DDO Bonus Days!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
iirc, the VIP bonus should be in your chat box with the various bonus XP stuff like master's gift (while stuff like buddy boost shows up in the XP report box).

FireEater

This. VIP bonus never shows in the xp window, but is mentioned in chat instead.

I wonder why that is and always has been. At minimum it would be reinforcement to the VIP subscriber seeing their XP boost - even the standard 10% non weekend bonus - and also an advertisement to non-VIP's this particular perk. :unsure:

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I wonder why that is and always has been. At minimum it would be reinforcement to the VIP subscriber seeing their XP boost - even the standard 10% non weekend bonus - and also an advertisement to non-VIP's this particular perk. :unsure:
This is a good point.

A possible explanation is that "quest xp" and "bonus to xp" are two different channels.

Drunken.dx

VIP bonus XP would be better if lag wasn't so bad you click on quest entrance and spend 2 minutes waiting for box to pop up...
Just had case in Heroic ToR where after pulling both levers it took several minutes of me asking myself if quest broke for doors to open.

Sympl

The VIP bonus is a bonus to all earned xp, not just an extra percentage to the base xp of the quest like a buddy bonus is.

Flat bonuses to earned xp are always solely in chat and never in the quest’s xp log.

Think master’s gift/Voice/Mantle, ship buffs, and xp pots.

I think part of the confusion is there is also *at the same time* a VIP buddy bonus that does display in the quest xp log.

These are two different VIP channels of extra XP.