Race: Dragonborn
PRR: 215
MRR: 146
Hit points (reaper difficulty): 2742
Hit points (normal difficulty): 1872
Cold spell power (without metamagic): 1100

Skills:
tumble x1, umd x2, jump x6, spellcraft, balance, heal, spot, perform,
diplomacy (make believe quest needs 117?; test success with 14+124)

Feats:
Level 1: quicken spell
Level 3: maximize spell
Level 6: empower spell
Level 9: spell focus evocation
Level 12: greater spell focus evocation
Level 15: past life arcane initiate
Level 18: heavy armor proficiency
Level 21: epic spell focus evocation (epic feat)
Level 22: epic spell power cold (destiny feat)
Level 24: burst of glacial wrath (epic feat)
Level 25: epic spell power force (destiny feat)
Level 27: intensify spell (epic feat)
Level 28: epic spell power positive (destiny feat)
Level 30: embolden spell (epic feat)
Level 30: scion of the plane of water (legendary feat)
Level 31: epic spell power electricity (destiny feat)

Spells:
Level 1: longstrider, lesser vigor, thorn strike, jump, magic fang, ram’s might
Level 2: resist energy, splinterbolt, cure light wounds, lesser restoration, creeping cold
Level 3: salt ray, protection from energy, vigor, cure moderate wounds, call lightning
Level 4: flame strike, freedom of movement, cure serious wounds, dispel magic, ice storm
Level 5: death ward, stoneskin, call lightning storm, reincarnate, cure critical wounds
Level 6: word of balance, fire shield, greater creeping cold, bull’s strength mass, bear’s endurance mass
Level 7: fire storm (replace with elemental toughness at level 15), protection from elements mass, regenerate, freezing spray, freedom of movement mass
Level 8: ice flowers, earthquake, heal, sunburst, finger of death
Level 9: tsunami, regenerate mass, snowslide, mantle of the icy soul, storm of vengeance

Equipment:
- Armor: legendary bronze dragonscale plate with fortification +142%, physical sheltering +33, competence healing amplification +53, false life +50, legendary hruit's influence set, mythic bonus to prr/mrr +4 (green slot: diamond of constitution +14)

- Belt: legendary green steel belt with competence bonus to intelligence skills +22 (tier 1), profane bonus to spell points +151 (tier 1), insightful bonus to intelligence skills +11 (tier 2), insightful bonus to spell points +151 (tier 2), quality bonus to intelligence skills +6 (tier 3), quality bonus to spell points +75 (tier 3), nightshield clicky

- Boots: dinosaur bone boots with wisdom +15 (scale: wisdom), insight bonus to force spell critical damage +10% (fang: force spell crit damage), quality bonus to force spell critical damage +5% (claw: force spell crit damage), sacred bonus to spell DCs +2 (horn: sacred DCs) (blue slot: the master’s gift) (green slot: essence of popura's memento) (yellow slot: set augment touch of power)

- Bracers: legendary kopru bracers with necromancy focus +6, illusion focus +6, profane lifeforce +47, enhancement bonus to force spell critical damage +20% (scale: force spell crit damage), mythic bonus to prr/mrr +1 (green slot: good luck +3) (colorless slot: set augment touch of power)

- Cloak: dinosaur bone cloak with enhancement bonus to cold spell critical damage +20% (scale: cold spell crit damage), insight bonus to cold spell critical damage +10% (fang: cold spell crit damage), quality bonus to cold spell critical damage +5% (claw: cold spell crit damage), saving throws +11 (horn: resistance) (green slot: diamond insightful constitution +5) (yellow slot: set augment touch of power)

- Gloves: crystalline gauntlets with quality potency +25, magical sheltering +35, insightful magical sheltering +17, spell absorption 20 charges (green slot: sapphire of greater heroism) (yellow slot: topaz of wizardry +294)

- Goggles: legendary goggles of dusk with evocation focus +6, insightful evocation focus +3, quality wisdom +3, quality spell focus mastery +2, mythic bonus to spell power +3 (green slot: topaz of greater evocation +2) (colorless slot: set augment cruel cut)

- Helm: legendary elder's cap with intelligence +13, enchantment focus +6, concentration +20, spell save +11, reaper ability boost +2, legendary elder's knowledge set (yellow slot: essence of the epic litany of the dead) (colorless slot: diamond of festive wisdom +2)

