DDO needs a wardrobe manager

Smokewolf

Gearing-up, is pretty tedious and time consuming. Would love to have a system that saves a players current worn equipment as a template. To later be selectable while the banks interface is open. One click, to re-equip what was saved.

Side note: Several other MMO's already use a similar system.

Upvote 3

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
I like the Shared Wardrobe function in LOTRO. It would be great if they could implement that here in DDO.

But they can't. Under the current DDO engine, any cosmetic item is regarded as a magical item in the database; and cannot differentiate between cosmetics. I think Lynnabel (Tonquin) mentioned that around 4-5 years ago on the dev chats that used to take place on Lammania, and they've repeated the same thing over the years, when a similar question has been asked.

There are quite a few things from the LoTRO side of things I'd like to see brought over, but I doubt we'll see them in DDO side. One of which, of course, is player housing. The last time I heard that mentioned was a couple of "Sev's Q&A" on Cordovan's Friday at Four, in that they had opted out of doing player housing and were considering something to do with guildships and... that was it.

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
@Zavina Maybe we could get an additional tab like the Stable but designed for clothing.

If the items being magical is an issue, then perhaps an exchange option whereby you place your clothes in a crafting device (stone of change) and it outputs a cosmetic "certificate" that you can add to your Stable. The gear or cosmetic item could be destroyed/deleted in the process if necessary.

This would allow cosmetics to be shared between multiple characters on a server. It would also help to alleviate storage space concerns.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
@Zavina Maybe we could get an additional tab like the Stable but designed for clothing.

If the items being magical is an issue, then perhaps an exchange option whereby you place your clothes in a crafting device (stone of change) and it outputs a cosmetic "certificate" that you can add to your Stable. The gear or cosmetic item could be destroyed/deleted in the process if necessary.

This would allow cosmetics to be shared between multiple characters on a server. It would also help to alleviate storage space concerns.
@Kasanje - I get what you are saying, but I think it's the overall coding of how cosmetics are done IS the question. They've mentioned over the years how spaghettified the coding is, and bringing in a new cosmetic method could be beyond the coding as it stands.

Try hitting up Steelstar on community discord during his 'coffee morning' or put it in the Community suggestion ideas.

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
@Kasanje - I get what you are saying, but I think it's the overall coding of how cosmetics are done IS the question. They've mentioned over the years how spaghettified the coding is, and bringing in a new cosmetic method could be beyond the coding as it stands.

Try hitting up Steelstar on community discord during his 'coffee morning' or put it in the Community suggestion ideas.
Thanks for the suggestion (y)

Silvorn

Since gold/plat is pretty much useless after a while.

Find patterns for clothing. Put in a NPC tailor. You take the pattern to the tailor. Pattern gets stored in your patterns. You pay a small fee when you want to change a cosmetic item to get it "made." Doesn't take up player inventory room and puts in a cash sink. You can never use it and not spend anything, you can use it constantly and spend.

Could use the same idea for the hair dyes. Put in a barber/beautician.

As is I delete most of them because they take up to much room.

I read the post on them being a magic item issue. If the bank can save my cosmetics and I can sort/filter them , then why can't there be an NPC (bank effectively) that will contain a list of them I can withdraw?