Devs Broke Tumble..

Tscheuss

The devs broke Tumble, and now they have the nerve to send me a VIP sub renewal notice?
Fix Tumble, then maybe we can talk about paying for another year. :p

Kimbere

It was experimental. The experiment was completed.
Nope.

Sure, they changed it for the experiment but then when the experiment was over, they changed it to something worse than both the experimental AND the original versions.

If you experiment with something and it doesn't work out, you should put it back to the original until you come up with a better idea.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I like the new Tumble. For me, what was broken was the experimental version, even though it was admittedly fun. So this is fixed rather than broken, from this perspective. YMMV 👍

PS I seriously doubt it's gonna get changed now anyway as there have been a ton of threads about it to no effect that way.

TavernBrawler

Tonquin's legacy continues. First it was non-named loot decimated. Now it is Tumble. What next - stay tuned to the next episode of DBZ.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I loathe the new tumble. OK, it got a little better when the pause was removed, but it still annoys me. But I doubt it'll be changed at this point.

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
I like the new Tumble. For me, what was broken was the experimental version, even though it was admittedly fun. So this is fixed rather than broken, from this perspective. YMMV 👍

PS I seriously doubt it's gonna get changed now anyway as there have been a ton of threads about it to no effect that way.
And for me, what was not broken was the version before the experimental version.

EinarMal

Agree it's terrible. If you have tumble as a class skill and spend two feats it's semi- usable. For everyone else it's awful.

The recharge rate is also a scam, it is not 8s when you spend a charge, it is 8s for each charge. Even if you have 5 charges and burn them fast, it will take 30-40s to get them all back.

Col Kurtz

cant stand that tumble charge icon, but its even cooler now since it's more like a mystery ability...maybe I have a charge? whatever. Adapt and Overcome ! don't let a tumble problem trip you up;)

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
Tonquin's legacy continues. First it was non-named loot decimated. Now it is Tumble. What next - stay tuned to the next episode of DBZ.
Just walk away and put tumble back. Put aside the ego, the fear, the shame, whatever it is, and just put it back. No one is gonna judge or point a finger or even remember. Just put tumble back. People will be talking about the next thing that happens right away. Instead, everyone remembers this stubbornness to maintain a mistake.

EinarMal

Just walk away and put tumble back. Put aside the ego, the fear, the shame, whatever it is, and just put it back. No one is gonna judge or point a finger or even remember. Just put tumble back. People will be talking about the next thing that happens right away. Instead, everyone remembers this stubbornness to maintain a mistake.
Unfortunately it's par for the course for this dev team. Over and over again they make a mistake, like the Shiradi spell proc rate, based on poor math, and never change it back.

voenixa121

Don't take away my 95% dodge button please. What's the problem with tumble now? Not enough charges? I haven't run out in combat yet.