Downtime Notice: Wednesday, June 14th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

dogonovo

@Cordovan Hello and I hope you are having a good day,

Seeing as the release notes for update 59.3 are up and there is a mention of a fix to an issue that was widely discussed by the community (ranged attack speed), I would like to ask you if at the very least a comment on this other issue will be given to the community: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/something-seems-off-post-u59.415/

While the attack speed issue can at most make very low levels safer, the other issue seemingly affects everyone, and grows exponentially as levels also get higher.

I'm using "seemingly" as it is the heart of the matter as I see it, so far the community has not had a single word from SSG staff on whether the "issue" exists at all, was something added/caused to the game, is a perception bias, nothing. So far it has literally been detail/math oriented folks trying to piece information together from ingame tests, shooting in the dark at something they don't even know it is a target, or a shadow.

I'll venture a guess that the vast majority of the community is understanding towards human limitations regarding workload, recent very sad news and loss for SSG and the community (not to mention the family in question), and what can or should be discussed on the forums, but I'll again venture to guess that most, like me, do not extend that understanding (not without some user/customer disappointment) to not having any word on such a experience/game changing matter.

Thank you.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut

Seeing as the release notes for update 59.3 are up and there is a mention of a fix to an issue that was widely discussed by the community (ranged attack speed), I would like to ask you if at the very least a comment on this other issue will be given to the community: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/something-seems-off-post-u59.415/

While the attack speed issue can at most make very low levels safer, the other issue seemingly affects everyone, and grows exponentially as levels also get higher.

I'm using "seemingly" as it is the heart of the matter as I see it, so far the community has not had a single word from SSG staff on whether the "issue" exists at all, was something added/caused to the game, is a perception bias, nothing. So far it has literally been detail/math oriented folks trying to piece information together from ingame tests, shooting in the dark at something they don't even know it is a target, or a shadow.

I'll venture a guess that the vast majority of the community is understanding towards human limitations regarding workload, recent very sad news and loss for SSG and the community (not to mention the family in question), and what can or should be discussed on the forums, but I'll again venture to guess that most, like me, do not extend that understanding (not without some user/customer disappointment) to not having any word on such a experience/game changing matter.

Thank you.
I've been watching that thread and have more or less given up on it since we haven't heard anything from SSG.

That being said, thanks for bringing it up again.

That aside, yes, it would be helpful if someone from SSG could at least acknowledge that an issue exists or doesn't exist. 🤞

Aggy

(Check back tomorrow for some information that will be posted here about a new Store offer!)
Is it Otto's Boxes? :)

Aelonwy

1IRdX0z.jpg

;p

comfy

the comfortable
Gold eyes and feet rewards now persist through logout, and you no longer need to constantly return to the NPC to have them reapplied after a logout.
I am sad I can no longer have both "Treasure Follows You!" and "Death Follows You" simultaneously active. It created a very interesting and unique sparkly red footprints effect. :cry:

Yavool

Thank you.

When I read the patch notes saying the devs were addressing the ranged attack speed issue, I was hopeful. It doesn't make any sense to write it in the downtime patch notes if it isn't going to be addressed.
I don't pretend to know the difficulties that maintaining a seventeen-year-old game requires. All I know is that my level 10 Bladeforged Inquisitive shoots its dual heavy crossbows quick-ish with the feats and enhancments that an Inquisitive takes, and that *any* time I get hasted, reconstructed, or communion of scribed, my attack speed goes back to as if I was just washing up on shore on Korthos Island (lay on hands does not affect attack speed). The *only* solution is to log out mid-quest and log back in, in which the game sees the feats and enhancements again and my attack speed returns. At minimum, this is a major inconvenience for a self-repair Bladeforged, especially on Hardcore, where the entire build is based on communion of scribing.

-yav

Pync

@Cordovan This update broke something for me, my game won't start on 64bit. After the screen with orange dragon graphics that says DDO, it just vanishes, no error message, nothing. It was running fine earlier, I was playing 15m before the downtime, closed my laptop and opened later and downloaded the game...so nothing has changed on my end. Checked on PC too, same problem. It loaded on both PC and laptop when I switched to 32bit.

Buddha5440

Go to the Windows"Event Viewer", wait for it to populate and look for anything that logged at the time you CtD'd. That will lead you to what caused the issue. It also wouldn't hurt to do a system file scan (SFC /scannow). Also, check your drivers and, if all fails, do a Repair from the DDO client.