Extra Life, Team Standing Stone Games, and You! - 2023 Edition

Cordovan

Community Manager

Extra Life, Team Standing Stone Games, and You!​

Once again Standing Stone Games, players from throughout the DDO community, and associated friends and family are raising money for Extra Life! Our fundraising through Team Standing Stone Games will help the local Boston Children's Hospital, which provides life-saving treatment and care to children from all over the world.

We hope to raise $30,000 for the Boston Children's Hospital this year, and we're combining forces to hit that goal! Team Standing Stone Games includes both Dungeons & Dragons Online and The Lord of the Rings Online players, developers, and friends. Last year we were the top fundraiser for the Boston Children's Hospital, and we'd love to do that again!

Why Extra Life?​

Extra Life is a charitable organization that unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $70 million for sick and injured kids.

How can I help?​

Donate or join our team and raise funds yourself! Throughout the next month the Standing Stone Games Extra Life Team will be fundraising together, and we have some fun activities and giveaways planned to support the cause.

To donate to the Team: http://extra-life.org/team/standingstonegames
To donate to me: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/jerrysnook
To sign up for Extra Life, if you want to raise money yourself: http://www.extra-life.org/

What should I do after I donate?​

It is important that I receive additional information from you in order to be able to get you your incentives. I have set up a survey in SurveyMonkey this year to capture this information and more easily distribute your incentives to you.

If you donate at least $10, you will be entered into the various giveaways that will take place after November 30th. If you donate to the team, me, or another Team member, it counts!

Group incentives:​

$10,000 – Points and picks! We'll select 25 people who donate at least ten dollars to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated giveaway to receive a 500 DDO Point code. We'll then select another 25 people to receive a pick from the Community Loot List.
$20,000 – More Points and picks! We'll select an additional 25 people who donate at least ten dollars to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated giveaway to receive a 500 DDO Point code. We'll then select another additional 25 people to receive a pick from the Community Loot List.
$30,000 – Points, picks, and an expansion giveaway! We'll select an additional 25 people who donate at least ten dollars to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated giveaway to receive a 500 DDO Point code. We'll then select another additional 25 people to receive a pick from the Community Loot List. We'll also give away an Ultimate Edition of Vecna Unleashed to three people who have donated at least $10!

Individual incentives:​

$10 - One pick from the Community Loot List, and an entry into every giveaway!
$20 - Two additional picks from the Community Loot List.
$40 - Three additional picks from the Community Loot List
$60 - Four additional picks from the Community Loot List!

All incentives are cumulative, so if you donate $60, you also get the benefits of the lower tiers, meaning a $60 donation would get ten total picks from the Community Loot List. These will be distributed to you through codes that are entered through Redeem Code in the LOTRO Store inside of the game. You are free to distribute these codes to friends or family as you wish.
  • If you wish to receive multiple of the same item, just indicate that in your survey message to me.
  • Donations that have already been made to Team Standing Stone Games in 2023 are eligible for these incentives! Simply fill out the survey and let us know when you donated and how much, along with your picks. Donations to any member of Team Standing Stone Games counts.
  • If you aren't sure what you want at the time you make the donation feel free to wait until you are ready to send in your survey. Just make sure to get it to us before the end of November!
  • If you have any questions, please contact Community Manager Cordovan through the forums.

Here is the Community Loot List:​

Battleworn Shield of Cyre
Dusty Air Elemental creature companion
Eternal Titan Wand
Evil Eyelet creature companion
Festival Mask (Scary version) - Bound to Character on Acquire
Hand Sanitizer
Invisible Mini-Stalker creature companion
Lawrence's Robe of Trivial Knowledge
Lousy Docent Event Item
Lousy Chainshirt
Lucky Hat
Merry Mini-Mimic creature companion
Pet Rock creature companion
Pork Barrels x10
Scepter of Siberys
Shen's Robe
Snowy Owlbear Creature Companion
Spooky Festival Mask - Bound to Character on Acquire
Tainted Helm of Mystery
Tchurvul's Kukri
Thaarak Hound creature companion
Wayfinder's Scepter
Winter Wolf Pup - Bound to Character on Acquire
Witch's Hat for Creature Companions
Yellow gelatinous cube-let creature companion

Thank you for your donation, however large or small it may be. There is never a time that children will not need life saving help, but especially this year, the work that is being done is more critical than ever.