- Necklace: legendary pendant of the azure sea with glaciation +142, ice lore +21%, magical efficiency +10%, sea attunement (caster level to cold spells +1, exceptional bonus to cold spell power +10, exceptional bonus to cold spell critical chance +2%), mythic bonus to prr/mrr +1, legendary hruit’s influence set (yellow slot: diamond of festive constitution +2)

- Ring left: the legendary shattered onyx with insightful wisdom +6, profane spell focus +2, insightful resistance +4, insightful dodge +6%, mythic bonus to spell power +3 (blue slot: set augment cruel cut)

- Ring right: any ring with reaper bonus to spell DCs +1 (colorless slot: set augment cruel cut)

- Trinket: legendary gem of many facets with kinetic lore +22% prefix, glaciation +153 suffix, insightful glaciation +76 extra, eldritch resistance +1, legendary elder's knowledge set (yellow slot: topaz of greater illusion +2)

- Weapon: dinosaur bone quarterstaff with enhancement bonus to universal spell power +102, exceptional spell focus +2 (iridiscent scale), spell focus mastery +5, exceptional bonus to universal spell critical chance +5% (iridiscent fang), exceptional wisdom +2 (iceclaw), offensive spells have a chance to inflict multiple stacks of vulnerability (sparkhorn) (purple slot: ruby of impulse +153) (orange slot: topaz of greater transmutation +2)

Weapons swapped to cast call lightning storm:
- Weapon primary: dinosaur bone club with enhancement bonus to universal spell power +102 (iridiscent scale), spells have a chance to inflict ten stacks of cold damage over time (icefang), equipment bonus to electric spellpower +149 (iridiscent claw: electric), offensive spells have a chance to reduce prr and mrr (shadowhorn) (purple slot: diamond of insightful intelligence +5) (orange slot: diamond of exceptional intelligence +1)

- Weapon secondary: dinosaur bone club with empty scale slot, spells deal a large amount of stacking acid damage over time (meltfang), equipment bonus to acid spellpower +149 (iridiscent claw: acid), offensive spells have a chance to grant you 1,000 temporary hit points (brighthorn) (purple slot: sapphire of spell agility +15%) (orange slot: topaz of quick movements)

Filigrees (artifact):
1) Eye of the beholder: wisdom +1 (MRR +2)
2) Celerity/Vigilance: +2 Wisdom (MRR +4)
3) Lunar magic: wisdom +1 (MRR +2)
4) Frozen wanderer: wisdom +1 (MRR +2)

Filigrees (dinosaur bone quarterstaff):
1) Eye of the beholder: wisdom +1 (MRR +2)
2) Eye of the beholder/Inevitable grave: intelligence +2 (universal spell power +8)
3) Eye of the beholder: spell power +6 (universal spell power +4)
4) Celerity/Vigilance: +2 Wisdom (MRR +4)
5) Lunar magic: wisdom +1 (MRR +2)
6) Lunar magic: universal spell power +6 (universal spell power +4)
7) Lunar magic: force spell power +9 (force spell power +2)
8) Lunar magic: magical resistance rating +3 (PRR +2)
9) Frozen wanderer: wisdom +1 (PRR +2)
10) Vigilance: wisdom +1 (MRR +2)

Wisdom (110):
18 Base
8 Level-up
8 Tome
2 Class completionist
2 Racial completionist
2 Racial past life feats (Aasimar and Human)
4 Season’s herald enhancements
4 Feydark illusionist enhancements
1 Falconry enhancements
5 Dire thaumaturge
2 Spirit boon (primal avatar destiny - tier 2)
1 Glitter of fame (fatesinger destiny - core 3)
1 Primal resonance (fatesinger destiny - tier 4)
2 Guild airship bonus from Floating rock garden
2 Yugoloth potion
2 Long lasting elixir of owl’s knowledge
2 Reaper ability boost from Legendary elder's cap
2 Profane bonus from Essence of the epic litany of the dead
6 Insightful bonus from The legendary shattered onyx
3 Quality bonus from Legendary goggles of dusk
11 Filigrees (6 in sentient weapon, 5 in artifact)
3 Artifact bonus from Legendary hruit’s influence set
15 Enhancement bonus from Dinosaur bone boots
2 Diamond of festive wisdom
2 Exceptional bonus from Dinosaur bone quarterstaff

