ETA on Level Cap Increase

Kiany

Yeah MMOs where you can't catch up are bad for new and returning player retention. Sure you can do most difficulties with lower past lives (or even none) but you'll always be significantly behind in power compared to the long timers who took few (or even no!) breaks

Impossible to catch up doesn't feel good for many.
This is absolutely true, especially for a game like ddo that goes all the way up to legendary and r10 difficulties. I wish ddo would have figured out a way to make people play more alts. I think that would have lessened the amount of power gap between 1st lifers and completionists. I've taken numerous breaks over the years, and everytime I come back I tell myself I'm going to bust out all of these past lives. Then I realize just how long that will actually take haha. Now I just play to have fun, but it's not that much fun knowing my "powerful" character is stuck in the TR train loop, and I'll probably never be able to leave him at cap since he has the most past lives and I don't want to start over with another character.

JustHavingFunBro

This is absolutely true, especially for a game like ddo that goes all the way up to legendary and r10 difficulties. I wish ddo would have figured out a way to make people play more alts. I think that would have lessened the amount of power gap between 1st lifers and completionists. I've taken numerous breaks over the years, and everytime I come back I tell myself I'm going to bust out all of these past lives. Then I realize just how long that will actually take haha. Now I just play to have fun, but it's not that much fun knowing my "powerful" character is stuck in the TR train loop, and I'll probably never be able to leave him at cap since he has the most past lives and I don't want to start over with another character.
ESO was one game that got this right. Everyone can group with each other, no matter the level. I really wish DDO would figure out how to make this happen. Making everyone group together in a super tight level range is not good for the future. At the very least, seperate it to heroic, epic and legendary.

Driaza

ESO was one game that got this right. Everyone can group with each other, no matter the level. I really wish DDO would figure out how to make this happen. Making everyone group together in a super tight level range is not good for the future. At the very least, seperate it to heroic, epic and legendary.
This is true - would be good to remove overlevel penalties etc whilst in the same tier of questing - heroic, epic, legendary

At this stage does it really matter if someone is power leveled?

CherryBomb

This is true - would be good to remove overlevel penalties etc whilst in the same tier of questing - heroic, epic, legendary

But, but, but you're gonna break my BB..... - or - You are gonna cheat me out of 235 rxp because you are 1 level too high

Shear-buckler

In ESO your character is scaled up/down depending on your party.
In Diablo 4 the monsters are scaled differently to each party member.

Kiany

In ESO your character is scaled up/down depending on your party.
In Diablo 4 the monsters are scaled differently to each party member.
I think ddo could benefit from a system like diablo 4 at this stage of the game. However, I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement and if they have the resources for that. However, the close we get to level 40, the more the problem will become apparent.
I miss the old days where once you hit 20, you could run every epic quest in the game. Now that the level is up to 32, it doesn't work that way anymore. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to have all epic dungeons scale to your current level at least.

Driaza

But, but, but you're gonna break my BB..... - or - You are gonna cheat me out of 235 rxp because you are 1 level too high
Get rid of all that nonsense also at this stage - well keep the bonuses,,, remove penalties and limits i mean

If those player numbers are right ... what are we 200-300 players per server?

Kiany

Get rid of all that nonsense also at this stage - well keep the bonuses,,, remove penalties and limits i mean

If those player numbers are right ... what are we 200-300 players per server?
That's what I would imagine. I mean you could look at the who's online tab at any point and I'd bet there's about 200 people on at any given time.
That's the problem though, if there's only 200 people playing and those 200 people are spread out between 32 levels, then there's only a few people to group with in your level range. I'd bet half the population just sits in epics too or at cap, which means the heroic pool is even less. Trying to stay within 2-3 levels of other players makes it even tougher

Fizban

Was in Q2 of 2024 right?

Do we have any dates yet

Like to plan my next TR on main to be close to 32 by then :)
As announced by SSG they will come with the new expansion which is projected in September 2024 for now.