Curse cards get a boost?

FuzzyDuck81

I got 6 for 6 on decent effects on the card rolls; 2x unbreakable, minor prowess (+1 hit & damage), major assassin (+2 assassinate DC), major wisdom (+2 wis) & divine fortune (on gear not weapon sadly). That's either the RNG god really blessing things or the treasure dice roll boosts also work on the cards as I've got a greater treasure hunter elixir running on one of my characters plus there was the global loot boost active at the time too.

Time to run more sagas & get a larger sample size I guess

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
Damn u took the whole luck!

After rolling like 90 times for an effect I wanted I gave up. This is a long play trap. Hours wasted on sagas etc.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I got 6 for 6 on decent effects on the card rolls; 2x unbreakable, minor prowess (+1 hit & damage), major assassin (+2 assassinate DC), major wisdom (+2 wis) & divine fortune (on gear not weapon sadly). That's either the RNG god really blessing things or the treasure dice roll boosts also work on the cards as I've got a greater treasure hunter elixir running on one of my characters plus there was the global loot boost active at the time too.

Time to run more sagas & get a larger sample size I guess
It would be fascinating if treasure boost effects have some play on Cursed card rolls.

DBZ

Swear seen more frags last 2 days then all boost weekend

and they still won't fix the vendor to take ranged weapons so theres that

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I have used cards 15 times now, if I can count... I have + to bluff, ranged power (four times, two each of +2 and +5), ff, two times of underwater action, bard thing.... my melee tankish dps is sooo happy.... or not

I'm just ignoring this thing now.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

FuzzyDuck81

Damn u took the whole luck!

After rolling like 90 times for an effect I wanted I gave up. This is a long play trap. Hours wasted on sagas etc.

Yeah I look it more as just a nice little bonus rather than a thing to specifically aim for & generally just throw the cards on gear I don't intend to change out for a while or on TR gear/crafting blanks. I've had plenty of +1 skill boosts etc. but just that run of really good effects all straight after each other at the same time stood out.

Since regular lootgen item effects are decided by a roll to determine the specific effect then a second roll to determine where in the power scale of that effect for it's level that it falls & the tooltip for the treasure hunter elixir states "treasure dice rolls are increased by +X making the chance of finding maximum effects on loot more likely", then it made me wonder if it was causing something similar to apply to the card curses, giving an increased chance for whatever the basic effect would be to be upgraded to the higher-tier version.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Since I have a slavers slot I decided to curse them until I got one that I liked. I have major combatant 5mp on my trinket and ended up getting +2 dex on the slavers one. It took maybe seven tries. The slavers blanks were easy since I had to anyway grind for mats. In the end it was fun.

I thought to do the same on a CC double augment ring slot. Didn’t work. But I got great stuff that others can use (like +2 STR, the spell crit one etc) and posted them on the ASAH. No one bit. Stupid players.😡

Reactions: DBZ

Dragavon

Swear seen more frags last 2 days then all boost weekend

and they still won't fix the vendor to take ranged weapons so theres that
The reaper vendor does take ranged weapons, so this is not true.

Thrown weapons are coded as ammunition in the game, and that is why the reaper vendor does not take them.

droid327

That would require the game having some code as to which curses are "better", so it could weight them more heavily

You just hit the jackpot. Sell all your cards from now on because you'll never get a good roll again lol

FuzzyDuck81

Loot bonus weekend plus the extra thanks to unscheduled downtime (and it's confirmed they stack), so seems like a good opportunity to chug another treasure hunter elixir and test this out.

nenetteblackmoor

Treasure hunter elixir has no effect against curses.
I've cursed items about 200 times, but I haven't gotten STR+2 and Unparalleled Might(Action Boost gives STR+6).

My friend got cursed with STR+2, so I can confirm the existence of the STR+2 curse.
However, I can't confirm the existence of the Curse of Unparalleled Might. Is it really implemented?

I don't need any more Fear Immunity curses.

The chances of getting curses such as Favored Weapon or HP+2% are around 2%.
I have four of each.
I think the chance of getting Status+2 is 1%. I have two of each stat except for STR.