Does Hireling Active Bar actually work? If so, how?

Toede

There is no Hireling Active Bar 1, slot 8. There is a Hireling Bar 1, slot 8 and there is a slot 8 for the Hireling Active Bar, which is not numbered. Mapping any key to any Hireling Active Bar slot does absolutely nothing.

Archest

Hireling_Hotbar_Keymapping.png

This is slot 1, 2 , 3 and 4 of hire bar 1

maybe if i were to guess and you get a 2nd hire than there are a list of hire bar 2 i only used 1 hire
i did map it after entering the quest and summoning a hire

canicus

maybe if i were to guess and you get a 2nd hire than there are a list of hire bar 2 i only used 1 hire
This is completely unrelated to the OP, the issue is the Active Hireling Bar. Just type Active in the search in keymappings and you will see what the OP is about.

Archest

1st set Hireling Bar 1 to 5 , slot 1 to 10 is for each hireling
2nd set Active Hireling Bar is a set to select from a single set of 10 universal custom keys mapped for all hirelings, effects only the selected hire in focus but focus needs to be set for which one by targeting the hire
3rd is unknown since you hold ctrl and then mouse click for any slot to be applied to all the hires.

Last edited:

canicus

ok there are 5 hire bars from the options menu under Hire numbered bar 1 to 5
then there are hire bar slot 1 to 0
then finally there in a all harling's interact key

your looking at the 10 - hireling active bar slots 1 to 0
so you can key map to the active hire with focus
so you need to set focus to hire bar ( I would think any of them ) by mouse click to highlight the hire in your examine window.
then hit the key mapped to the slot (/) hireling active bar slots 1 to 0
making sure to hit the right key that is actually mapped for all the hires,
in this case if you map slot 8 to /
once you select the hire you can hit the key and it should use action mapped to the action bar slot number.

1st set is for each hireling
2nd set is a set to select from universal custom key mapping for all hirelings, effects only the selected hire in focus but focus needs to be set for which one by targeting the hire
3rd is unknown since you hold ctrl and then mouse click for any slot to be applied to all the hires.
This is a big info dump and I'm not sure if you get the problem yet. But in all of this you don't say whether you have actually tried to use the Active Hireling hotkeys. A bunch of people have tried and found it doesn't work. Can you confirm they work for you? The above just sounds like theory, which is not the problem. We know how to use the hotkeys, the problem is it isn't working. I appreciate that you are trying to help but what we need is confirmation that you get the hotkeys to work, and then we can discuss what you are doing different.

canicus

I tried targeting the hireling (which would not be useful since how would you cast cure on yourself if you have to have the hireling targeted) and the hotkeys still do not work.

Archest

I tried targeting the hireling (which would not be useful since how would you cast cure on yourself if you have to have the hireling targeted) and the hotkeys still do not work.
only one I could get to work was hotbar 1 to 5 slot 1 to 0

Last edited:

Ellisaria

I initially thought the op was discussing what you screencapped too. I was able to get what you are discussing to work easily enough. If you scroll past what you screencapped there, you'll see another set of binds with for 'hireling active bar'. Op was referring to those.

trashcanhands

ok I used 1 hire so it was key mapped to "Hireling Active Bar 1, Slot # 8"
I entre the quest called the hire changed the key map of Hireling Active Bar 1 key press at slot #8 "/"
this was a summon monster on the hires tool bar.
I closed the mapper and options panel and pressed / and a summoned monster appeared.
I think the issue your running into is maybe the keys your trying to use to map are dedicated and cant be used.
I think the problem he's having is when you have multiple hirelings, but are using the combined hireling bar i.e. the one with up and down arrows that allow you to select which hireling bar is 'active'. If you're using this setup, the Hireling Active Bar key-binds do not seem to work properly.