Can we PLEASE get more player housing!

JDCuz33

It is astonishing the amount of player housing that exist in LOTRO verses the total lack of the same in DDO! What the heck man! I’m tired of being confined to this pirate ship! I am a knight after all. Can we please get a keep or castle somewhere! Get me off of this ship! Make it personal housing or something but the same ship for 10 years? And give it some options like a maid or butler or if nothing else a dog. Better yet give it a pet pin so we can at least make them do tricks. So they can do something other than sit in a pouch on my toon gather internet dust!

Upvote 5

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I agree. Player housing or guild halls where members could have rooms would be pretty nice.
I've been on about guild halls becoming a thing for years, hopefully they will do it one day. Though, I think they need to fix the guild system first, i.e. not letting guild leaders get swapped out just for off time.

Altra

I want this so much!
Then let rogues lift pictures they like from quests to hang in the house; or some kind of mirror that we can copy pics, carpet, furniture.
There are tons of things possible.

Drizzt

A lodging in one of the Sharn towers to be reached by elevator (ported to), would be quite fine. Especially if we can add more rooms like "armory" to place all the trash we have been hoarding for years, and send mules to eternal sleep.

Lilir

A cosmetic wardrobe would be nice (which they have in LOTRO). Also during festivals some things going on in the taverns would be fun please. :)

TrinityTurtle

I really support the idea of a couple reasons.

The obvious - it's fun to have your own little niche of space. I played Lotro for a bit, but I got bored (it was all kill x amount of monster y and I'll give you z) but I really enjoyed the housing and that you could to an extent decorate it to your liking.

Currency Sink - they had 'rent' you had to pay. I forget if it was weekly or monthly, this was in 2011 I played, but I remember it being fairly expensive and getting currency out of the game. I am not bragging when I say I have 15 plat capped mules and a plat capped platinum bank. I didn't do anything special to get it, just plat and selling to venders/deconning over years, I didn't sell awesome items, it just builds up because there is not much to spend it on. Repairs and consumables are negligable costs compared to the average players daily intake, and with most of the loot being btc and bta there really isn't that much of a secondary market to put the gold sinks in the auction to counter much of daily generated treasure value of the players just going about thier business. The cosmetic reaper items are nicely expensive and required every life, but with all things not everyone uses them and more things that are natural to spend plat on in the game can only bring value back to plat. Guild ship and amenity costs were helpful for a limited time, but once acquired that falls off too.

Oppurtunity to put in a place open to all the toons on an account to store cosmetics. Make this wardrove everyone is talking about. :) With everything being btc/bta that's worth having, storage space is an issue. It's not like we can sell an item we're not going to use for a while (sinking plat) and then buy it again from someone else later. So having a special 'bank' for just cosmetic items would help players with the inventory issues, and incentivize people like me that enjoy playing around with my toons look to actually buy more off the ddo store becuase I'd have a place to put them.

Just a turtle rant on why I think it'd be a good idea. :)

Would like to see them implement the basic apartment you get for free in FF14.
Just like 1 or two rooms to put decorations and stuff in.
They dont even have to give us the ability to move too much stuff around, they could have designated areas where things can go like in old school runescape.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
We are just murder-hobos.
Not just murder sprees—genocide FTW.

Sneaky play stopped by locked doors that require killing every MF in the room. New mechanics coming down the development pipeline penalizing players for not running up the body count.

But hey, we’re the heroes!

Buddha5440

Yes, with all the complaints about LAG, let's add another thing that will increase it with the people who have 20 mules with max inventory/bank space and still complpain about inventory management get a house (based on the server) and can now store ten times as much stuff.

Fun days ahead if this ever comes to pass.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
A door you keep in your pocket, it leads to your personal pocket dimension.
Those who reads forgotten realms books know it exist. I think Jaraxe got one.
In ddo terms its like the sharn bording pass/ ravenloft bottle/ saltmarsh compass/ etc. Just click.
Basically just need to rip whats inside the airship, copy paste and edit out the ship parts (example fire elemental engine), put some furniture inside instead (can copy paste from sharn/ fey/ etc.)
Player wise you now need to spend omg amounts of plat and shards for personal use on top of using it for your ship.
So people like me who has a 1 man ship would now be beggared.
BUT.
You now can get your buffs on the spot. Instead of running to the ship portals.

Question is you can go in from anywhere, but where do you come out? Knowing ddo most likely is at airship portal, oops, "will fix it in a future update". No time frame given. 😅

The_Apocalypse

Some kind of living area we could decorate would be kinda fun, I guess. Could invite people to your place to check it out. And it would be bigger based on the money you spend. A one-bedroom or studio apartment, two-bedrooms, etc. Do a SWG type thing and make any item you have be usable as a decoration. Suits of armor and such.

Oh, and a Guild Hall that the Guild Leader can decorate.

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
I could see chests and quests having regional cosmetic items for houses or guild halls too, so you could really do out a theme for your place. That would be neat. It would be neat for three barrel and salt marsh having pirate stuff, ravenloft and the Halloween event having gothic horror stuff, gianthold having dragon and giant deco, etc. and so on.

Livmo

I love that idea! I can imagine walking into your house and seeing all your cosmetics on display, exactly what they look like on the character.

We also need:
  • Scroll cases
  • Potion packs
  • Bookcases
    • With books. Each page having spots like stamps to display lootz.
  • Display racks
  • Chests
  • Aparati
  • Stable for my horses
And of course mannequins!

I would like a way to flip/scroll/move through my cosmetic set ups to see what I want to wear depending on my mood:

iron-man-3-hall-of-armor-main.jpg

Arimov

It is astonishing the amount of player housing that exist in LOTRO verses the total lack of the same in DDO! What the heck man! I’m tired of being confined to this pirate ship! I am a knight after all. Can we please get a keep or castle somewhere! Get me off of this ship! Make it personal housing or something but the same ship for 10 years? And give it some options like a maid or butler or if nothing else a dog. Better yet give it a pet pin so we can at least make them do tricks. So they can do something other than sit in a pouch on my toon gather internet dust!
I agree with you 100%!!!!