Dragon Lord roar questions

Oliphant

When I was leveling I was finding it tricky to get the roar to land. Seems like it goes back decently far away but maybe narrow, and seems to miss mobs most when they are quite close (maybe cone issue). Could be that my DCs were not landing, but not sure and did not document the numbers. I was loading up any tactics or stun enhancements I could and took the two biggest tactics feats. At endgame, still finding it does not completely lock down a room like some people describe but mostly working. Targeting-wise, I'm finding I need to hit escape so I'm not targeting anything or targeting myself to most reliably land it. I'm still assuming its a literal cone as the description says.

The roar is a cone, roughly the same as cone of cold. Best tactic is not to get melee distance close when you hit it. That way the cone has some room to spread and get more of the mobs.

Oliphant

I was getting 134 roar DC in LH raids with bard buffs today. Even more confirming how far back the roar reaches and concluding its definitely good to be farther away for the coneage.

Elminster

I was getting 134 roar DC in LH raids with bard buffs today. Even more confirming how far back the roar reaches and concluding its definitely good to be farther away for the coneage.
134 should hit just about everything. I'm a couple of points behind and I'm almost no failing short of naturals.

DBZ

Is wiki right and why is it scaling off 2 stats strength and charisma isn't that like 200 stat points

Plus stun dcs plus breath weapon dcs

Last edited:

Elminster

Wiki says both

8mqrm6.jpg

droid327

Tumbling backwards first is a good trick for landing cone AOEs. Puts you at just the right distance to catch mobs in front of you, without going too far to hit the ones in the back.

Scrag

Roar is a bunch of hokey bs. It does pretty much everything, even at just 100 dc, before trance. Add in your trance and its like simple nonsense. Nothing really seems to save on it. I can reliably land roar stuns at 22 in legendary fey with junky eq. It is totally the bees knees.

Tilomere

Roar is a bunch of hokey bs. It does pretty much everything, even at just 100 dc, before trance. Add in your trance and its like simple nonsense. Nothing really seems to save on it. I can reliably land roar stuns at 22 in legendary fey with junky eq. It is totally the bees knees.
The DC@20 is enough to hit low will saves through R10. Most things in the game have low will save. Have fun.
Screen-Shot-2024-04-19-004951-0.jpg

Screen-Shot-2024-04-19-005028-0.jpg

Last edited:

I dont Like gimps

The DC@20 is enough to hit low will saves through R10. Most things in the game have low will save. Have fun.

Frankly depending on your split and everything u can prolly be a reliable r10 cc for a vast majority and I dont see casters Holding Blights Lmao
115+ at 21 should be very doable (without sent wepaon memery)

Scrag

You have immensely high stat scores for 22. I was putzing around at 85 dc at 20 as well, and 90 by ~22 just like you (weird that we definitely sat at the same dc at the same level...).

Do you have a ton of past lives or something? It looks like you have a ton of crafted gear there...

Tilomere

Ya, with that's without tactical feats. Cannith crafted lvl 20 set is what I fill in around a few named items. You can pick up your tactical feats at 24 and 27 since there aren't good epic melee feats and that becomes your unbuffed base in town.