changes to tumble BAD!

Toede

I think it was because it wasn't an implementation that was serving the skill well. Having to block before tumbling was counterintuitive to what the skill was supposed to represent. It worked for shield users pretty well, and that was about it. Experimental worked for everybody, a little too well as it turns out.

Sympl

Tumble breaking stealth seems pretty WAI to me, tbh. I would probably be more likely to notice a dude rolling across the floor than if he slowly crept along the wall in the shadows. ;)
Point taken in the way it was intended, however.....

Tumble through behind someone when you're stealthy enough and they shouldn't notice you. It's all about skills and whether you got them or not. If tumbling breaks stealth so that those skill checks aren't happening......then even if you should be able to "ninja something off" because you are indeed that good but can't because the game won't let you.....that's a problem.

Toede

I was more trying to be humorous than serious there. I think they actually fixed the issue with tumble breaking stealth though I could be wrong. My builds tend to either focus on one or the other, not both.

Justfungus

Tumble changes, good idea, meh execution.
Might I suggest ? Reduce all the new benefits from tumbling to HALF, allow it to reduce fall damage again and remove the tumble cap. so you can tumble as many times as before.

Reactions: dur

Toede

It does reduce fall damage. Are you guys even trying this stuff yourselves before you post?

Also why would they remove the tumble cap when that was the whole reason to change it in the first place?

Tscheuss

If the devs are going to hold firm on this ill-advised change to Tumble, we need Tumble to have infinite charges with zero cool-down in Public Areas.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
The reason why this would not work is because that would not serve the purpose of tumble which is to provide evasion for non tank melee combatants. A cooldown of a minute would be absolutely nonsensical and would only serve to benefit everyone but who the skill is meant for in the first place.
Is that the purpose of tumble? I thought it "doesn't matter if you're not rogue/acrobat?"

If you only have two tumble charges, that means you are not a rogue and it also means you have less than ten points in the skill, so why should you be able to tumble through traps? If it's a cross class skill and you have less then double digit points invested, don't expect to be an acrobat.
I had 3.

so, why again did they ever mess with it in the 1st place.lmao(not the speed tumble..before that)
Good question. Devs are mum; I know the Exploit @ Epic is dead so you can connect the dots.

It does reduce fall damage. Are you guys even trying this stuff yourselves before you post?
u67 must have fixed it; falling damage was an issue.

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Tumble changes, good idea, meh execution.
Might I suggest ? Reduce all the new benefits from tumbling to HALF, allow it to reduce fall damage again and remove the tumble cap. so you can tumble as many times as before.
Yeah.. they're clearly still playing with it. My biggest beef is still the charges.

As it stands, you can get +1 charge at rank 10, and another +1 at 20.. and that's it? (+1 @ mobility, k..) more, please. to cover gaining rank 50 in tumble, at least. I'm still disgusted. We should be able to gain 10 charges of tumble in Heroics.

I am still of a mind that this SKILL was nerfed so hard, it's ridiculous. If I have enough charges, the 1.0 second buff makes it work. If I don't, sucks to play with new tumble.

sweenjm

Ya know, it's kinda funny that I've been playing since 2009 through every kind of change and nerf you can imagine but the tumble changes are the thing that caused me to finally cancel all 3 subs and I didn't even use tumble other than mindless rolling around while waiting on something. 🤣 I think I'm just getting too old to deal with bs anymore.

These devs just cater to whoever is the loudest whiner on the forums/discord and over the years it's just become exhausting. "Ermahgerd! People are doing things I don't like in an MMO! I better cry about it on the forums to get it nerfed!"

It's the same thing over and over again throughout the years and it will never change.
Same. Been playing for 13 years. Never once even bothered to register for forums until now. i've gone through all the changes....some good, some bad. In the past 3 or 4 years I've noticed the game become less and less like a group of friends playing d&d together and more and more like every other mmo. I've beat this dead horse long enough, and they've made enough money off of me. Time to move on.