Feydark Illusionist

New player and only have the DDOFREE2024 code activated. I am building human charisma based pally. The easiest way to get charisma to hit and damage looks like to get feydark illusionist. One way is to just buy off DDO store. The other is to do Summer Court favor, but the quests look like epic level quests, which don't look doable unless they scale to level. I am currently level 4. So buying seems to be the only way. Any other options? Thank you!

DBZ

I believe thats feywild pack it has heroic level 5-6 quests and favor and legendary quests and items

It is op heroic racial gear and still useful legendary

Lazuli

The xpack has heroic and legendary version of quests.

Heroic is 5 base (7 elite). You will be able to do the quests very soon. By doing the quests in heroic elite you already get the favor.

Arch-Necromancer

Yep this is an expansion feature so you either need to buy the tree or buy the expansion to get the tree.

You can also have charisma to attack and damage if you have a purple dragon knight iconic. But you would need to finish the current life and TR to be able to become a purple dragon knight iconic, and also need to have it purchased.

And since they removed the old expansions from DDO store you cannot just buy an old Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion to get a Purple Dragon Knight.

You need to buy it separately which is more expensive.

So yeah, "have fun", new player!

Owlbear

I never like grinding the favor for a character to unlock the Enhancement trees. I want to play my chracter with those abilities right away. So I just get them for DDO points. Also unlocks them for ALL characters you will ever make.

Feydark Illusionist favor is in the Fables of the Feywild Expansion quests. So if you don't have those quests you might also want to concider buying the Fables of the Feywild - Collector's Edition or Ultimate Fan Bundle on DDO Market (not ingame store). They include the Feydark Illusionist. Often on sale during Summer Sale, Black Friday and Xmas sales.

Also for Year of the Dragon event we will get a free Expansion of your choice soon (end of april?). So if you want only the quests you can pick them up for free later on. Unless you want to choose another Expansion for that of course.

Last edited:

Lazuli

Doing the quests once to unlock the tree is not a lot of work, it is quick and easy. But true, the OP did not say that he had the xpack. I thought he had it.

Owlbear

Doing the quests once to unlock the tree is not a lot of work, it is quick and easy. But true, the OP did not say that he had the xpack. I thought he had it.
For a new player it's not quick and easy. You need 135 Summer Court (Feywild) favor. So a new player will need to play the quests multiple times because they don't unlock higher difficulties from the start (unless you group and someone else does that for you). I wouldn't recommend a new player to join zerg groups on Elite to get it done quickly. Just enjoy the first time quest experience first.

Last edited:

Lazuli

For a new player it's not quick and easy. You need 135 Summer Court (Feywild) favor. So a new player will need to play the quests multiple times because they don't unlock higher difficulties from the start.
That's what lfms are for. It is a chain in which it is very easy to get help, most of the players do it at that level.

seph1roth5

DDO is all about reincarnating too though. I'd recommend playing a vanilla str-based paladin w/ greatsword first. They're VERY strong and reliable, and what I always recommend to new people.

Then you can work on getting some pts via favor for feywild, which I believe is 2000? 2400? Something like that. Reincarnate a few times or try other characters out (also for favor). When you unlock vistani (ravenloft), inquisitive (sharn), feydark (fey), or horizon walker (gatekeepers), they're unlocked for that character forever, don't forget to turn it in! As you reincarnate you'll unlock more and more and have more options.

Falconry's good but...not fun to unlock via favor lol, needs waaaay too many quests.

Thank you for all the help. How do you know what quests you got from the FREEDDO2024 coupon so you know whether to get an expansion? Just buying the enhancement tree for feydark is fairly inexpensive vs the expansion. Too bad I missed the expansion sale!

Owlbear

Thank you for all the help. How do you know what quests you got from the FREEDDO2024 coupon so you know whether to get an expansion? Just buying the enhancement tree for feydark is fairly inexpensive vs the expansion. Too bad I missed the expansion sale!
The code only included Adventure packs and no Expansion packs. You can see the full list here: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl-2024
Adventure packs are the smaller quest packs that are also available for VIP members for free. Expansion packs are bigger packs with additional content that are only available on the DDO Market website for the first year. After that the quests become available for DDO Points in the DDO ingame store also.

Lazuli

I hope you got the first four xpacks for 99 points along with the code!

Toblakai

Feydark illusionist tree also require the Magical Training feat to get. So you will need to plan on getting this if you do not already have it.

Archest

another note: VIP will not give you access either to any of the expansion packs it only include quest not associated with expansion packs . I think a VIP subscription should include all access to all content . it does not

I missed the 99 point expansion packs unfortunately. How often do they run those sales? It would be nice if buying the newest expansion included the previous expansions!

DBZ

Free xpack end of this month or next SM sparks are rare and unique if you don't have those

Lazuli

I missed the 99 point expansion packs unfortunately. How often do they run those sales? It would be nice if buying the newest expansion included the previous expansions!
Usually once a year, but it's at SSG's whims, so that may vary. there is no fixed schedule

Deamon81

Crossclass with Favored Sould will give you Grace of Battel which do the same. Favor for FS should be easy to get