Current Fix for Isle of Dread Crashing

Matsu

Since at least update 67, maybe update 66, I am now affected by the dang raptor sound crashing the game. I should note that previously, before update 66 for sure, I was not affected by the common crash bug.

I have tried the two fixes I found from early last year, 2023, but am still crashing. what is the current fix and is ssg going to address the problem?

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
what is the current fix and is ssg going to address the problem?
According to the latest Fridays at Four (thanks @Nimvind ), a fix to this issue is due with Update 67.2 either next Wednesday or the Wednesday after. It's worth noting that this isn't the first time this issue has been "fixed" (previous attempts to fix the problem only worked for some people, I don't understand the exact issue well enough to explain why), so we'll have to hope it'll help in your case.

Buddha5440

no this fix does not work for me.
Try disabling you audio when you run this (sucks I know but...).

It is almost definitely a soundcard/driver/codec issue but as there are literally thousands of them it's gotta be a PitA to try and fix it. I've never had a crash from the audio issues but, whenever I experience a ~5-10sec freeze, it is pretty much (95%) always right at the end of a sound that I don't come across often.

misterski

Try disabling you audio when you run this (sucks I know but...).

It is almost definitely a soundcard/driver/codec issue but as there are literally thousands of them it's gotta be a PitA to try and fix it. I've never had a crash from the audio issues but, whenever I experience a ~5-10sec freeze, it is pretty much (95%) always right at the end of a sound that I don't come across often.
It's related to OpenAL IIRC, specifically the driver included with Windows.