Dark Apostate End Game Gear and Sets

Sophia Loren

With so many gear options and sets, many of which seem to be the same or similar, what is the best recommended end game gear and sets for a Dark Apostate?

Ellisaria

In order to help with that, what kind of DA are you? Caster/Melee/Ranged? What Ability do you use to hit (Wis/Dex/Str/etc)?

Here's a gearset I had done in early 2023 for someone who already had dreadkeeper. The item selections avoided raid gear and were based largely around what he already had and was wearing. It is definitely far from optimal, as it doesn't have Elders and it predates Vecna gear. Not sure if it supports turning - I often just swapped an item when I needed to turn, typically the ML21 borderlands gloves. A few of the builds in the DA subforum have gearsets too. The level 29/32 gear in the build posted by decorp looks reasonably farmable and might be better. I did one DA life a few months ago, but didn't stay at cap for long, and since it was not on my main server I didn't have decent gear anyways.

Weapon: The Legendary Queen's Sceptre (I left this just for the 30 spellcraft. You could swap Prince’s instead, and swap out your cloak and maybe necklace)
Offhand: Legendary Stygian Wrath Nearly Finished: Wisdom +6 Insight
Armor: The Legendary Blackmail
Belt: Legendary Bronze Dragonscale Belt
Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots
Bracers: Legendary Necromancer's Bracers
Cloak: Legendary Gossamer Weave (maybe Silverthread instead, or farm Walking Ancestor’s Shroud from IoD, or Hallowed Trail from Sharn)
Gloves: Legendary Skin-tight Gloves
Goggles: Legendary Goggles of Dusk
Helm: Legendary Crown of Leaves
Necklace: Legendary Amber Pendant (keep using Prince’s sceptre, since it overlaps with this. Got rid of one sceptre to fit Stygian Wrath orb for the insightful nullification, insightful void lore and the +6 insightful wisdom)
Ring1: Black Pearl Ring (only really for +14 wis and filigree slots. The 154 negative spell power and 22% negative lore are only a minor upgrade over your Dreadkeeper set, which you might as well keep for the set bonus)
Ring2: Legendary Skulled Ring
Trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (not critical, just for negative)