Dlord multiclass suggestions please!

Scrag

I am really comfortable with dlord. I have no problem making really solid pure dlords that just kick butt.

I am wonder though, what about a darkhunter/dlord? How many levels of each? Maybe 6 dlord/14 dark hunter? Or the opposite, 16dlord, 4 dark hunter? (have to check what feats you get by 4 as a dh). Bow strength + str trance?

What about 6dlord/14 pally for holy sword? Unsure what the enhancement split here would be.

I saw the 18 dlord/1/1 (or /2) builds, but it seems a high price to pay since you lose dlord capstone instakill.

Really curious what kind of things people are enjoying out there. I liked the idea of the x7 longsword twf build using the two sword fishs from freds first date... but I would have to farm another item I think. I have the chefs apron, and thats it.

Reactions: DBZ

unbongwah

A few ideas:
  • You can sub Dragon Lord for barbarian on builds like SDK rogue 12 / DLord 5 / bard 3 using handaxes. Apart from +2 crit multiplier, DLord gives a couple extra feats, STR Battle Trance, and Greater Dragon's Roar.
  • DLord 5 / paladin 15 - slot Zeal and Holy Sword for net +1 crit range +2 crit multiplier. T5 Dlord, T4 KotC. Could also work with cleric or Dark Apostate.
  • DLord 5 / ranger 12 - T5 Dlord + level 12 DWS core also gives +1 crit range +2 crit multiplier. Regular ranger gives better Favored Enemies and Evasion; Dark Hunter gives trap skills and extra sneak attacks. Last 3 levels gives some flexibility, like Dark Apostate for Apostate's Curse or barbarian for runspeed and Rage.
  • Gnome Artificer 12 / DLord 6 / rogue 2 - light repeaters have 16-20/x4 critical threat range from T5 DLord + T4 racial Weapon Training. You'll lose Thunder-Shock Weapon AoE and have to take a lot of filler APs from DLord (not much for ranged toons).

Always trying to make the unusual work here.
Did the SF 14, DL 5, M 1
Now seeing if we can make 12 Wlk, 5 DL, 3 Bard work. swf swash, buckler, aura, major in DL ench, minor in Swash and ES

I know it's not super optimal. My splits rarely are ;J just curious as to how to make the best of of *** builds in general. Its the part of DDO i most enjoy
The SF split is bad with handwraps at 20, but works well with longswords GMoF, lots of imbue, generates ki, can spam aoe's. Is a bit squishy
The fishy ki SF longsword whirling steel GMoF is something to think on. I would split as 14 SF, 5 DL, 1 M still. Dont see a better split for that idea as of yet

I still need to unlock favor for more straight forward builds that use falconry, harper, fey, etc.. so it's mostly theory crafting without full enhancement trees here. Makes it more complicated, but that is what I enjoy about DDO. Making weird work

For that split, Dragxon has the best setup I have seen posted so far.. I ran through as handwraps to lvl 19 then Lesser heart of wood into longswords for lvl 19+ holy sword, roar, generates ki for more aoe, displacement, lots of imbue. fishy swords could help optimize it. I did it as CHA based, he has done as Str, either will work till 20 at least. The roar and tier 5 in general seems like a good reason to have lvl 5 DL. SF gives a lot at t4 and below. See Dragxon's build for SF, DL. 14 for holy sword, 5 to max DL tree, 1 Mnk for Ki and stances​

Dragxon

Active member​

I have tried a couple Dragon Lord builds since the update and this has been the highest dps build of them and probably the best raid dps build I have played period. Its not quite as good in R10s as the top tier dps but it is right below them.

This not a new player friendly build and very skill intensive because you need to play very well to survive situations as it is a squishy build.

My current mentality for builds is that it should strength based and either be raging for the extra strength or be centered in master of sun stance for the extra crit multi on 19-20. This build came from that rule and I am very happy with it.

Aasimar 14 Sacred Fist, 5 Dragon Lord, 1 Monk, GMoF (36), SD (23), FS (14)

Scrag

Anything with sneak attack dice and imbues
Hmm.

