ETA on Level Cap Increase

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
36, yeah. I figure they'll skip a year as the costs associated will not be justified. the new Amazon LoTR mmo will siphon away from LoTRO further hamstringing DDO development finances. And by that time, some new Dungeons & Dragons MMO will come out.
That's what they said about Neverwinter. It was supposed to kill DDO. It hurt... but then faded. Look at the absolute P2W sh!t show that game turned into.

I've watched people like you scream doom on the forums since 2008. That's 14 years of "DDO is dying".

Kiany

That's what they said about Neverwinter. It was supposed to kill DDO. It hurt... but then faded. Look at the absolute P2W sh!t show that game turned into.

I've watched people like you scream doom on the forums since 2008. That's 14 years of "DDO is dying".
I completely agree with you on this. However, it's still in the back of my mind when I make purchases in the game. I'm very reluctant now to drop 100 bucks on ddo points because we honestly have no idea how long the game will be around. If I knew for certain it had another 10 years, then that would change my mindset. Unfortunately, we probably won't have that guarantee ever lol.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!

Neverwinter doesn't even exist in my mind.

It's not a game that I consider to be a game. It's a vile piece of evil that preys upon vulnerable mentally ill people who can't control themselves.

Never-ever-winter.

DBZ

POE 2 with a brand new engine graphics customizable gear sets and builds and a blank slate trading economy

TavernBrawler

POE 2 with a brand new engine graphics customizable gear sets and builds and a blank slate trading economy
If they make POE 2 an MMO-esque game with focus on developing your main character rather than creating one every 3 months for a new season, then POE 2 has a chance of pulling some MMO players away. If not, nobody cares.

Br4d

Seriously, none of the recent fantasy MMO's have done much more than WoW-clone 101. Some of them have survival crafting built-in (big bleah there) but all of them are still at the baseline based on WoW. Not surprisingly most of them are utter failures because why would anybody choose to play a clone of a 2004-2010 game (the era they all slavishly follow) when the original is still very much alive and kicking?

I've come to the conclusion that the MMO-era is over and we're all the casualties that have not accepted that fact yet.

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
I completely agree with you on this. However, it's still in the back of my mind when I make purchases in the game. I'm very reluctant now to drop 100 bucks on ddo points because we honestly have no idea how long the game will be around. If I knew for certain it had another 10 years, then that would change my mindset. Unfortunately, we probably won't have that guarantee ever lol.
I go with the YOLO approach. Yes, one day DDO will die. I'm going to enjoy the time I have with it now, and not worry about when it might end.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Just scored a wand of blasting with reaper bonus 1 more thing trader won't take taking up inv space so we can only hope
I will quote a certain mage again: Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it.

Which means my last reincarnation went even more wrong than usual and I'm now a horsie... Ah, well, that's DDO for you.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Driaza

We're not going to get to 40. I'm guessing that 36 is the last level cap raise before DDO is gone.
Well i hope we go all the way to 40 and then see legendary reincarnations

Then add a new difficulty level on top of Reaper. Maybe call it Apex mode

Add 312 Apex points (as 156 reaper points was not enough)

That should keep me entertained for another 18 years

• Haha

Br4d

Well i hope we go all the way to 40 and then see legendary reincarnations

Then add a new difficulty level on top of Reaper. Maybe call it Apex mode

Add 312 Apex points (as 156 reaper points was not enough)

That should keep me entertained for another 18 years

There aren't enough players to keep the game alive to 40. We lose people reliably every time the grind is extended. What we add when that happens is completely inedible for new players and so the pop trends downwards again.

If I'm a normal 15/20 hour a week gamer I am 4 years behind the curve when I join DDO. This is true unless I spend a lot of money to catch up.

It just is what it is. Some things in life have a logical conclusion point and DDO strangling itself to death is the logical conclusion here.

CherryBomb

Any time will be too soon. I do not relish the thought of having to run yet another series of 50 or so lives to achieve completions with Legendary Reincarnations.

Wizard

There aren't enough players to keep the game alive to 40. We lose people reliably every time the grind is extended. What we add when that happens is completely inedible for new players and so the pop trends downwards again.

If I'm a normal 15/20 hour a week gamer I am 4 years behind the curve when I join DDO. This is true unless I spend a lot of money to catch up.

Yeah MMOs where you can't catch up are bad for new and returning player retention. Sure you can do most difficulties with lower past lives (or even none) but you'll always be significantly behind in power compared to the long timers who took few (or even no!) breaks

Impossible to catch up doesn't feel good for many.

CherryBomb

Yeah MMOs where you can't catch up are bad for new and returning player retention. Sure you can do most difficulties with lower past lives (or even none) but you'll always be significantly behind in power compared to the long timers who took few (or even no!) breaks

Impossible to catch up doesn't feel good for many.
Something even worse happened with my guildies. The group decided to play another game for about a year. They were all VIPs. When they came back, they only wanted to be casual players but found that they did not have access to most quests. Then they quit again and have been back.