Extra Boxes

WielderofGigantus

It likely won't be happening for Spell Components, since that is the downside to playing a caster, since casters don't tend to have to deal with as much durability damage as melee characters. Also, there is already Omnidust in the game if you want to avoid using as much inventory space.

droid327

Not for spell mat comps, because the game engine doesnt allow you to auto-use items from within bags. Same reason you cant equip ammo from within quivers.

It'd probably cause a lot of lag if they changed the engine to look in your inventory and through all your bags for items every time you cast a spell

For Cosmetics, its also unlikely to happen, because they've said the way cosmetic items are coded makes them difficult to distinguish as distinct items for the game engine...but then again they can filter them out in banks now, so maybe they solved that issue

The_Apocalypse

Potion bag. Scroll cases. Would be nice. The game can detect and use items from the Collectables and Ingredients bags, but prolly takes a lot of work to make items bagable and detectable, plus crafting is a lot different from clicky hotbarred items..

canicus

I can't find the posts, but I believe both of these requests have been identified as something the devs (at least Tonquin) would like to do, but are too difficult to impossible.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Little boxes on the hill side
little boxes made of ticky-tacky

(but yes, more nags/boxes would be nice. Or at least larger augment bags...)

axel15810

Both of these would be amazing but from past dev comments they seem unlikely to ever happen because of how the game is coded/technical hurdles. Game doesn't play nice with those things being in bags. It's too bad because I'd galmour/buy a lot more cosmetics if I had a place to store them.

Hireling

A few years ago (10+) one of the Devs, maybe it was FlimsyFirewood or MadFloyd asked if encumberance going away would bother us. Like carrying capacity.

Perhaps making Eschew Materials an auto-granted feat would be considered a Quality of Life change?
I personally don't care much either way, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings or "break immersion" for me.

Also the cynic in me thinks SSG likes us having limited room because it leads to us BUYING bank space, inventory space, Shared bank space with real money (I have bought all the shared bank space and maxed out buyable space on my main character).

Lazuli

Hireling folders are not great: they need more capacity. And it will be bta at least when they are empty, to be able to pass them from one character to another.

eightspoons

This game has strayed so far from its DnD underpinnings that I can't see any reason why spell components can't just be ditched outright at this point. And at this stage, components just occupy a bunch of extremely scarce inventory slots.

Surely there aren't huge numbers of store purchases of Omnispell Dust and Stones to warrant a monetary reason to keep the whole mechanic going?

This is of course nothing more than ineffectual gasping; there'll be no changes here.

Lazuli

This game has strayed so far from its DnD underpinnings that I can't see any reason why spell components can't just be ditched outright at this point. And at this stage, components just occupy a bunch of extremely scarce inventory slots.

Surely there aren't huge numbers of store purchases of Omnispell Dust and Stones to warrant a monetary reason to keep the whole mechanic going?

This is of course nothing more than ineffectual gasping; there'll be no changes here.
Actually, in D&D 3rd there was the spell component bag so you didn't have to worry about individual components, except those that had a high monetary value...

eightspoons

Actually, in D&D 3rd there was the spell component bag so you didn't have to worry about individual components, except those that had a high monetary value...
That'd be a decent compromise... in that far, mystical world where our dreams and ideas become reality :)

Lazuli

That'd be a decent compromise... in that far, mystical world where our dreams and ideas become reality :)
Devs have said many times that this is not possible without changing how all spellcasting works. I have never been convinced by the explanation because in my opinion a spell mat bag could share a lot of code with Eschew materials, but since I don't know the code, I can't say more than that the devs don't seem to want this.

By the way, Eschew materials shouldn't cost spell points according to 3.5 rules, only in 3.0 it was a metamagic feat... they could change that at least.