Earthquake DC (129):
18 Base
50 Wisdom
3 Epic spell focus evocation
1 Past life arcane initiate
3 Sorcerer past lives
2 Embolden spell
4 Scion of water
4 Fatesinger destiny cores
3 Mastering the strings (fatesinger destiny - tier 5)
1 Ballad of the ages (fatesinger destiny - tier 5)
3 The magic of music (fatesinger destiny - tier 3)
1 Guild airship bonus from Archwizard
4 Dire thaumaturge
1 Hierophant (season’s herald - core 6)
1 Strength of the solstice (season’s herald - tier 4)
3 True power (dragonborn - tier 4)
6 Evocation focus from Legendary goggles of dusk
3 Insightful evocation focus from Legendary goggles of dusk
2 Quality spell focus mastery from Legendary goggles of dusk
2 Profane spell focus from The legendary shattered onyx
2 Sacred spell focus from Dinosaur bone boots
2 Exceptional spell focus from Dinosaur bone quarterstaff
3 Artifact bonus from Legendary hruit's influence set
2 Lunar magic filigree set
2 Eye of the beholder set
1 Reaper bonus from rings
2 Topaz of greater evocation

Ice flowers DC (113):
18 Base
50 Wisdom
3 Alchemist past lives
2 Scion of water
1 Draconic spell focus (draconic incarnation destiny - tier 3)
4 Dire thaumaturge
1 Hierophant (season’s herald - core 6)
1 Strength of the solstice (season’s herald - tier 4)
5 Spell focus mastery from Dinosaur bone quarterstaff
2 Topaz of greater transmutation

Greater color spray DC (112):
17 Base
50 Wisdom
3 Deep gnome past lives
2 Embolden spell
2 Scion of water
4 Dire thaumaturge
6 Illusion focus from Legendary kopru bracers
2 Topaz of greater illusion

Finger of death DC (112):
18 Base
50 Wisdom
2 Embolden spell
2 Scion of water
4 Dire thaumaturge
6 Necromancy focus from Legendary kopru bracers
4 mantle of the icy soul (always cast creeping cold before finger of death)

Cold spell critical chance (74%):
5% Magical training
21% Equipment bonus from Legendary pendant of the azure sea
5% Insightful bonus to universal spell critical chance from Essence of popura's memento
6% Artifact bonus to universal spell critical chance from Legendary elder’s knowledge set
6% Artifact bonus to cold spell critical chance from Legendary hruit’s influence set
5% Exceptional bonus to universal spell critical chance from Dinosaur bone quarterstaff
2% Exceptional bonus to cold spell critical chance from Legendary pendant of the azure sea
2% Feydark illusionist
8% Season’s herald
9% Energy criticals
5% Frozen wanderer filigree set

Cold spell critical damage multiplier (105):
15% Epic spell power cold
5% Epic spell power force
5% Epic spell power positive
5% Epic spell power electricity
25% Scion of the plane of water
15% Legendary bonus from Legendary elder’s knowledge set
20% Enhancement bonus from Dinosaur bone cloak
10% Insight bonus from Dinosaur bone cloak
5% Quality bonus from Dinosaur bone cloak

Enhancements:
Wv1s30O.png

Epic destiny:
JUOaMfO.png

Update 59 R10 quests

Ravenloft:
Into the mists

Feywild:
The knight who cried windmill
Wake me up inside

Isle of dread:
All hail the king

Lordsmarch plaza
Assault on summerfield
Blockade buster
Frame work

Sharn - clifftop tower district:
Lost at sea
A sharn welcome

The lost gatekeepers:
The sacred bounty
Rosemary's ballad
Heart of the problem

Last edited:

DeathTitan

Everyone not a Feydark Sorc struggles with DCs in Legendary Droaam.

Published in the videos section solo runs of Blockade buster, Frame work, Assault on summerfield quests at R10 difficulty.

From my tests:
- with 128 evocation DC spells that have fortitude saves almost always land;
- with 117 necromancy DC I was able to always instant kill archers (and also casters if I'm not wrong), but I was never able to instant kill melee orcs unless they rolled a 1;
- with 114 illusion I had a good chance to hold despair reapers.

Last edited:

Spook

Given your fondness for temporary hitpoints im surprised you didnt go shifter

+7 Wis + 1200 temporary hp vs 3 Evo + Conj DC + 3 Breath DC 30 cold spell power +2 max caster level

Net:
+3 Illusion/Ench/Necro/Trans DC +1200 temp hp vs 3 breath DC + 30 cold spell power +2 max caster level

DeathTitan

Given your fondness for temporary hitpoints im surprised you didnt go shifter

+7 Wis + 1200 temporary hp vs 3 Evo + Conj DC + 3 Breath DC 30 cold spell power +2 max caster level

Net:
+3 Illusion/Ench/Necro/Trans DC +1200 temp hp vs 3 breath DC + 30 cold spell power +2 max caster level

Dragonborn has also dragon breath SLA that deals from 550 to 1700 area of effect damage at R10 difficulty (double than that if they do not save, but they always save it because it's charisma based) and I almost always play with cone spells.

