Does anybody run Reaper...

Coffey

I was wondering if any actually get 20 Reaper points in Heroics or if most go to cap then farm gear out before attempting it?

Curious to know because i have heard a lot of people flapping their gums about HCL being too easy.

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It's likely safer to do elite to cap, farm gear, and then do reapers. But what people find fun vs safest is a different beast.

Sylvado

I was wondering if any actually get 20 Reaper points in Heroics or if most go to cap then farm gear out before attempting it?

Curious to know because i have heard a lot of people flapping their gums about HCL being too easy.
Getting Level 20 and 1750 favor rewards is not difficult, you just need the time to do it. 5000 favor and reaper is a challenge for most players, then there is the leader board. Then you get players that earn wings in an HC season, so it is a very wide range.

Reglad

Last season i played 2 characters, 1 for the favor and farming gear for my second (reaper) character. For me it was a very good season so i will do the same this season: Rush the reaper character to 29 to get use of the bis gear and start r4. I did not run any heroic reaper quests. BUT thats what worked good for me, i cant and dont say this is the best way to do it for everyone 😉

Sarlona Raiding

Without an xp potion or vip bonus I haven't ever reached 10 points running most heroic content R1 on a first-lifer, although it's close and with new content it might be possible. Pushing difficulty to R2 and/or using potions/VIP would make 10 points easily reachable, but not 20 reaper points. There are quite a few heroic encounters where getting hit with a disintegrate and rolling a 1 is highly likely to result in death, although this can happen below reaper as well. What I found with hardcore pugs is that there is almost always someone that will charge the room, get aggro, assume all the risk and sometimes die. Don't be that person if you want to run heroic reaper. You don't need to be reckless to carry benefit the party.

Some people buy store beholder crystals for all beholder encounters to reduce risk and I've been told the lesser crystals work better so use those - although I don't have the details as I don't buy those. If you are in a group things go down so fast you should get alot of use out of one crystal.

Mary

There are many groups that run heroic reaper and some enjoy it very much. On Hardcore with no gear and no economy, it can be very challenging and some really like that.

Personally, if I go after a reaper reward, I go to lvl 32 and run reapers in legendaries with the groups there. People generally run R1-R5 with the usual legendary group doing R4. With all your epic power and destinies, it's generally safer to stay alive than heroics when you have little power and not much gear.

But its a personal choice - play what you like -