Eldritch Alchemical rituals - the stone of change, a forgotten art

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Pretty sure all of this can be found on the wiki; however, I will be putting a hopefully easy to understand guide here for players old and new.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Binding:
Now, to begin it's important to know that you must bind and attune your items. It's also important to know that the stone of change is located beside the bank in the storm reach market.
Items that are Bound to Account or Bound to Character are already immune to permanent item damage while repairing - but, using the ritual of binding should prevent any permanent damage to items once it is performed on an item which can be caused by getting repairs. After all, no one want something that has been personally crafted to become unusable.
This ritual require the item in question and 400 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. The stack size doesn't matter when placed in the alter of change as it will only use what's needed.
This ritual can be performed on weapons, armor, accessories, and cosmetics. This is the important part, as even your cosmetics can help boost you ever so slightly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rituals for after binding:
An item can only have one type of alchemical ritual place on it at a time, Adamantine or Eldritch. Applying another alchemical ritual will replace the previous one, or an already-applied Adamantine ritual.

Durability things:
Adamantine Ritual Attuned Item Ingredient 1Ingredient 2 Benefit
Adamantine Ritual I Any Attuned Item10 Adamantine Ore10 Soul Gems: Essence of Earth+5 Hardness and +10 Durability
Adamantine Ritual IIAny Attuned Item15 Adamantine Ore20 Soul Gems: Essence of EarthAn additional +5 Durability
Adamantine Ritual III
Any Attuned Item
20 Adamantine Ore30 Soul Gems: Essence of EarthAn additional +5 Durability
Adamantine Ritual IVAny Attuned Item25 Adamantine Ore40 Soul Gems: Essence of EarthAn additional +5 Durability
Adamantine Ritual V(Max)Any Attuned Item30 Adamantine Ore50 Soul Gems: Essence of EarthAn additional +5 Durability

You can find adamantium ore in: A Relic of a Sovereign PastBlack Anvil Mines
Soul stones should be self explanatory, using trap the soul via spell or item will allow you to farm earth elementals in a variety of locations. The earth node in toee or lord of eyes should provide one with plenty.

Note, this is simply to increase durability of items so you don't have to repair as often, it serves little other purpose and no purpose on cosmetics.
These rituals must also be performed in order.

Alchemical/ Eldritch rituals: (Jewelry refers to trinkets, bracers, necklaces, and so forth)
Alchemical Eldritch RitualAttuned ItemIngredient 1Ingredient 2Benefit
Alchemical Armor Eldritch RitualAny Attuned Armor15 Strings of Prayer Beads5 Vials of Pure Water+1 Alchemical Bonus to AC
Alchemical Shield Eldritch RitualAny Attuned Shield/Orb2 Tomes: Prophecies of Khyber6 Silver Flame Hymnals+1 Alchemical Bonus to AC
Force Damage RitualAny Attuned Weapon3 Luminescent Dusts9 Fragrant Drowshood1 point of force damage on each successful hit
Force Critical RitualAny Attuned Weapon6 Sparkling Dusts12 Deadly Feverblanch1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit
Resistance RitualAny Attuned Jewelry 4 Lightning-Split Soarwoods22 Funerary Tokens+1 competence bonus to saves

Note, if you disjunction an item it will remove your rituals and they will have to be reapplied.
The stone of change rituals do not seem to have any level impact on the items themselves, so they are particularly good for level one reincarnation gear. They also don't hurt as a little extra on high end gear. After all, every point helps when it comes to things.
It's actually a shame that more was not done with the stone of change, as it is a great system to further boost/upgrade your gear, but sadly it seems that it was abandoned ages ago so far as any further improvements.
I hope this helps both old and new players, and maybe one day SSG will expand this system to become more modernized with current gear, maybe allowing for 1-5 points of prr or mrr, or dodge, etc. It would be a nice little boost for players to customize their gear further.
On a side note, if you are doing this for gear that has upgrade tiers, make sure the gear is fully upgraded and done first, otherwise you will most likely be repeating rituals after an upgrade.

Here is a visual walk through:

Livmo

I'm still rockin' it!

pXymZEE.jpg

Buddha5440

I always, at any lv gearset, have something with Resistance Ritual on it (usually goggles with seeker (or sabotaging)/True Seeing/Tendon Slice and Resistance and Blindness Immunity augments). Obviously the tendon slice is only lv. 10+ as it goes in the extra slot.

This device could REALLY use an update or overhaul though, as noted above.

