Cursed Maelstrom potential bug

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
So let me get this straight:

1. Proc rate too low. Steel agrees. Doubles proc rate. 100 percent increase of any 1 of the 3 which are all desirable effects.
2. Tonq adds quell. Increasing effects from 3 to 4. A decrease in chance from 1 in 3 (33%) to 1 in 4 (25%).

One dev INCREASES the chance of even having ANY effect. (+100%)
Another dev DECREASES the chance of getting the 3 good effects (-8%).

???

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
So let me get this straight:

1. Proc rate too low. Steel agrees. Doubles proc rate. 100 percent increase of any 1 of the 3 which are all desirable effects.
2. Tonq adds quell. Increasing effects from 3 to 4. A decrease in chance from 1 in 3 (33%) to 1 in 4 (25%).

One dev INCREASES the chance of even having ANY effect. (+100%)
Another dev DECREASES the chance of getting the 3 good effects (-8%).

???
Ah, again, Quell was added to the effect suite before Sharn actually released. The proc rate increase happened with Update 66, a full 5 years later. For more information on the history of this effect, check out this post from earlier in the thread:
Great news, this is untrue! I just took a look at this effect and can confirm that when Steelstar raised the proc rate, there were no other changes to effect availability as far as I can see. Quell was added to this effect suite in 2019 by yours truly during the Sharn development cycle before release, and since then there's been absolutely no changes beyond the proc rate increasing with U66.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Also, is there a quell imbue? Does/can the quell extra damage scall with light/alignment spellpower?

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

tonquin, i do not think the procrate was doubled with u66 as I have not noticed it proccing more. I think the ability should be buffed further as right now it is a raid exclusive effect that isn't very good. it would have been fine with the pre doublestrike change, but since then it has been bad. to add insult to injury, the FoM weapons have nothing that procs on quell, so these weapons have an additional proc that does nothing. please consider changing the ability