it was probably a good thing I missed Ellisaria's entirely correct answer, because otherwise I would have just closed this thread again and the wiki page would have remained wrong.
The wiki does mention that weapon + artifact with the same filigree will stack, and it also mentions that this is a bug and that the devs have stated that it will be fixed. Of course, the post where they said that is from June of 2021, so who knows if they even plan on still doing it.

The filigree stacking is covered in the Minor Artifact page ( https://ddowiki.com/page/Minor_Artifact ) and not in the main filigree page.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
The wiki does mention that weapon + artifact with the same filigree will stack, and it also mentions that this is a bug and that the devs have stated that it will be fixed. Of course, the post where they said that is from June of 2021, so who knows if they even plan on still doing it.

The filigree stacking is covered in the Minor Artifact page ( https://ddowiki.com/page/Minor_Artifact ) and not in the main filigree page.
it would be a big hurt to the usefulness of filigrees, hopefully they decided not to try to fix it. Every single player I know prefers it the way it is and I would go as far as to say they'd even prefer repeat filigrees to stack over the current function.
edit: raid filigrees repeating in the same item and stacking would be OP, though.

Fauxknight

Yes, currently you can use the same filigree twice if it's split between weapon and artifact. This isn't supposed to work, but it does. I believe there are occasional issues with sets not working right split, but that's a separate issue.

Raid filigrees are extremely strong doubled up like this, since you're also double filling set bonuses. I'd have to double check, but I also believe raid filigrees do stack with the same type non raid filigrees from the same set.

DarthBUNBUN

On the topic of filigree's, I had thought that everything always stacks, as long as you can slot it. Turn's out, this isn't true. +10 universal spell power from a set bonus will not stack with +10 universal spell power from a different set bonus. +10 USP will stack with +20 USP, or +30 USP. But +20 USP will not stack with +20 USP from another set bonus. This is what I've noticed after having to do the math after things were not adding up. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has found anything filigree related that doesn't stack.