DDO players age

67. When I started playing D&D we also had to buy the Chainmail rules to know how to handle combat. Wish I had those books now - Chainmail, the original 2 stapled paperback D&D books and Greyhawk.

Strommburg

67. When I started playing D&D we also had to buy the Chainmail rules to know how to handle combat. Wish I had those books now - Chainmail, the original 2 stapled paperback D&D books and Greyhawk.
Still have the white box with books...50th anniversary this year. Happy Birthday D&D!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Actually, if a scammer wants to data mine someone. They scour social media for anything that one might have posted any where for any reason.

Yes, being hacked an/or having someone steal your identity is real. It does happen and there is literally an entire industry that has grown up around the idea of scrubbing every thing you might have posted on the internet. Either because you have been hacked, think you might have been hacked, or had your identity stolen. Those services are not cheap by the way.

The actual chances of having your identity stolen is not really all that high. For most oif us. We might have a FB account hacked or some other social media account. An annoyance, but damage can be done. The accepted idea of reducing your chances is to not post anything about yourself any where. Even though we all do. Ever gave a review on a product at Amazon or similar site? Yeah, that can tell scammer a lot about you.
SHRUGS

My take on it, is that any one stealing my Identity is going to have to drastically improve my credit rating before getting so much as a credit card in my name. That is going to be a lot of time and effort that I am sure an identity thief is going to start looking for easier pickings.
Or, if a troll wants to read your last 200 posts . ..

Archaic

47 next week but taken to be in my 30s due to my lifelong diet of preservatives added to our food sources lol

jmervyn

And I remember when gas was .25 cents a gallon, you didn't have to get out of your car, and they checked your oil, water, air and cleaned the windshield, then gave you something like S&H Green stamps or a mug or something else useful. Those were good times.
57 ... not quite as high-speed, low-drag as I used to be.

EDIT - oh, I still have my original boxed set & some of the Judges' Guild stuff I picked up, as well as my old copies of White Dwarf magazine.

Hobgoblin

old enough to know not to state my age on a public forum as that something people ask as a question for the prn sites