Can we have Special Access cargo chest for plat?

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
Old cargo amenities was mostly deprecated due to new types of amenities (minus unbalanced elemental resist shrines - but those are long time gone).

But there is one quite attractive (to having in cargo) amenity available only for astral shard - Special Access Large Guild Chest 1 and 2 - but oh my 130/150 shards for a 30 day contract is way too much.

Can we have this available for plat please? Make it guild level requirement 120 or so, make it plat expensive, but it will save us-officers lot of time to go to new guild bank amenity each time we want to store something only for officers.

If not - can we have those astral prices lowered by a factor for those?

CherryBomb

I use the 2 cargo chests for long term storage. I only buy the contracts, for plat, when I want to make access. That is about once or twice a year. They are available for a period of time then go to sleep until needed again.

The Narc

Old cargo amenities was mostly deprecated due to new types of amenities (minus unbalanced elemental resist shrines - but those are long time gone).

But there is one quite attractive (to having in cargo) amenity available only for astral shard - Special Access Large Guild Chest 1 and 2 - but oh my 130/150 shards for a 30 day contract is way too much.

Can we have this available for plat please? Make it guild level requirement 120 or so, make it plat expensive, but it will save us-officers lot of time to go to new guild bank amenity each time we want to store something only for officers.

If not - can we have those astral prices lowered by a factor for those?
The resist shrines werent unbalanced, you can get the same energy resistance from house p buffs. The only reason the devs took these away was money farming, they wanted people(new players) to pay for energy resist augments in the store. What the removal of these did do was make rebuffing required for toons under level 12 in order to keep energy resists when in the presence of beholder antimagic debuff or dispelling casters(as the cargo hold buffs where not dispellable), pure greed at the expense of players being annoyed and remembering this change and having it forever impact how certain players(like myself) tightening up my wallet when it comes to spending money on the game.

This was part of the beginning of corporate losing the faith of many players (the IPS buff which was before that was another unnecessary change that was just annoying)

As for ship storage chests, what we need is a chest that is only guild leader access with 40 plus spots. A place where guild leader can display some unique stuff that guild members can look at and request for the guild leader to provide to them without those items being at risk of being gratuitously take by any officer.

The other thing that would be nice for guild chest would be a log that shows who took or placed items in or out of them, so that guild leaders can see if any member is greedily taking all the loot.

DBZ

A new raid with a drac soul augment would go along way to fixing the shrine removals

Or add a rune list for THE Truth

Sylvado

The resist shrines werent unbalanced, you can get the same energy resistance from house p buffs. The only reason the devs took these away was money farming, they wanted people(new players) to pay for energy resist augments in the store. What the removal of these did do was make rebuffing required for toons under level 12 in order to keep energy resists when in the presence of beholder antimagic debuff or dispelling casters(as the cargo hold buffs where not dispellable), pure greed at the expense of players being annoyed and remembering this change and having it forever impact how certain players(like myself) tightening up my wallet when it comes to spending money on the game.

This was part of the beginning of corporate losing the faith of many players (the IPS buff which was before that was another unnecessary change that was just annoying)

As for ship storage chests, what we need is a chest that is only guild leader access with 40 plus spots. A place where guild leader can display some unique stuff that guild members can look at and request for the guild leader to provide to them without those items being at risk of being gratuitously take by any officer.

The other thing that would be nice for guild chest would be a log that shows who took or placed items in or out of them, so that guild leaders can see if any member is greedily taking all the loot.
30 Resist starting at level 1 was unbalanced and not available anywhere else at those levels

The Narc

30 Resist starting at level 1 was unbalanced and not available anywhere else at those levels
That might be true, but the fact that the game is about the 100 plus past lives at the time that those were removed, all it did was increase the grind for new players and create more death for such new players that corporate hoped would translate into more rez cake purchase.

So my position in game due to this decision was to teach players the many ways to bit soend in the game. You want to slow early level game play then I in return am going to make such actions have there own retribution. An eye for an eye is a great motivator and they definitely motivated me with this change and of course the IPS change prior to that to make sure it cost them in the long run.

Early game play should not be where the grind is, end game play for slight power increases is exactly where the grind should be with pay to win being very costly for those that want the most uber power quicker.

DBZ

Nothing at all has slowed down though only hard core which is not happening this year

erethizon1

The biggest thing it did was make it so that it was no longer necessary to rebuff every hour or rebuff when you died. I did miss the elemental resists, but I am glad I no longer am running back to the airship to rebuff every hour.

Sylvado

That might be true, but the fact that the game is about the 100 plus past lives at the time that those were removed, all it did was increase the grind for new players and create more death for such new players that corporate hoped would translate into more rez cake purchase.

So my position in game due to this decision was to teach players the many ways to bit soend in the game. You want to slow early level game play then I in return am going to make such actions have there own retribution. An eye for an eye is a great motivator and they definitely motivated me with this change and of course the IPS change prior to that to make sure it cost them in the long run.

Early game play should not be where the grind is, end game play for slight power increases is exactly where the grind should be with pay to win being very costly for those that want the most uber power quicker.
People with 100 past lives didn't need it, they had the gear and PLs to go without it. I am trying Dragon Lord on R1, completionist but not many lives beyond that. I don't even bother with House P buffs and only level 68 guild buffs.

