Can we get some better odds than 1 Sharn rare filigree per year?

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
There is a rumor that some of these filigrees either only drop on non reaper difficulty OR don't drop at all.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
There is a rumor that some of these filigrees either only drop on non reaper difficulty OR don't drop at all.
There are definitely some I've never seen as rare. Can't speak about non-reaper, since I don't think I've ever done sharn on non-reaper.

AbyssalMage

Can we get some better odds than 1 rare Sharn filigree per year?

Can I get a HELL YEAH?
Can you elaborate on which filigree(s) you are not seeing while running Legendary Sharn? Maybe my results are skewed because I ran it so frequently for the last year+ 🤷

Kyrr

Can you elaborate on which filigree(s) you are not seeing while running Legendary Sharn? Maybe my results are skewed because I ran it so frequently for the last year+ 🤷
Shattered Device. Those rares are like a needle in a haystack, about 10-15k shards on Argo lol

Sarandra

Ok then, count the number of RARE sharn filigrees (the ones that have (rare) after the name). I have 0, and I play a lot and have been for over 2 years.

I once looted one on HC servers and traded it for a filigree I needed. That's it. No others.

AbyssalMage

Ok then, count the number of RARE sharn filigrees (the ones that have (rare) after the name). I have 0, and I play a lot and have been for over 2 years.

I once looted one on HC servers and traded it for a filigree I needed. That's it. No others.
I have 2/3 of a colossal bag full of filigree's with the rare tag. Now I only have a handful of rare filigree's with the rare tag. That is why I asked.

Bjond

I run sharn once per life. This is the total of all shattered-device rares. Can't say difficulty or when, but I'd guess reaper unless they dropped in the raids. I've run the sharn raids weekly (non-reaper) since shortly after release.

Shattered-Devices.jpg

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Oh, boo hoo, Talk to me when you're faced with BUYing a Crystal Disc. for AS cause you don't wanna run the quest 6 times. Pfeh!

Kyrr

I run sharn once per life. This is the total of all shattered-device rares. Can't say difficulty or when, but I'd guess reaper unless they dropped in the raids. I've run the sharn raids weekly (non-reaper) since shortly after release.

Shattered-Devices.jpg

Right but throw in Saltmarsh or Ravenloft and I've got about 5 rares of each, but 1 Strength 2 Attack DMG 2 MP rares from Shattered Device. That shows they are ridiculously rare.

On an unrelated note, I think it's Zarigan's/Sharn Docks filis that have like 0 rares.

DBZ

Too many bags filled with rares had to buy a new one 100 bag this year n its filling fast too arg

saekee

long live ROGUE
I have not pulled a shattered device rare. So they drop more likely rare in non-reaper? Is that true? I have Sharn chests I ransack on R10 without a fight, have I been doing it wrong?

Sarandra

I have not pulled a shattered device rare. So they drop more likely rare in non-reaper? Is that true? I have Sharn chests I ransack on R10 without a fight, have I been doing it wrong?
No idea if it's true, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
There was a case where the Bravery Throughout Rares weren't dropping it was fixed then i think the fix got backed out. Also it wouldn't surprise me if the Reaper vs non reaper thing was true either.

Reactions: DBZ

Pomari

Posted this before in other threads complaining about the drop rates. I went to test farming for gen 2 filigrees from the Sharn series. After hundreds of R10 lootings of chests in Sharn, Cogs and Docks I found exactly 0 rare filigrees. Once I switched to elite I began pulling rare filigrees from those same chests in maybe 10 lootings. This drop rate issue seemed to have been briefly fixed a few updates ago only to be broken again by a patch. I can't remember which patch but as of fairly recently I have not seen any rares dropping on reaper difficulty in Sharn series.

For what it's worth from my testing I did find a rare Bravery Throughout and Shattered Device at the time I was farming. Also Shattered Device seems to have a lower drop rate in general making the rares even rarer by default. The overall rate of a filigree being rare was about 7% give or take from what I remember.

Bjond

Rare solution to the problem: permit people to convert regulars to rares at 10:1 or whatever the ratio "should" be. Ideally, just do it via click on the filigree itself rather than adding vendors all over the game; it's not as if the fillies are tagged with "sharn" or "isle" -- people wouldn't know which vendor to hit for conversion.

Lewticris

I run EE saga on ETR the rares drop on EE, they do not seem to drop in Reaper I just recently pulled Sanctified Fervor Melee Rare on Epic Elite
I seem to pull more Rares in Cogs Epic Elite from Thralls