Praun

I've tried multiple times to add the Force ritual to my Chimera's Breath (lvl 5 Rune Arm) and it refuses to take it or any other ritual for a weapon.

I did the Bound and Attuend ritual but no other ritual will work.

Jeronimo

I always, at any lv gearset, have something with Resistance Ritual on it (usually goggles with seeker (or sabotaging)/True Seeing/Tendon Slice and Resistance and Blindness Immunity augments). Obviously the tendon slice is only lv. 10+ as it goes in the extra slot.

This device could REALLY use an update or overhaul though, as noted above.
Better to put it on a cosmetic.

Buddha5440

That'd be nice if you could do that.

I've yet to find a cosmetic item that works with the stone of change for that ritual as it only works on 'Jewelry' and cosmetics only exist for Helms/Armor/Weapon(Shield)/and Cloak.

Jeronimo

I've yet to find a cosmetic item that works with the stone of change for that ritual as it only works on 'Jewelry' and cosmetics only exist for Helms/Armor/Weapon(Shield)/and Cloak.
Hm... I thought it worked for the Spider Cult Mask. I will have to check next time I log in.

Fisto Mk I

Goggles cosmetic go to helmet slot, so you still can do it. The only limitation is that it should not be glamered cosmetics, because rituals don't works for glamered.

Jeronimo

It works excellent. I just checked in-game now. Here's one of my old creations:

HVZX72T.jpg

Buddha5440

It works excellent. I just checked in-game now. Here's one of my old creations:

HVZX72T.jpg
That's a different effect than what I was talking about earlier (the Alchemical Resistance Ritual). The Alchemical Armor Ritual works on Armor and Helms (iiRC).

popejubal

Unless you already have a ritual on your cosmetic. If you have the festival Cold Resist or Fire Resist, don’t try to add to it or modify it at all because you can’t get those back anymore.
In hindsight, I wish I had made a cold spellpower bonus on my favorite cloak, but I wanted to have the pretty cloak right away from level 1 and the cold spellpower would have locked me out of using the cloak until Epics.

Buddha5440

Goggles cosmetic go to helmet slot, so you still can do it. The only limitation is that it should not be glamered cosmetics, because rituals don't works for glamered.
Are there any (only) cosmetic goggles out there? SoC does not work on glammered items.

Dhalgren

I'm just returning to the game after several years away, and just tried to put +1 saves on my glowing eyes (lich white) using 4 lightning-split soarwood, 22 funerary tokens, and 400 siberys fragments.. No dice; the ritual fails. This was using the Stone of Change on our airship.

Any ideas? Does this just not work on glowing eyes? Or maybe not on really old glowing eyes?

[Edit 2 minutes later: nvm; I'm an idiot. Glowing eyes is headgear, therefore armour, and doesn't count for the saves ritual. The +1 AC ritual worked just fine.]

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
I've tried multiple times to add the Force ritual to my Chimera's Breath (lvl 5 Rune Arm) and it refuses to take it or any other ritual for a weapon.

I did the Bound and Attuend ritual but no other ritual will work.
for unknown reason , these Force rituals do not work on ranged weapon and cosmetic weapons.

As for Resistance ritual, I always ended up putting it on trinkets. The item I swap less than others.

saekee

long live ROGUE
I believe the force rituals do not work on thrown weapons as they are classed as ammunition

Lynnabel stated once somewhere that the Stone of Change will not be updated since every ritual unites to a unique item--it does not actually update your item per se. So new recipes would be a nightmare.

The resistance one is probably the most relevant at higher levels. I have them mostly on my ML 5 gearset that I use in heroics.

Buddha5440

As for Resistance ritual, I always ended up putting it on trinkets. The item I swap less than others.
Trinkents are a great place to add Resistance Ritual to (and pretty much anything else if CC). There are very few Trinkets (once you get EVotM) that are worthwhile after lv 20 until you hit lv 28/30/32.

Fisto Mk I

for unknown reason , these Force rituals do not work on ranged weapon

I believe the force rituals do not work on thrown weapons as they are classed as ammunition
Work both for me... as far as i remember, don't use long time. I think because all run at r1 at least, here incorrect rounding down formula causes damage to become less than 1 and not registered. If you run non-reaper content it must work.

festasha

Some Glowing Eyes from DDO-point shop i think, or from high Daily/Weekly rolls. I check when login to game next time.
Unfortunately, you can't put the resistance ritual on cosmetic eyes as it still equips to the cosmetic head slot, I tried many moons ago.

Last edited: