Downtime Notice: Wednesday, August 16th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan

Community Manager
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, August 16th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 61: Vecna Unleashed. Read the release notes on DDO.com. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Last edited:

Buddha5440

I'm done, for good. QP nerf, making my chosen race of years and far too many past lives redundant, too far.
Kobold really hates you.
giphy.gif

Thanks for playing...You will be missed(?). :)

Dunspartacus

Sad that the archmage SLAs never got a buff doubt ill ever pick them, that said I'm still hyped to play the rest of buffed archmage come tomorrow.

Nickodeamous

so, which one is is right? The way I read it is that you are lowering the boost to +2 vs. +4 on a save. But the section saying known issue states that it is granting +2 DCs instead of +4?? So, Are you keeping it at +4 like it is now? Or are you lowering it to 2???

• Class: Monk
    • Quivering Palm has a new DC formula: DC 10 + monk level + highest of Dex or Wis mod + assassinate bonuses.
    • It also now gains +2 DC on a failed saving throw.
or

Known Issues:​

• The DC boost portion of Quivering Palm is currently granting +2 DCs instead of +4

Fabo

So QP is nerfed, No more tactical bonuses for DC from trance ? Or they just added assasinate to DC ? In that case its buffed

Elifre

I'm not sure why you'd be upset with the update. Other than a small change to QP which seems to have been made to make it more consistent with other mechanics, it just seems like this update is introducing new content, buffing a lot of builds, and fixing bugs. Pretty great if you ask me.

gravisrs

From DDO EU servers
I'm done, for good. QP nerf, making my chosen race of years and far too many past lives redundant, too far.
Kobold really hates you.

Just wear Devilscale Bracers (alot of assasinate DC total) and you're back on track.

Karadon

Old Paladin
Just wear Devilscale Bracers (alot of assasinate DC total) and you're back on track.

Nah, his beef wasn't that the formula change was great and better for most, it was that he felt he wasted money and time specifically powering his only game character based on a single ability.

And for some reason not assuming that this one ability in an MMO would never be changed at any time in the future is a more volatile assumption than crypto investments.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Thank you for taking player feedback during Lamannia and adding a Fatespinner to the Morgrave University public area.

Please, do the same in Wynwood Hall.

Blerkington

Not sure why, but the weapon information at the bottom of the inventory screen now seems to be greatly underreporting to hit and damage values. At least it is for my capped dagger-using melee rogue.

Some brief testing with the magefire cannon on my airship suggests this might just be a display issue for the to-hit figure at least. When I swing at it, the d20 die roll icon seems to be showing a to-hit modifier around where it should be.

I'm aware that the to-hit number on the inventory panel fluctuates but right now it looks as if it's 25-35 points below where it should be. The displayed damage bonus seems to be about 15 points below where it should be too.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else is noticing this.

Edit: Bug report with screenshots submitted.

Last edited:

Buddha5440

Its a buff to the floor but a nerf to the ceiling
The "ceiling" is already running R10 Solo...they do not need a buff. The "floor" is being almost forced to run in reaper (or solo) with no chance to learn the quest or the game but just stay in the back (or backpack when they become a soulstone).

You do not buff what is already at the top.