Dragon Lord Multi

Fleming

Which you could already do with pure barbarian, except it would have dps :)

Though the instakill would have been limited by rage chages between shrines.

FuzzyDuck81

Swashbuckler/DL (rather than the current frenzied berserker version) swf handaxe user. Something like a 2 rogue/4 bard/14 Dragonlord. Enhancements-wise, primarily dragonlord, enough in swashbuckler to get that stance then some assassin to get the bonus imbue dice. Shadar-kai for the chain attack & sneak attack dice. Depending on APs remaining & racial APs available, you could go with macrotechnic for rune arm use in epic levels then take the swashbuckling stuff to boost that for more imbue dice or spend them elsewhere in whatever else fits & is useful. Main destiny as shadowdancer for improved evasion, solid dodge, concealment & incorporeality so you'd have a very evasive & mobile character which is capable of delivering a very solid thwack with regular attacks against single or multiple targets & have access to a few additional handy tricks. Could work as either basic STR based or go CHA based with some feydark illusionist to lean more into blending in some casting capabilities like colour spray for crowd control and weird for the aoe instakill.

Last edited:

WuHu

Swashbuckler/DL (rather than the current frenzied berserker version) swf handaxe user. Something like a 2 rogue/4 bard/14 Dragonlord. Enhancements-wise, primarily dragonlord, enough in swashbuckler to get that stance then some assassin to get the bonus imbue dice. Shadar-kai for the chain attack & sneak attack dice. Depending on APs remaining & racial APs available, you could go with macrotechnic for rune arm use in epic levels then take the swashbuckling stuff to boost that for more imbue dice or spend them elsewhere in whatever else fits & is useful. Main destiny as shadowdancer for improved evasion, solid dodge, concealment & incorporeality so you'd have a very evasive & mobile character which is capable of delivering a very solid thwack with regular attacks against single or multiple targets & have access to a few additional handy tricks. Could work as either basic STR based or go CHA based with some feydark illusionist to lean more into blending in some casting capabilities like colour spray for crowd control and weird for the aoe instakill.
Great idea! I seem to be seeing a lot of these Shadar-kai builds running around, that chain is pretty bonkers :p

glass_jaws

I have a few ideas I want to try.

Half-orc Dragonlord 20. Focus on the helpless damage boost. Really needs racial completionist for all those points to get the half orc helpless and attack. Direcharge, Dragon shout, Dreadnought mantle for more helpless damage, etc.

Purple Dragonlord. This is pretty obvious, but Purple Dragonknight + Dragonlord. Should be great tactics DCs. This does require a lesser TR to do since you have to switch your fighter type.

Gnome swashie/dragonlord. Lightpicks with that x6 crit multi, SWF, good tactics, etc.

General bard 12/dragonlord 8 two handed fighting warchanter. Probably go falchion for the 15-20/x4. Charisma based for the crazy tactics for the warchanter freeze and dragon shout.

Honestly I think Dragonlord might be the template I use for a melee character racial/class completionist base. 8 Dragonlord/12 Whatever.

WuHu

I have a few ideas I want to try.

Half-orc Dragonlord 20. Focus on the helpless damage boost. Really needs racial completionist for all those points to get the half orc helpless and attack. Direcharge, Dragon shout, Dreadnought mantle for more helpless damage, etc.

Purple Dragonlord. This is pretty obvious, but Purple Dragonknight + Dragonlord. Should be great tactics DCs. This does require a lesser TR to do since you have to switch your fighter type.

Gnome swashie/dragonlord. Lightpicks with that x6 crit multi, SWF, good tactics, etc.

General bard 12/dragonlord 8 two handed fighting warchanter. Probably go falchion for the 15-20/x4. Charisma based for the crazy tactics for the warchanter freeze and dragon shout.

Honestly I think Dragonlord might be the template I use for a melee character racial/class completionist base. 8 Dragonlord/12 Whatever.
I only have 2 racial points, but I'm def going Half-orc for that. Besides, Dragon Lord has a utility tree and two tank trees. It needs a dps tree, and that is where the Half-orc comes in.
Thanks for the good idea :)

droid327

17-20/x6 on swash light pick is just obscene, especially as it still leaves 12 free levels and grants enough bonus feats for dodge mob ww

Mickeymouse

17-20/x6 on swash light pick is just obscene, especially as it still leaves 12 free levels and grants enough bonus feats for dodge mob ww
was nothing stopping that build pre-DL and servers wasn´t exactly spammed by them. (not saying its bad or anything)

Reactions: woq

Alternative

How dare you, an archetype is a new way to experience a class. Same as sacred fist is different from 18/2 kotc/Monk because it doesnt have trance!

Mickeymouse

I spotted a twf, tower shield proficient, bow strenght AND x-bow build in the harbor tonight .. maybe that is good, diverse well rounded build? (that guys leveling experience flashed before my eyes)

Archaic

At first glance Dragon Lord looks like a Dragon Stew with elements of Barbarian and Paladin in its own spice.

droid327

was nothing stopping that build pre-DL and servers wasn´t exactly spammed by them. (not saying its bad or anything)

Bardbarian before could do it, but you were limited by lack of AOE...Swash/DL picks plus WWA is what kicks it up a notch

jwel

Currently building either a 15/5 or 14/6 paladin dl swf longsword. I haven't decided on which is the better option yet but it basically boils down to 10 ds vs core 3 and a feat. Anyone know if adrenaline works with the trance?

Hectic

I'm currently on my second life of Shadar Kai 12Ftr/5Rog/3Bard, Strength based, SWF, Handaxe. I just came back after a 2+ year break and don't have any IOD/Vecna gear. I'm using Sharn Part of the Family, with a RL handaxe. I didn't bother swapping my sentient, so no sentient. I was able to comfortably solo R4 Legendary Sharn. Mass AOE stun causing great CC and helpless on basically everything with a very nice range on it + chains = absolute carnage. The difficulty of pushing past R4 would have more to do with squishiness/self-healing than damage because it tears through R4 mobs and bosses no problem and the DCs on the roar are crazy high will save.

The first life I leveled with Forester's Brush Hook and had a 12-20x5. That was really fun for leveling, rips through mobs, no need to make them helpless first on R1 (found it better than the Litany axe with its 15-20x6), but costs two feats and falls off end game, so this life I decided I would save those feats and get WW for a little additional AOE damage at end game. Literally out killing sorcs while leveling on this build. It was my first chains build, so I guess this is old news to everyone else by now.

I went Dragonlord: 36, Falconry: 24, Swash: 11, Racial: 18. Could drop falconry helpless damage if you don't have enough racial PLs.