Epic Strikes need shared CD removed ASAP.

Mokune

Now that Epic Strikes have been mostly neutered to heroic levels of damage it is time to REMOVE THE SHARED CD between all EPIC STRIKES.

Win some hearts and minds back.

Y'all KNOW the community by and large hates the nerf to Epic Strikes.

How about extending an OLIVE BRANCH instead of an EYE FULL OF STICK.

seph1roth5

I can't see them completely unhooking epic strikes, but would be awesome if using one didn't put the others on that cooldown. Maybe just a 3-second universal CD for epic strikes. Coincidentally, that's something the various charge/wings need. Devs don't want us to use a bunch in a row, fine, that makes sense. But having multiple ones on 15-sec CD is ridiculous.

NightHiker

You can't demand that they eliminate the shared cooldown on the strikes while claiming they're not good enough to even be epic abilities. I mean, you can, but it makes no sense.

Either they're really as bad as claimed and no one would even want to use more than one at a time because that would be a DPS loss compared to their big hitting spells or attacks, or they ARE actually pretty useful (be it because of the damage, the utility or the low cost), making the shared cooldown justified.

Which one is it?

Cheers,
NH

Raedier

Generalising all epic strikes, putting them in the same bracket and removing ALL of the shared cooldowns as you are suggesting does not make any sense at all for the martial strikes in game.
The martial strikes are still good, only the caster epic strikes are lagging behind and feel awful to use.

I get where you are coming from but it’s just not a good plan. Martial strikes are mostly fine as is, caster strikes are a pain in the butt.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
i don't see why the defensive/healing ones are on the same cooldown as the attack ones
This is more my problem with it. Sure, I could use a defensive one, but Consecration, say, has a really long cooldown and it'd prevent me from using better DPS instead.

But I don't think they want us to use more than one. Sadly.

But streamlining the cooldowns would be nice. Then we could at least choose each time whether it'd make more sense to go defensive or offensive.*

* This is based on how I remember it being, anyway. That the 20 sec CD on consecration would also put adrenaline on CD for that long. If I'm mistaken, please let me know.

Col Kurtz

always thought it was weird, cause the more powerful pops in T5's can be clicked all in a row... and heals are not strikes even if they decided to ''call'' them that.

at least we have our choice of things to combo with the epic strikes

Buddha5440

This is more my problem with it. Sure, I could use a defensive one, but Consecration, say, has a really long cooldown and it'd prevent me from using better DPS instead.

But I don't think they want us to use more than one. Sadly.

But streamlining the cooldowns would be nice. Then we could at least choose each time whether it'd make more sense to go defensive or offensive.*

* This is based on how I remember it being, anyway. That the 20 sec CD on consecration would also put adrenaline on CD for that long. If I'm mistaken, please let me know.
Consecration is only healing until you upgrade it to Crusade, then it adds THREE offensive abilities (AoE damage, +1 Imbue, and +10% weapon damage).

Fisto Mk I

Consecration +Crusade +Mighty Crusade possible best DPS Strike. 15s +10% DPS boost for any within circle +1ID +healing... Sure, not any build can use it for full potential, but those who can... for them it's very good really. 8)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Consecration +Crusade +Mighty Crusade possible best DPS Strike. 15s +10% DPS boost for any within circle +1ID +healing... Sure, not any build can use it for full potential, but those who can... for them it's very good really. 8)
Yes, it has uses. In raids, mostly. But the really, really long cooldown and situational use makes it a tough sell to me.

Buddha5440

It basically has a 5 second cooldown.

20 seconds minus the 15 seconds it is active means it can be inactive for as little as 5 seconds. How is that a "really, really long cooldown"?

Shardrena

20 seconds minus the 15 seconds it is active means it can be inactive for as little as 5 seconds. How is that a "really, really long cooldown"?

I assume because some people want to double or triple stack it on their own? Eh, I don't really see a problem with Epic Strikes sharing cooldowns anyway. The intent was always that a character would have one Epic Strike ability at a time anyway. Not sure if I like epic destinies being reworked to work exactly the same as heroic enhancement trees currently work. I liked the old thematic "you can only have one single Epic Destiny active at a time" system. I get that the devs probably thought it was under preforming once the level cap got raised to 30, but I thought it worked quite nicely.

TavernBrawler

It wont happen, because they want to give you the illusion of "making informed decisions and choices". Same reason why they block taking T5 from multiple heroic enhancement trees.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Most of my builds have 2 or 3 epic strikes in them. They vary in amounts of damage vs utility (stuns/increasing damage/etc.) vs heals they each offer along with different cooldowns. I look at the current state of any fight and make a judgement call on which ability will best serve the situation. Having them share a cooldown makes it an interesting choice for what'll be the best choice per cooldown and knowing some of them have a longer cooldown is also part of that executive choice. If those cooldown didn't exist then I'd just spam all 3 back to back; you too can take multiple epic strikes and make them work nicely. It's the same as taking multiple mantles, it requires a bit more effort to pull off but rewards for deeper play is very satisfying.

DBZ

DD and 1 raid debuff all u need we ever get to put points into 4'th tree still take deflect arrows for the win

Falkor

Wait? We have epic strikes? People use these travesties? The DPS is so bad on them that I stopped putting them into rotation, its more accidental at this point than deliberate.

Yuck. I can't stand the changes since the update. What a mess. There is shaking up the so called 'meta', and then there is this pudu pile. It's helped with my time management though, I'm down to playing a few hours per week instead of tens of hours. I don't see that changing in the near future.

And I had some hope for these changes to be beneficial. Silly me. SSG is gonna SSG.

seph1roth5

TBF it's a stationary circle on the ground, so it's active for 15 sec in a fixed position. Depending on what difficulty you're running, that can be more like active for 3 sec and then you kill a few more mobs before it's off CD.

SpartanKiller13

TBF it's a stationary circle on the ground, so it's active for 15 sec in a fixed position. Depending on what difficulty you're running, that can be more like active for 3 sec and then you kill a few more mobs before it's off CD.
If you clear packs of mobs in 3s without using your epic strike, you don't need another epic strike to run at that difficulty lol.

Buddha5440

Plus the offensive abilities last for 4 seconds after leaving the circle. but...Yeah... What SprtanKiller13 said.