_fully_carroted_

The resist shrines werent unbalanced, you can get the same energy resistance from house p buffs.
No way dude, "30 to all resists at level 1" vs "20 to all resists after farming 75 house P favour" are not the same.

I loved having them because they were overpowered. I was sad to see them go - but a few wealthy retired people in my guild had stockpiled so many that we kept them for... 3 years? Roughly?

• Wow
Reactions: DBZ

The Narc

The biggest thing it did was make it so that it was no longer necessary to rebuff every hour or rebuff when you died. I did miss the elemental resists, but I am glad I no longer am running back to the airship to rebuff every hour.
No what you meant to say is that you are glad people in your groups arent running back to the ship to get them, because you always had the choice of not going to get them. What was stolen was the choice for the people that wanted them to go get them.

The best benefit of the energy resist shrines was like the ship buffs the cargo buffs could not be dispelled and werent affected by beholders. Which meant any of us customers of SSG/Turbine who decided to pay to have ships so that we had the intended powers that were on the ship and then had them stolen away from us(nerf).

These are the reason SSG has been losing the good faith of their customers. The IPS was one thing as it was free and nerfed, the cargo buffs were flat out profiteering with the intent of stealing back what they sold.

Again I will use the analogy:
What if you bought a car and one day the person who sold you the car just strolled onto your driveway and drove of with it with zero repercussions, denying you the use of that which you paid for.

I am pro DDO and also like some of the things that Torquin has been doing lately, but I have and will never stop holding them accountable for poor decisions.

The Narc

No way dude, "30 to all resists at level 1" vs "20 to all resists after farming 75 house P favour" are not the same.

I loved having them because they were overpowered. I was sad to see them go - but a few wealthy retired people in my guild had stockpiled so many that we kept them for... 3 years? Roughly?
Lol our main guild has six players with alts and we have over 15 years worth of these stacked. We havent used them in awhile because again vet player dont need these, its new players that again are getting the raw end of the stick, i take as many of these players as possible and help them avoid paying all the little grind costs that SSG tries to create by punishing them.

Retribution, old school eye for an eye.

Bring them back and remove the 20% damage penalty on IPS. (And anyone supporting this keep kiting, this is what they want you to stop doing!)

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
Afaik you can buy those chests for plat in cargo hold. That is what I do in my guild.

I am not talking about regular guild chest, but something called "Gold seal Special Access Large Guild Chest 1" and "2".
Please check your buy list at amenities vendor, you may find something you haven't heard of before :)

Reactions: DBZ

The Narc

People with 100 past lives didn't need it, they had the gear and PLs to go without it. I am trying Dragon Lord on R1, completionist but not many lives beyond that. I don't even bother with House P buffs and only level 68 guild buffs.
Wow you are awesome, i run permadeath naked rules toons(weapon slots only plus a deathblock belt and one other slot allowed) and do some quests on R3 and yes i dont need the elemental shrines and we arent allowed house p buffs or ship buffs.

But if you read the small print(I said new players), the players who lost out the most on this change are new players something we are short of, because SSG puts greed before need and tries to cash in on new players as soon as possible.

Sylvado

Wow you are awesome, i run permadeath naked rules toons(weapon slots only plus a deathblock belt and one other slot allowed) and do some quests on R3 and yes i dont need the elemental shrines and we arent allowed house p buffs or ship buffs.

But if you read the small print(I said new players), the players who lost out the most on this change are new players something we are short of, because SSG puts greed before need and tries to cash in on new players as soon as possible.
It made low level quests a walk through, even for new players. I solo everything and finally decided to try reaper and to play without a splash of arti or rogue. Just something for a change then time, it is easier than I expected I am wondering if trying it a couple of time in the past with a pocket cleric was not worth the scaling but I need to play more first, only level 13 right now.

The Narc

It made low level quests a walk through, even for new players. I solo everything and finally decided to try reaper and to play without a splash of arti or rogue. Just something for a change then time, it is easier than I expected I am wondering if trying it a couple of time in the past with a pocket cleric was not worth the scaling but I need to play more first, only level 13 right now.
Exactly my point why wouldnt you want new players to get a walk through on the low level quests to get i to the meat and bones of the game, you would rather the game be like a coconut/pineapple(hard to get to the core) vs a nice ripe apple which is very enticing to bite into.

And this is why we have zero infusion of new players into the game, make it fun for all levels of play, once they get good they can choose not to pick up the buffs if it makes the game not fun.

Again cordovan / torquin / ssg branding , you getting any of this!!

Sylvado

Exactly my point why wouldnt you want new players to get a walk through on the low level quests to get i to the meat and bones of the game, you would rather the game be like a coconut/pineapple(hard to get to the core) vs a nice ripe apple which is very enticing to bite into.

And this is why we have zero infusion of new players into the game, make it fun for all levels of play, once they get good they can choose not to pick up the buffs if it makes the game not fun.

Again cordovan / torquin / ssg branding , you getting any of this!!
Because that is where you are supposed to learn how to play. Allowing you to ignore elemental damage doesn't teach you anything.