Can we have Special Access cargo chest for plat?

The Narc

Because that is where you are supposed to learn how to play. Allowing you to ignore elemental damage doesn't teach you anything.
You are hilarious!!! Nice rationale but a huge fail!!

When it comes to new players learning the game when they have absolutely no game knowledge it is true those buffs would help to ignore almost everything that is in the level 2 and under. Once level 3 and champions come into play that would change for newbies, it would take only one properly specced caster champ to hand a new player his butt fairly quick, and traps will start to effectively do damage if the new player hasnt learned to move out of then quick enough.

But from your logic you believe their learning curve should be dying often and early. So using your logic i would love to hear your views on what percentage of new unskilled players trying out this game tough it out through that. I mean even the ones that do put an effort in arent staying long once they go on to the forums or some other info feed and see players talking about 150+ past lives to be good enough to run in groups while they grind out each and every low level quest for any slight bit of advancement.

You may be a great player, who knows, but as great as any of us are, if we dont realize having some retention of players that try the game out will keep the game going longer we will only shorten the life of the game.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
That might be true, but the fact that the game is about the 100 plus past lives at the time that those were removed, all it did was increase the grind for new players and create more death for such new players that corporate hoped would translate into more rez cake purchase.

So my position in game due to this decision was to teach players the many ways to bit soend in the game. You want to slow early level game play then I in return am going to make such actions have there own retribution. An eye for an eye is a great motivator and they definitely motivated me with this change and of course the IPS change prior to that to make sure it cost them in the long run.

Early game play should not be where the grind is, end game play for slight power increases is exactly where the grind should be with pay to win being very costly for those that want the most uber power quicker.

IIRC at the time when the whole question of the elemental resists in the cargo hold was around, it was just at the end of the first hardcore season. Feedback given said that it'd be a lot more harder without the elemental buffs in the cargo hold. I also remember Lynnabel stating that they had been intending to remove the resist buffs from around 2014 time, and that with the HC S1 feedback it seemed a good time to do it.

Reactions: DBZ

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
Old cargo amenities was mostly deprecated due to new types of amenities (minus unbalanced elemental resist shrines - but those are long time gone).

But there is one quite attractive (to having in cargo) amenity available only for astral shard - Special Access Large Guild Chest 1 and 2 - but oh my 130/150 shards for a 30 day contract is way too much.

Can we have this available for plat please? Make it guild level requirement 120 or so, make it plat expensive, but it will save us-officers lot of time to go to new guild bank amenity each time we want to store something only for officers.

If not - can we have those astral prices lowered by a factor for those?
I think it's one of those legacy things that has been left over, and should be switched over for plat usage. Could do it on a higher level of say x2 the large chest plat price, thus making them more of a plat sink.

The Narc

IIRC at the time when the whole question of the elemental resists in the cargo hold was around, it was just at the end of the first hardcore season. Feedback given said that it'd be a lot more harder without the elemental buffs in the cargo hold. I also remember Lynnabel stating that they had been intending to remove the resist buffs from around 2014 time, and that with the HC S1 feedback it seemed a good time to do it.
Now this is a true statement, but you must keep in mind what level you had to be as a guild level to get the 30 resist buffs, also what the devs didnt like wasnt the low level stuff it was the not being dispelled by beholders. Everyone I run with in hardcore has their house p buffs by level 5 at the latest so it is a mute point to not have th shrines.

These should be turned back on!

Col Kurtz

whatev about the elem shrines

>the airships(at least lvl100+) Guild storage SHOULD have a spot to place them in the Cargo Hold

would be a good quality of life improvement and may be an easy add on for dev's

erethizon1

No what you meant to say is that you are glad people in your groups arent running back to the ship to get them, because you always had the choice of not going to get them. What was stolen was the choice for the people that wanted them to go get them.

The best benefit of the energy resist shrines was like the ship buffs the cargo buffs could not be dispelled and werent affected by beholders. Which meant any of us customers of SSG/Turbine who decided to pay to have ships so that we had the intended powers that were on the ship and then had them stolen away from us(nerf).

These are the reason SSG has been losing the good faith of their customers. The IPS was one thing as it was free and nerfed, the cargo buffs were flat out profiteering with the intent of stealing back what they sold.

Again I will use the analogy:
What if you bought a car and one day the person who sold you the car just strolled onto your driveway and drove of with it with zero repercussions, denying you the use of that which you paid for.

I am pro DDO and also like some of the things that Torquin has been doing lately, but I have and will never stop holding them accountable for poor decisions.
No, what I meant to say, and did say, was that it saved me from going back to buff every hour. Some how I knew someone was going to reply the way you did. When given the choice to get them every hour or not, I chose to get them every hour. People in video games are famous for ruining their own fun if the developers let them. I am no exception. Do I like having as much power (especially defense so I never die) as possible? Yes. Will I inconvenience myself to get it? Yes. Do I find the game somewhat more fun now that I don't constantly go back for ship buffs and am not as annoyed when I die (because I lose my ship buffs)? Yes. Would I start buffing every hour again if they added them back in? Yes. I don't mind their absence because I end up having more fun (though perhaps dying ever so slightly more) because they are gone.

