changes to tumble BAD!

Tscheuss

Ya know, it's kinda funny that I've been playing since 2009 through every kind of change and nerf you can imagine but the tumble changes are the thing that caused me to finally cancel all 3 subs and I didn't even use tumble other than mindless rolling around while waiting on something. 🤣 I think I'm just getting too old to deal with bs anymore.

These devs just cater to whoever is the loudest whiner on the forums/discord and over the years it's just become exhausting. "Ermahgerd! People are doing things I don't like in an MMO! I better cry about it on the forums to get it nerfed!"

It's the same thing over and over again throughout the years and it will never change.
Exactly. I miss the idle forward and side rolls and backflips. The only time I noticed a speed advantage was in shallow water, and then it was a toss-up whether to tumble or FF jump across.
It seems like some people are just evil in their hearts and just want to make everyone else a little less happy. :(

Toede

You're right. It is funny. Imagine thinking that publicly bringing attention to one's irrational behavior is somehow anything other than a self own. I think I'll cancel my subscription over an ability I claim I barely use, let alone exploited. Why does it make me so mad? Oh, I dunno. I just does. Luuuuuuuuuulz.

One good thing out of all this hysteria is it has definitely identified who has any real credibility around here and who I can just pass on whenever I see their name beside a bunch of words. The issue with tumble was an obvious situation that needed to be corrected from a game development standpoint. Full stop. It is beyond questionable on so many levels for anyone to claim otherwise.

Tscheuss

Not everyone plays the same, Mr. Sock. I used tumble a lot. In public. On the guild ship. In the Marketplace. In the Harbor. It was fun to just tumble around people. Forward, left, back, right repeat. The jumps and flips were JUST PLAIN FUN. It fits in the same category as playing Follow the Leader or Hide and Seek in the public areas.
I know that some people will insist on claiming anyone who laments these changes so strongly only ever used Tumble for "nefarious" purposes, but I also know such accusations are merely the projections of a shriveled soul.

Toede

Right because it is totally normal to call strangers evil and shriveled souls because you have to wait a few seconds between idle tumbles. Get real and grow up, friendo.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I used tumble a lot. It was fun.

I use it now. Differently. It's also fun.

Even if it didn't though, I still don't think I'd quite understand the depth of angst from many. For me it was fun, but not fundamental. YMMV I guess. 🙂

What should be very clear by now though is that it's not going to change for the foreseeable future. Like it or lump it, you're ultimately just gonna have to accept it.

I'm definitely not telling anyone what to do here, but I would like to point out that you're wasting your time continuing the debate. It's done. 👍

You're right. It is funny. Imagine thinking that publicly bringing attention to one's irrational behavior is somehow anything other than a self own. I think I'll cancel my subscription over an ability I claim I barely use, let alone exploited. Why does it make me so mad? Oh, I dunno. I just does. Luuuuuuuuuulz.

One good thing out of all this hysteria is it has definitely identified who has any real credibility around here and who I can just pass on whenever I see their name beside a bunch of words. The issue with tumble was an obvious situation that needed to be corrected from a game development standpoint. Full stop. It is beyond questionable on so many levels for anyone to claim otherwise.

Chill out Marshall, we get it. You didn't like people tumbling past you and everyone should love the changes because you do.... I didn't cancel my subs because tumble was changed. I cancelled them because of WHY and HOW it was changed, and the fact that I've seen this behavior to be consistent for many years and it's not something I support.

DDO Gaming

Even if it didn't though, I still don't think I'd quite understand the depth of angst from many. For me it was fun, but not fundamental. YMMV I guess. 🙂

What should be very clear by now though is that it's not going to change for the foreseeable future. Like it or lump it, you're ultimately just gonna have to accept it.
DDO is a computer game and an investment. Its upto individuals to decide whether new teumble is a dealbreaker. Personally IF I used tumble as a core skill and created builds around it, those builds are now worthless

DDO Gaming

I'm definitely not telling anyone what to do here, but I would like to point out that you're wasting your time continuing the debate. It's done. 👍
Feel free to comment elsewhere jack., these forums exist to debate DDO issues that affect them.

And this very arrogant "tumble doesn't impact me so nobody should debate it" attitude is particularly noticeable regarding this issue

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Feel free to comment elsewhere jack., these forums exist to debate DDO issues that affect them.

And this very arrogant "tumble doesn't impact me so nobody should debate it" attitude is particularly noticeable regarding this issue
Arrogant? Whilst implying I shouldn't be commenting at all? When I've also clearly stated I'm not telling anyone what to do, having recognised that may be misinterpreted as such? At this point I have to think you're just looking for a fight for its own sake. Well, you're not getting it from me. 😂

Continue to debate it if you like mate. It's over, you're not getting what you want, and you're just wasting your time, but hey, you knock yourself out if you wish. Carry on. 👍

dur

aka Cybersquirt

(bold, mine) But you are telling "us" what to do.. or have decided the outcome.. re-read what you wrote. See if you can spot it. At least you're not quite as abrasive as someone else. But I remember hearing that before they added charges.

I don't understand how Tumble is still fun now.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Stating a fact, as I see it, is not direction. It's opinion.

Let's put it another way... In all honesty, what do you think will actually change now?

DDO Gaming

Let's put it another way... In all honesty, what do you think will actually change now?
Either the devs actually put in the effort and create a new tumble that can be placed on a shortcut bar, offers (for example) 10 charges with a 30 second cooldown resetting to 10 (this makes tumble actually usable without being "abused"...whatever that means) or they rollback the changes

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Either the devs actually put in the effort and create a new tumble that can be placed on a shortcut bar, offers (for example) 10 charges with a 30 second cooldown resetting to 10 (this makes tumble actually usable without being "abused"...whatever that means) or they rollback the changes
That's what you want to happen. Bur that's not what I asked. Is it honestly what you think is now going to happen?

DDO Gaming

That's what you want to happen. Bur that's not what I asked. Is it honestly what you think is now going to happen?
Did anything think the devs would create this tumble-mess because a random enlightened-paladin went "blah blah"? its how change occurs. once gamers sync on a solution devs will consider it viable

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Did anything think the devs would create this tumble-mess because a random enlightened-paladin went "blah blah"? its how change occurs. once gamers sync on a solution devs will consider it viable
What's happened, happend. But again, you're not actually answering the question asked. Can you answer the question? Yes or no will do.👍

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Get to the point you've already made.. I didn't think tumble would ever be changed the way it has, so I figure all bets are off now.

pame12

I used tumble a lot. It was fun.

I use it now. Differently. It's also fun.

It changed just recently, they added another 2 charges.

DDO Gaming

I need to be careful with my wording to avoid any ban. So I will make a genric comment and you can connect the dots.

Some folks enjoy trolling gamers who've developed their builds around specific features eg tumble. these trolls know precisely what happened with timelines but their pleasure from watching other gamers freakout is clear

Reactions: dur

DDO Gaming

Personally I hope gsamers who have invested in tumble-centric builds can adapt to the changes whilst providing alternative "hey devs you should do this instead" and sync on a solution.

I have provided an alternative solution which I hope the gaming communtity will support thereby encouraging devs to implement it

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Yes. Which was a doubling down on the trajectory they've chosen! 😂

This made despite the body of protest from the original change.

Are you seriously trying to present that change as argument for them changing direction now?

Sorry, but that seems a simply nonsensical interpretation of what's actually happened. 😂