For that split, Dragxon has the best setup I have seen posted so far.. I ran through as handwraps to lvl 19 then Lesser heart of wood into longswords for lvl 19+ holy sword, roar, generates ki for more aoe, displacement, lots of imbue. fishy swords could help optimize it. I did it as CHA based, he has done as Str, either will work till 20 at least. The roar and tier 5 in general seems like a good reason to have lvl 5 DL. SF gives a lot at t4 and below. See Dragxon's build for SF, DL. 14 for holy sword, 5 to max DL tree, 1 Mnk for Ki and stances​

Dragxon

Active member​

I have tried a couple Dragon Lord builds since the update and this has been the highest dps build of them and probably the best raid dps build I have played period. Its not quite as good in R10s as the top tier dps but it is right below them.

This not a new player friendly build and very skill intensive because you need to play very well to survive situations as it is a squishy build.

My current mentality for builds is that it should strength based and either be raging for the extra strength or be centered in master of sun stance for the extra crit multi on 19-20. This build came from that rule and I am very happy with it.

Aasimar 14 Sacred Fist, 5 Dragon Lord, 1 Monk, GMoF (36), SD (23), FS (14)
I grouped with dragon last night. I don't see the link to the build I wlill look for it. He was pretty crazy insane.

Edit: I had looked at his build before. Having seen it in action was an eye opener. I wonder what I can take from his build. It is pretty amazing.

droid327

Blight Knight - 15 Wiz/5 Dlord STR based Acid EK PM with Falchion

You get enough feats for THFx3, IC, Prec, Dodge/Mob/WWA, Stunning Blow, plus Extend Quicken Max Empower, and enough AP for T5 Dlord, T4 EK, splash PM splash Stal Def, so solid all around with full melee plus decent supplementary casting damage.

Cant really cast anything with a save, since you'll be STR based, but Acid (Melfs, Rain, BDB) and Force DOTs (AT) work fine, plus you can break acid immunes, and you'll have Roar for CC plus Undead immunities and healing.

Scrag

Blight Knight - 15 Wiz/5 Dlord STR based Acid EK PM with Falchion

You get enough feats for THFx3, IC, Prec, Dodge/Mob/WWA, Stunning Blow, plus Extend Quicken Max Empower, and enough AP for T5 Dlord, T4 EK, splash PM splash Stal Def, so solid all around with full melee plus decent supplementary casting damage.

Cant really cast anything with a save, since you'll be STR based, but Acid (Melfs, Rain, BDB) and Force DOTs (AT) work fine, plus you can break acid immunes, and you'll have Roar for CC plus Undead immunities and healing.
I was just thinking about 15/5 wiz this morning... It seems like it would be pretty fun, and comes with some goodness for imbue dice and things.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

i ran a 16/3/1 DL/bard/warlock (or rouge for cheaps) SDK with handaxes. that was a great build. i also cooked up a 12/5/3 arti rouge DL repeater build. yeah it only spends 6 points in DL for imbue, but it should be solid nonetheless (whether that's a dragonlord build is up to you)

Scrag

i ran a 16/3/1 DL/bard/warlock (or rouge for cheaps) SDK with handaxes. that was a great build. i also cooked up a 12/5/3 arti rouge DL repeater build. yeah it only spends 6 points in DL for imbue, but it should be solid nonetheless (whether that's a dragonlord build is up to you)
This also seems pretty cool; I did a bardbarian in the past, but my fey handaxe is unfortunately bound to the wrong character. :/

DBZ

The one ravenloft axe has special bonuses for being off handed not to bad when it was cap

Scrag

The one ravenloft axe has special bonuses for being off handed not to bad when it was cap
I have that one! :) What would you put in main hand? Since you wouldnt be able to roll swashbuckler, would you use something else for those 3 levels?

Scrag

Magma i love the smell of magma in the morning smells like victory
Yeah that is the one I don't have. :) I am pretty positive I have an attuned dino handaxe though.

Where would you get multi, or threat? It is an either or in dlord/rav, and knights training/plowshares do not boost threat or multi for handaxes.

There some magic sauce I am missing? Would any slashing weapon in primary work?

DBZ

Dryads are easy to farm only a couple runes can sw one

Magmas unique 1 stupid rune arm 1 axe that won't work with spells and or dragon armor

unbongwah

Another idea (possibly for next Hardcore season): Warforged wizard 12 / Dragonlord 6 / barbarian 2 as a F2P self-sufficient melee DPSer. T5 DL, T4 EK, T2 FB (Blood Tribute, Angry Arms). In epics you can use barbarian Rage with Draconic Rage so you don't block spellcasting.