Eye of the beholder 1 and 2

Winterburn

Anyone played these old games? I played them on my old Amiga back in the day and quite frankly loved them. Don't remember if i ever finished part 2 though but still. I wonder if these adventures could be made into quest chains and if people would be interested in it? Not sure if there is like licensing issues or something.

In either case i would love for those adventures to be added, maybe with some updates to them to fit this game and it's mechanichs better and maybe added puzzles and stuff.

Love to hear from you guys :D

Upvote 6

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
Anyone played these old games? I played them on my old Amiga back in the day and quite frankly loved them. Don't remember if i ever finished part 2 though but still. I wonder if these adventures could be made into quest chains and if people would be interested in it? Not sure if there is like licensing issues or something.

In either case i would love for those adventures to be added, maybe with some updates to them to fit this game and it's mechanichs better and maybe added puzzles and stuff.

I played Eye of the Beholder 1, 2 + 3 (on PC). I had a Viglen 486sX 25mHz, with 4MB RAM and 100mb HD back in those days (circa 1990-92). In fact, I still have my original discs along with ISO's I made years ago. I also played other SSI games too (and have those backed up in ISO format too).

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I liked 1 and 2 a lot, 3 not quite as much. Ah, those were the days my friend...

Winterburn

I didn't even remeber that there were a 3rd one. But the first 2 was great. Too bad my Amiga stopped working......and i havn't found anyone that can fix it yet. I have so many cool old games on that one that could be fun to play again. You know.....when you need a break from DDO offcourse ;P

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
I didn't even remeber that there were a 3rd one. But the first 2 was great. Too bad my Amiga stopped working......and i havn't found anyone that can fix it yet. I have so many cool old games on that one that could be fun to play again. You know.....when you need a break from DDO offcourse ;P

Tried using an Amiga Emulator?

Blaster

The Eye of the Beholder trilogy is available on Steam as part of various bundles, but for just the three games themselves, you can get them as the Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One. These are the PC versions, so there will be a difference between them and the original Amiga versions, but reviews seem pretty positive about them in this format. (The original is also available on the Super NES and Sega CD, for which there are various emulators online.)

You can find the Collection One Steam page at the link below, which also contains reviews and links to larger bundles of classic D&D games.

Winterburn

Very nice. Not sure if I'll pay for them though.....it's not a lot but more then they are worth imo (today i mean, they are old and outdated so for that price I don't feel like it's woth it. Especially since i might even have them somewhere in an emulator folder).

But nice to know that they are available should I do want to get them ;D

Blaster

The OP mentioned the Amiga versions, of which these are not a direct release of, so I was just stating that they might be different than what the OP had originally mentioned. This collection was a re-release of the PC versions on GOG then on later on Steam.

Gyuma Bei

DDO might get at nods to the third entry, Eye of the Beholder: Assault on Myth Drannor since the next big expansion is set in Myth Drannor.
But, yeah, it would be cool if the entire Eye of the Beholder series is a SAGA in DDO. The thing is, the first one was set in Waterdeep. The prominent locations like that in the Sword Coast is usually reserved for bigger licensees (i.e. Baldur's Gate). But, since Larian is no longer developing any future D&D games and Hasbro is suffering a downward trend right now, they might ease off on the licensing limits.

I mean, they had Dri'zzt show up in a NOTHING GAME like "Dragonheir". Maybe Daybreak/SSG can squeeze more juice from WotC now.

Buddha5440

I still have a folder with my hand-drawn maps on graph paper. Love those games. :)

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos

Seeing eye of the beholder 1 in a magazine is what got me started on role playing games way back when. I've finished EOB1 like a hundred times and EOB2 like three-four times because I always decide to go back in eob1 and remake the party.

I still play them from time to time, because I actually remember areas the playthroughs are kinda fast.

Right now I am trying out an elven Fighter/mage, human paladin, gnome cleric (kobold writing!), dwarven fighter/cleric. If you cap your level in eob1 through the kenku, you don't really need a pure mage for eob2.

eightspoons

Right now I am trying out an elven Fighter/mage, human paladin, gnome cleric (kobold writing!), dwarven fighter/cleric. If you cap your level in eob1 through the kenku, you don't really need a pure mage for eob2.
Is that by using the easy XP 'trick' in the kenku area? Heh heh heh!

I rather scare myself how, even after so many years, I can still remember every detail, and every secret of every single area in EOB1 (and the Dragonlance Gold box games too), when I occasionally have a hard time remembering my own age.

Ugh, I (still) love that game, but I can't help but let it dictate my opinion on things like Kobolds in legendary quests in DDO.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
You know, once upon a time respawning monsters was considered a balancing reason and a bad thing... THE LOLs