ED's for PM

vik

I will, however point out things that you say that are misinformation - that is demonstrably false, i.e. you wrote that Deathward blocks negative energy. This is incorrect. All you have to do is run TOR and watch every single giant cast deathward on themselves and I can kill them only using negative energy.
That's interesting, but I think it's bugged. Death ward does normally block negative energy, at least in all of the content I've been playing. Have you had the same experience outside the TOR, such as the Eveningstar quests?

Timmius

Much better splitting your points between MotE and DI, with maximum 1 point into any other tree to get the extra DC/SP/USP
this is exactly what i ended up doing last night. One good thing I found is those points I would spend in EA are now allocated in MotE. I've never gone that deep into the tree so I'm excited to see how it works.
EA is group friendly and IIRC Timmius is all about grouping
it certainly was useful before they changed it. Not so much for me because I have 3 healing auras + negative energy burst but it was nice for running up to unconscious team mates and getting them up with Holy Presence.

I should of described my play style in my initial post. When leveling up, me and my better half usually just run by ourselves with our menagerie of summons and hirelings. When we get to 32 we run a lot of pug raids on varying difficulties. Everything from normal to reaper. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say we've run 1k+ pug raids over the past few years so yes group dynamics are big factor for us hence why I put points in EA.

Thanks all for the spirited discussion. I read it all and now have a better game plan.

this is exactly what i ended up doing last night. One good thing I found is those points I would spend in EA are now allocated in MotE. I've never gone that deep into the tree so I'm excited to see how it works.

it certainly was useful before they changed it. Not so much for me because I have 3 healing auras + negative energy burst but it was nice for running up to unconscious team mates and getting them up with Holy Presence.

I should of described my play style in my initial post. When leveling up, me and my better half usually just run by ourselves with our menagerie of summons and hirelings. When we get to 32 we run a lot of pug raids on varying difficulties. Everything from normal to reaper. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say we've run 1k+ pug raids over the past few years so yes group dynamics are big factor for us hence why I put points in EA.

Thanks all for the spirited discussion. I read it all and now have a better game plan.
Yeah, im in as many pug raids as you'll have me in haha!

Magus of the moon is pretty cool, and I do miss t5 on it. Right now my "sorc lite" build (EinerMal acid with ruin/gruin) is great for general play and has been proven worthy in r10 so far. Huge investment to get it like thats for sure. (~5500 dread runes, ~7k threads, all relevant past lives, etc.)

As far as EA, my mass cures hit for up to 3k and I think are around 800 non crit for my team mates. But its no healing wall thats for sure.

But yeah, glad to see you back and I look forward to popping in your raids again!

magnus2882

That's interesting, but I think it's bugged. Death ward does normally block negative energy, at least in all of the content I've been playing. Have you had the same experience outside the TOR, such as the Eveningstar quests?
Never had a problem with death ward in any quests.... I know what the description says.. but you honestly thing SSG gives a rat's behind about bugs? They are too busy churning out new content to appease the whales...

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
This is my experience as well.

The enemies in Tor have Negative Energy protection, but not Deathward. At one point they might have had Deathward as well (if memory serves, but that might have been the old Epic Ward as well, so can't say for certain), but that is no longer the case anymore. You can cast Enervation on the Giants in Tor, and they will have a Deathward symbol trigger over them (The protection from undue harm effect) and block the Negative Energy damage over time, but not the Negative Levels.

If you cast Rend the Soul or Necrotic Blast (without any Epic Destiny bonus damage such as from the Mantle from Draconic Incarnation), you will see that they take zero damage from it. However, the damage from Epic Destiny Mantle, such as that from the Draconic Incarnation Mantle (including Shadow Dragon for Negative Damage) ignores such protections on the Giants in Tor and will deal damage as normal (even though it is Negative Damage in the case of the Shadow Dragon).

Otherwise, Deathward spell will prevent the Negative Damage and any instakill effect. Negative Damage or otherwise.

J1NG

Varr

Interesting read. Feisty. Lots of ways to play the best class in the game. We are lucky 92% of the playerbase foolishly are not playing PM Wizards.

I happen to run mine with no ruin's, all the elemental options, with maxed DC's and neg as my primary DPS.
Today I'm leaning heavy with PA and Magus, with a little touch still of DI. The trash is all melted however you want with instakills or DPS spells or best alternating between clusters for speed.

Boss's are the bug a boo. And dirty Iron Golems.

As to party healing, is nice to lob level 3 Cure Critical Wounds Admixtures. Fun to see the party light up around a boss for 800 to 3000 or so hps each of healing every 6 seconds. You all should have that loaded and is all the loving the fleshy little people deserve.

With all the pls's, gear, and meta.........you all get to be right.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

BiggerTrolls

It would be awesome if everyone could flood in the videos and screencaps to bulwark their advice! Those crit profile numbers for example, would be awesome with an explanation. Say what you are working with. Best way to convince, and more importabtly explain what the heck other players can/should do.