Dragon Lord Multi

Mickeymouse

Currently building either a 15/5 or 14/6 paladin dl swf longsword. I haven't decided on which is the better option yet but it basically boils down to 10 ds vs core 3 and a feat. Anyone know if adrenaline works with the trance?
wny not 14/5/1?

jwel

wny not 14/5/1?
Which 1 were you thinking? 1 wlk is marginal vs the others and requires a feat and points. 1 monk requires a ton of feats if you are doing it for dodge and seems like a lot for the gain. Can't think of any other 1 split that's worth while.

Archaic

I'm currently on my second life of Shadar Kai 12Ftr/5Rog/3Bard, Strength based, SWF, Handaxe. I just came back after a 2+ year break and don't have any IOD/Vecna gear. I'm using Sharn Part of the Family, with a RL handaxe. I didn't bother swapping my sentient, so no sentient. I was able to comfortably solo R4 Legendary Sharn. Mass AOE stun causing great CC and helpless on basically everything with a very nice range on it + chains = absolute carnage. The difficulty of pushing past R4 would have more to do with squishiness/self-healing than damage because it tears through R4 mobs and bosses no problem and the DCs on the roar are crazy high will save.

The first life I leveled with Forester's Brush Hook and had a 12-20x5. That was really fun for leveling, rips through mobs, no need to make them helpless first on R1 (found it better than the Litany axe with its 15-20x6), but costs two feats and falls off end game, so this life I decided I would save those feats and get WW for a little additional AOE damage at end game. Literally out killing sorcs while leveling on this build. It was my first chains build, so I guess this is old news to everyone else by now.

I went Dragonlord: 36, Falconry: 24, Swash: 11, Racial: 18. Could drop falconry helpless damage if you don't have enough racial PLs.
You ended with "if you don't have enough racial past lives", which was initially misleading when you started with "I am on my second life Shadar Kai"
Which made me initially believe you reincarnated just once, not that you reincarnated many times and this is your second run as a Shadar Kai.
Why that matters is I don't know any who could solo R4 after their first reincarnation and a "newer" player should not have that kind of expectation they should be able to do so their first time right out of the Grove.
I know now that's not what you meant, I am just wondering if there is a way we could differentiate more clearly from being on your second life , and being on your second incarnation of a certain race/class but not your true second life being you reincarnated at least a few times already as the community hasn't made the jargon for it.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

whats the big deal with the 15 or 15 pally split. A: regular pally is probably more fun and maybe better, B: its is not a dragonlord build. it is a build that splashes dragonlord. don't put it in "dragonlord" thread. C:dragonlord is awesome as is, no reason to take pally. Oh boy hoy, you lose 1 crit threat range. just use a kukri, it'll be better than pally anyway

Mickeymouse

Which 1 were you thinking? 1 wlk is marginal vs the others and requires a feat and points. 1 monk requires a ton of feats if you are doing it for dodge and seems like a lot for the gain. Can't think of any other 1 split that's worth while.
Primal scream, adrenaline and stuff like that works with the trance... barb rage and stuff that would flag you for "proper" rage doesn´t.

1 monk for +1 19/20 crit and +3str. Haven´t calculated the feat possibility yet but it shouldn´t be that feat starved.

jwel

Primal scream, adrenaline and stuff like that works with the trance... barb rage and stuff that would flag you for "proper" rage doesn´t.

1 monk for +1 19/20 crit and +3str. Haven´t calculated the feat possibility yet but it shouldn´t be that feat starved.
It would cost you 2 feats net, whirling steel, adept, master, but you get a bonus feat for 1 monk. You can drop it to 1 if you take gmof to get whirling steel, but then you have to give up one of your Ed's, and I was considering DC for the smite buff/Heal but I could pass on it, but I definitely want fury and ld.

So the question would boil down to is 3str and +1 19/20 limited to cloth and cost at least 1 feat worth more than 10 ds and 1 pal cl (I've heard that epic cls are not affecting the pal buff amounts, not sure on that) or 1 imbue dice, 1 tactics DC, 5mp, 3 crit damage, and a feat.

1 monk might be best for dps but it does open a big hole in defenses by limiting you to cloth with no evasion. 50 mrr with no evasion at melee so you eat all the aoes seems like it would be not fun. If I could get monk 2 I think it would be more of a sure thing.

Mickeymouse

It would cost you 2 feats net, whirling steel, adept, master, but you get a bonus feat for 1 monk. You can drop it to 1 if you take gmof to get whirling steel, but then you have to give up one of your Ed's, and I was considering DC for the smite buff/Heal but I could pass on it, but I definitely want fury and ld.

So the question would boil down to is 3str and +1 19/20 limited to cloth and cost at least 1 feat worth more than 10 ds and 1 pal cl (I've heard that epic cls are not affecting the pal buff amounts, not sure on that) or 1 imbue dice, 1 tactics DC, 5mp, 3 crit damage, and a feat.

1 monk might be best for dps but it does open a big hole in defenses by limiting you to cloth with no evasion. 50 mrr with no evasion at melee so you eat all the aoes seems like it would be not fun. If I could get monk 2 I think it would be more of a sure thing.
yepp. in large I don´t think you would notice much difference in the various splits. also, it´s fairly easy to get 70-90 mmr-cap on clothies these days.

Worst part of this build, which is also kinda good, is that you want to be locked in DC that I deem the most boring destiny without a real epic moment.

what weapons are considered the best for this? fellblades?

Last edited:

jwel

yepp. in large I don´t think you would notice much difference in the various splits. also, it´s fairly easy to get 70-90 mmr-cap on clothies these days.

Worst part of this build, which is also kinda good, is that you want to be locked in DC that I deem the most boring destiny without a real epic moment.

what weapons are considered the best for this? fellblades?
Yeah the splits should all be within a couple percent of each other. I don't have fellblades so I was doing just a dinobone with a meltdown and others based on how ill sort out my bypasses. Doj doesn't really get run much so I might just stick to that. If you don't have a prr reducer in the party Dino is probably better in anyevent and with one it might still come close due to the +3 and melt fang dot

drjoans

kinda-known member
12 rogue, 5 dl, 3 bard shadar-kai swf chainz t5 dl dex build
yeah I did a swash/DL/SDK build recently and it was pretty fantastic used the axe of unseen blow all the way to cap for x8 and x7 on chains without the increases on 19-20. Pretty great build. extra helpless in either TA or falconry.

Scrag

I am thinking about doing 3 barb, 16 dlord, (+1 something, wlk?).

~15 FB for 40 strikethrough + supreme cleave
~40 dlord for t5 w/ 20 strkethrough
20++ for rav t4

I am considering pdk life, as that will net me +20 strikethrough w/ 6 ap (have tome)

This gets me 80 strikethrough from enhs, 170 from thf. 40 more from fury. That is 290. 5 from filigree for 295. 10 for gmof (its destiny point expensive!)

How do I get a standing strikethrough past 305?

Thanks!

Also, what would you throw at this? I am a big proponent of runearm + bsword.