Dying in Too Cold to Continue - Snowpeaks Climb

catpower

I died today in the Snowpeaks climbing challenge. Up until that point, when I fell off I would just reappear at the last checkpoint. Is this a known thing? I didn't see anything about it on the DDO Wiki and of course I foolishly had all my frozen keys on this character...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I know people have died to lag + falling damage even with FF (and/or monk slowfall) on HC before; where the game decides you fell 20 miles even though it was only a foot. So not surprised that someone could die in the climb event. People have reported dying in the slide too this year.

catpower

Weird! Did you hit some ground or just die instead of teleport?
No ground, just falling through the air, but it acted like I hit ground. I took damage and the first time it happened, I stabilized and then got back up, fell further in the middle of the air and then teleported back to the checkpoint. I thought it was a freak occurrence and kept going, but the second time it just killed me.
I was on those crystals after the third flag if that helps to know where I was when this happened.

Mornyngstar

If this happens again use
/loc
Then copy and paste the 2 sets of lines from general chat. This gives information so they can track down the issue easier.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I took damage in there a couple of years ago (didn't die) -- there's an invisible floor you can hit and if your FF is off to speed up teleport : Blammo !!