Sincerely,
Jerry Snook and Team Standing Stone Games

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Okay, I'll be the jerk here, even given what I just learned: This is odd.. not that I don't approve; by all means, I know the feeling. ... Really, I do. But the ... y'all really don't communicate things well.

Tell them. And then ask for contributions - I'm willing to bet they'd* go thru the roof.

*contributions
...unless this is something else.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Okay, I'll be the jerk here, even given what I just learned: This is odd.. not that I don't approve; by all means, I know the feeling. ... Really, I do. But the ... y'all really don't communicate things well.

Tell them. And then ask for contributions - I'm willing to bet they'd* go thru the roof.

*contributions
...unless this is something else.
Erm...

What exactly does this mean? Tell who? And what?

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Yeah, let's just pretend I deleted that post.

*eta, since y' quoted it, I can't really do it anymore but that's okay. I hope.
It's been a **** 3 years and I lost someone and hearing about the staff loss.. I had a mini breakdown live.

**Would'a been nice if SSG (or whatever entity) made an announcement of that loss on the forums, somehow, in the same manner :confused:

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
We'll take donations through the end of the year, but the main drive ends at the end of November, after which I get the group incentives and giveaways out.

Argavyon

Hey

Extra Life, Team Standing Stone Games, and You!​

[...]

Here is the Community Loot List:​

Battleworn Shield of Cyre
Dusty Air [...]

[...]
A couple of asks, Cordovan:

First, I'd love to see how the items in the Loot List look like, either pics in the forum or knowing where to look for them reasonably.
Second, it gets very awkward reading that post with all the references to someone that goes by "jerrysnook" and "Jerry Snook" which I gather by context is your name, something that's neither explicitly specified on the post nor something I had previous knowledge of. Would be great if the connexion was specifically noted in the post.

Thanks for your service and for your supporting to such a cause.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Thank you everyone for helping Team Standing Stone Games crush our $30,000 goal! We did it during Saturday's raid marathon on Khyber on Twitch! You can watch the full video here:

We will continue to take donations through the end of the drive November 30th, and I'll do the group giveaways then. I'll be working in the coming weeks to get everyone their stuff. Have fun!

Cordovan

Community Manager
FYI One of our SSG team members is streaming DDO on their channel for Extra Life:

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
All right, at this point I think I've gotten back to everyone or close to it that has filled out a survey or otherwise gotten in touch with me, if not, send me a private message here on the forums and I'll sort it out. Thanks again, everyone! I'll be doing the giveaways at the end of the month so there is still time to donate if interested.

Cordovan

Community Manager
I have now gotten back to everyone who filled out surveys since the last post above, and I also found a few people who filled out this year's survey using last year's survey link, which I've now accounted for as well. I - think - that means I'm done with the individual incentive side of this year's Extra Life on the DDO side!

SO: If you haven't yet heard back from me, check your email or forum private message inbox, and if it isn't there, please get in touch! Either I didn't get your survey or the information provided wasn't working, although I don't think anyone on the DDO side wasn't able to be contacted who filled out a survey.

Either private message me on the forums here or fill out the survey here if you haven't yet: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BQYY33Y

On Friday I intend to draw the winners of the group incentives and the expansion codes! If you are a winner I will contact you through the method provided to me in the survey.

Thanks again everyone for this year's Extra Life! In total there were more than 540 people who donated to Team Standing Stone Games or similar and filled out surveys. Congratulations!