Still, having said all that, if they want to add the cargo buffs to the 5 hour buffs I would be all over it and quite happy about it. Permanent 30 elemental resists are great.

Dragavon

I am not talking about regular guild chest, but something called "Gold seal Special Access Large Guild Chest 1" and "2".
Please check your buy list at amenities vendor, you may find something you haven't heard of before :)
I did check before you posted this, and those chests does not exist on my guildship. I can buy the small and large guildchests that I can buy in cargo hold, nothing else.

I have checked twice :unsure:

Sylvado

You are hilarious!!! Nice rationale but a huge fail!!

When it comes to new players learning the game when they have absolutely no game knowledge it is true those buffs would help to ignore almost everything that is in the level 2 and under. Once level 3 and champions come into play that would change for newbies, it would take only one properly specced caster champ to hand a new player his butt fairly quick, and traps will start to effectively do damage if the new player hasnt learned to move out of then quick enough.

But from your logic you believe their learning curve should be dying often and early. So using your logic i would love to hear your views on what percentage of new unskilled players trying out this game tough it out through that. I mean even the ones that do put an effort in arent staying long once they go on to the forums or some other info feed and see players talking about 150+ past lives to be good enough to run in groups while they grind out each and every low level quest for any slight bit of advancement.

You may be a great player, who knows, but as great as any of us are, if we dont realize having some retention of players that try the game out will keep the game going longer we will only shorten the life of the game.
Barely average player at best, with 20 past live at the most.

grrowler

I did check before you posted this, and those chests does not exist on my guildship. I can buy the small and large guildchests that I can buy in cargo hold, nothing else.

I have checked twice :unsure:
the guild chests that gravisrs is referring to can be accessed from the airship cargo hold vendor Dubgar / Small Amenities - you have to specifically click on the ASTRAL SHARD BUY tab at the top to see them:

EJBGh4Q.jpg

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Old cargo amenities was mostly deprecated due to new types of amenities (minus unbalanced elemental resist shrines - but those are long time gone).

But there is one quite attractive (to having in cargo) amenity available only for astral shard - Special Access Large Guild Chest 1 and 2 - but oh my 130/150 shards for a 30 day contract is way too much.

Can we have this available for plat please? Make it guild level requirement 120 or so, make it plat expensive, but it will save us-officers lot of time to go to new guild bank amenity each time we want to store something only for officers.

If not - can we have those astral prices lowered by a factor for those?
Yeah, I totally misread that on first scan-thru.. so you want better value for the SSG currency? AS don't drop from rolls anymore! Be grateful you get your Shard back on failed auction. :)

Can we start with the first line I handily bolded?

Cargo buffs are non-existant, balance, whatever, but ...omg, why even have a hold at this point? Save duping large amenities (workstation/stone of change) guild chest n ONE small amenity (chest) there's no point.. hmm.. okay.. it's been reduced to that, the hold. OH! Forgot the other small amenity of Tavern in hold. Hmm.. :p

Yeah. Them's crazy AS prices but storage is the name of the game, I guess. Clearly is at least one reason WHY cargo hold was depricated.

Last edited:

The Narc

the guild chests that gravisrs is referring to can be accessed from the airship cargo hold vendor Dubgar / Small Amenities - you have to specifically click on the ASTRAL SHARD BUY tab at the top to see them:

EJBGh4Q.jpg
Lol as if anyone is paying that crazy price monthly. It might be bought if it was a one time cost for a permanent chest.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Lol as if anyone is paying that crazy price monthly. It might be bought if it was a one time cost for a permanent chest.
The items "stay" in the chest even when the contract expires. So, for a one time fee, you could invest in some long term storage, I guess.

TavernBrawler

Gold roll can give 75 AS currently. Although it is a difficult roll and very rare to get.
It has less chance than me sleeping with <insert famous hot woman of your choice>. Dont believe when Sev says "Free Gold rolls are fiscally irresponsible".

Reactions: DBZ

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
8<snip>8
AS don't drop from rolls anymore! Be grateful you get your Shard back on failed auction. :)
8<snip>8
Ummm, yeah they do, got 75 AS on a gold roll last week. First time in over a year, but it happened.

Teach me to reply before reading to the end of the thread...

Sylvado

It has less chance than me sleeping with <insert famous hot woman of your choice>. Dont believe when Sev says "Free Gold rolls are fiscally irresponsible".
They are, it made more than worth it to transfer characters to my home world with all they had collected from daily rolls.