I also like the dragonborn cosmetic when he keeps a quarterstaff with only 1 hand while not fighting.

with shifter I would have the same evocation DC (with great wisdom +1 instead of epic spell focus evocation, otherwise wisdom would be Odd), +4 more illusion/necro/transmutation DC and more temporary hit points.

For now I prefer +30 cold spell power and +2 caster level/max caster level with cold spells over +4 DC to my "secondary" school spells and more temporary hit points (if I'm not wrong I also see +3 constitution in the shifter tree).

Also remember that with update 59 casters got a huge nerf and preferring shifter defensive abilities over offensive dragonborn abilities would be not so wise in my opinion (especially while playing in group where the other melee players are often frontline).

Do you know if I have to dismiss rage and recast rage to regain my temporary hit points when enemies will remove them from me? (I'm already wasting a lot of time to keep my temporary hit points alive).

Let's say that shifter additional temp hit points would probably allow me to survive one more hit (mobs hit me for 1600 damage and blood feast filigrees would give me 1000 temp hit points if I'm not wrong).

The objective of temporary hit points is to get hit once without touching my real hit points, to be hit twice and that would affect my real hit points, in that case I'm doing a big mistake or mobs did double strike; if I'm hit 3 times then I'm probably dead or almost dead.

Last edited:

Spook

Blood Feast gives 1200 hit points 100 for each epic and legendary level. It is much better than shard storm because it has 100% uptime and can be refreshed on demand (I currently have both and if i was to give up either it would be shard storm). Yes you would need to cancel rage to regain the temp hp the advantage of having both is surviving something like Scythemaw's roar on r10

DeathTitan

Blood Feast gives 1200 hit points 100 for each epic and legendary level. It is much better than shard storm because it has 100% uptime and can be refreshed on demand (I currently have both and if i was to give up either it would be shard storm). Yes you would need to cancel rage to regain the temp hp the advantage of having both is surviving something like Scythemaw's roar on r10

I have enough temporary hit points to almost always survive Scythemaw's roar on r10 anyway, also with the help of protection from elements mass which has double effect with primal avatar.

1200 hit points from blood feast are nice but I can't give up the additional dragonborn dps for now.

I published now All hail the king R10.

Last edited:

Petit

Hello.
One thing I dont undersant in your build, is that you seems to have many Dino Bone items.. But when I check Wiki I see them as minor artefacts ? Wherte am I wrong ( I think I am as ur buil is so precise, must be me :p)

Darkspyre2000

Hello.
One thing I dont undersant in your build, is that you seems to have many Dino Bone items.. But when I check Wiki I see them as minor artefacts ? Wherte am I wrong ( I think I am as ur buil is so precise, must be me :p)
Aside from the weapons which can be sentient but not minor artifacts, there are only 2 dino bone crafted items (boots & cloak). Boots (+ Belt, Bracers, Gloves, Necklace & Ring) are considered Minor Artifacts. Cloaks (+ Helm) are considered Accessories, can only be found in the Raid and can be upgraded into Set items.

DeathTitan

Hello.
as Darkspyre2000 said, there is only 1 minor artifact in my equipment (currently dinosaur bone boots).

DeathTitan

it would be tempting to fit the new artificer epic destiny to equip runearms.
Anyone knows if it's possible to alchemical craft Toven's prototype with alchemical wisdom +2 and improved cold augmentation and impulse +148 and Kinetic Lore +22% ?

magnetism + electric lore + Improved Electric Augmentation IX + master of the wilds feat = call lightning cast at level 23, level 20 salt ray, longer duration of call lightning storm (is call lightning storm damage capped?)

Correct if I'm wrong if I say that Toven's prototype could become just regular bracers with the new artificer epic destiny.

Last edited:

DeathTitan

Rune arms break Druidic oath so not viable on a cold druid
thank you for the information, I didn't know that.

Yes Fisto, I just read that on Wiki: I read that Toven's Hammer rune arm is "Made from Gem" which should be a natural material.

Maybe vecna expansion will give us a cool wooden rune arm

Last edited: