ETA on Level Cap Increase

Driaza

Was in Q2 of 2024 right?

Do we have any dates yet

Like to plan my next TR on main to be close to 32 by then :)

Blaster

I believe it is scheduled to coincide with the release of the upcoming Myth Drannor expansion. In the producer's letter from earlier this year, it stated the pre-sale for the expansion will be in June, so most likely the cap increase will come with the expansion in July.

Falkor

I've been wondering when Lam will have release notes for the next update. Don't we have another update before Myth Drannor is released?

Pretty sure that melee is on the chopping block next.

mikarddo

I've been wondering when Lam will have release notes for the next update. Don't we have another update before Myth Drannor is released?

Pretty sure that melee is on the chopping block next.
Martial damage is getting the same 33% reduction in R10 that spell dsmage got a while back.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
Did they ever state what level the cap will be raised to this time? I’ve seen speculation that it would be a 2 level increase each time, but not sure if SSG ever said anything about it.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Personally I've got no problem with balancing things. Provided that accounts for the bigger risks mellee take in applying their damage, that's fair enough IMO.

For the record though that doesn't mean they should be equal. Melee should IMO, as a general guiding principle, have access to a damage premium commensurate with that risk.

The difficulty the Devs have is that, if accepting that principle, it is difficult to apply in all sepcific cases, as we've got some very clever players who can figure out the specifics of pretty much any context to their advantage. There's nothing wrong with that, it's all part of the meta game. It just means that it's very difficult for the Devs to get it right all the time.

I'm not smart enough to figure out the balance point here. It's too complex and the Devs are paid to do that for me anyway. And as above, there may well not be one.

By allegory, where I want to play, at balance, is any time I'm sitting in the Triceratops arena on my own, copping aggro, thinking "oh strewth, this is gonna hurt" with all my non melee mates nicely perched above in perfect safety, I'll also be able to console myself with the thought that as I go down swinging l'll at least have the comfort of knowing I'm doing more damage for the privilege.

Then they can get my soul stone when it's all over. 😁👍 But then I'll still come back for more. 👍

Wizard

DBZ

Melees have more cc then ever and insta kills and healing and stripping and the only meaninful defenses period

Spells are outdated and useless there not dodge mechanics

And also not soloing raids thats not over performing x12 content at all either right

Last edited:

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Good, only lvl 34, so no legendary content will be negatively affected by lockouts / overlevel penalty for delving.

IMHO lvl cap should not increase past lvl 34 without changing lockout /overlevel penalty rules because population is already segregated too much by level ranges.
Yeah it will be interesting to see how all the current quests are made redundant by the time cap is 40. Plenty more to come though I guess. 👍

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I believe there is a concensus based on actual facts that martial dps _far_ outstrips spell dps. Failing to acknowling such a fact is not something that leads to a constructive debate.
And yet it's still easier to do R10's (if not the only way) on a caster build. How do you explain that? And forget stupid raids, balancing a raid for a dozen people is near impossible and nobody cares if you can steal aggro and do massive damage. Raids aren't about that, remember?

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
We're not going to get to 40. I'm guessing that 36 is the last level cap raise before DDO is gone.
36, yeah. I figure they'll skip a year as the costs associated will not be justified. the new Amazon LoTR mmo will siphon away from LoTRO further hamstringing DDO development finances. And by that time, some new Dungeons & Dragons MMO will come out.