Drunken & Dragons

Col Kurtz

Who loves to play DDO and enjoy some Libations?
What do you drink while playing DDO?
Is it more fun? Less? or just a 'different experience;)'

Col Kurtz

I just had a few shots of whisky and a tall IPA ...just figured I'd post up a friendly happy thread:)

sorry no POLL ;)

absolutely having a blast running druids EE at lvl28 just for sh*tz and giggles,& some saga guild renown

Pizza in the Oven too!

Asterphen

Huh... I guess you could call it enjoying libations... I have never called it drunken and dragons since I do not get drunk, I just get less sober. It was my understanding when I downloaded the game that drinking was as integral as wasd. I am almost positive it is explicitly listed in the EULA. Either in the EULA or part of the guild rules. I have not read all of it, but I was told by someone reliable that it is in there. "Someone in the party dies: drink. You die: drink twice. Raid leader dies: drink twice. Drink your negative levels, drink if the quest glitches, and drink if someone leaves named loot in end chest."

The_Apocalypse

Nothing like being on the Hardcore Server playing drinking games to the ways people die. Lava, tar, falling and mob bosses like Anger or Scythemaw or Stonejaw and optional mobs you were stupid to try to get on a HC Server, like that arcane skellie up on that ledge in Sacrifices on Korthos.
DRINK!

Last edited:

vryxnr

Some people love drinking or doing other things to get inebriated while playing.

I will say though, grouping with people who are drunk or impaired in other ways is not fun at all.

I guess it could be fun if it's a private group and everyone involved is doing it or just wants to socialize and ef around, or solo. In pugs and guild raids and the like, drunk people suuuuuck.

Last edited:

Col Kurtz

Nothing like being on the Hardcore Server playing drinking games to the ways people die. Lava, tar, falling and mob bosses like Anger or Scythemaw or Stonejaw and optional mobs you were stupid to try to get on a HC Server, like that arcane skellie up on that ledge in Sacrifices on Korthos.
DRINK!
how many times have we done this quest? >>>its not really hardcore unless we are drunk;)

DilemmaEnder

Thelanis Player
Our regular group of 5-7 has Friday Night libations. Not everyone partakes but everyone knows and has fun with it. It's our Guild Raid night too. But we only fill with people who know whats up and enjoy the stupidity. We also tend to keep it easy going. (VoN 5-6, DQ, L Hound, Fire on Thunder Peak, Morgrave, & Dryad to finish off since by then the dance is real fun!)

I know people drink all kinds of stuff - Whiskey, Rum & Coke, Captain, Beer - I myself tend to burn through a Tumbler of Sangria (or two) during the fun. As I am the tank I do find it funnier as the night goes on watching others bounce off walls or "Search for Secret Doors" as we call it. Being tanky means I can miss a step and still survive. Others don't have that benefit.

HoopleHead

If It werent an issue of my being at work @ 4am I would start drunken raiding again...

Every time someone dies.. you take a shot.

what to do, me comes back after the party, 3 in the morning, ...addictions, addictions : )....wipe DDO and there raid hahah EU time vs US....
LN Shroud,...THEN let's go R1, HYC....wipe. ohh me sorry, for VoD also xD

PS. good lesson to know any good idea after party is bad idea xD

Col Kurtz

LMAO .. some peoples trying to blame Raid wipes on Drunk Players. Sorry that was just bad leadership, next time make sure to explain the important mechanics of what not to do. But, ya know that's what happens when the leader just did 52 bonghits/woops I forgot to mention if you get the Boom, don't stand next to the tank.

just teasing...don't get those panties all bunched up:)

But, yea, It's easier to place blame, rather than accept responsibility. I'll drink to that!

Urklore

Everytime I hear in the party chat, I got 153 reaper, or why are you playing a healer cleric no one needs those, or elite is for losers, or even, you should not play DDO if you are a first life, I take a shot of something so I do not get angered.

True story and actual comments in party chat multiple times at different days and party members.